Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented Binds

HOKI

Radio Bob Approved
Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
513
1637195708026.png

Says here that binds are not allowed, yet nearly everyone uses them. CPs, OTA, rebels, etc.
People mainly use them because it lets them respond quickly and initiate combat, especially with someone who's running away (people run away without RP 99% of the time)

I got warned today for using a bind to initiate combat with a player (not the sole reason). however I still suggest either clarify the rules and confirm that binds are not allowed and punish people who use them or repeal the rule and allow binds, since everyone uses them yet apparently according to the rules, it's prohibited.
 
View attachment 6454

Says here that binds are not allowed, yet nearly everyone uses them. CPs, OTA, rebels, etc.
People mainly use them because it lets them respond quickly and initiate combat, especially with someone who's running away (people run away without RP 99% of the time)

I got warned today for using a bind to initiate combat with a player (not the sole reason). however I still suggest either clarify the rules and confirm that binds are not allowed and punish people who use them or repeal the rule and allow binds, since everyone uses them yet apparently according to the rules, it's prohibited.
I would like to say this is a constant with CP players, and actually fairly rare with Rebel players, however the time limit on TBC is fucking trash if you're trying to do something like finish an enemy off. Which mind you is kinda ass in its own right. But it basically fucks anyone and everyone on the opposing side. Good example. I got shot the fuck up by a unit that engaged us on Triumph street today. While i was roleplaying, and then suddenly BAM BAM BAM BAM all of my armor is gone while im typing a /me capturing a loyalist. So yeah... Its either lack of rp or proper courtesy, a unit engaged us without rp today along with having a unit go and use their bind of "*** Blahblahblahblah: Shoots enemy with intent to kill" In general it feels like a slap to the face for quality rp. This can easily be fixed by saying "Hey no more rp binds. Write out your /me or contact the enemy in OOC and let them know you're engaging so you can stop and RP"
 
There’s hardly any rp between rebels and Cops anyway.
It’s always just:
Rebels shotcop,
Fight happens
One side gets driven back
City goes back to normal.

There isn’t any sort of goal for the rebels that doesn’t involve shotcops. Just coax cops into a fight, hopefully kill them all. Then take their stuff. Then run away

The /mes cops get is usually the same shit
/me shoots at his target

Then when they go down, they get /me shoots in head
 
There’s hardly any rp between rebels and Cops anyway.
It’s always just:
Rebels shotcop,
Fight happens
One side gets driven back
City goes back to normal.

There isn’t any sort of goal for the rebels that doesn’t involve shotcops. Just coax cops into a fight, hopefully kill them all. Then take their stuff. Then run away

The /mes cops get is usually the same shit
/me shoots at his target

Then when they go down, they get /me shoots in head
I actually try to enhance any downed units rp, by patching them up after the fights over. If ya know... I get the chance. It earns us rebels a possible ally and well.. Thankfully some of the medics on the rebels side typically have a fair amount of medical supplies on them. So its quite good to actually make the effort but during TBC? I usually get the shit shot out of me trying to rp during it so... It makes it really just not fun for me.

@Harley Quinn I do try my best at it but as stated above, during TBC rp is basically thrown away thanks to the stupid timer. You have to prep your rp before hand.
 
I actually try to enhance any downed units rp, by patching them up after the fights over. If ya know... I get the chance. It earns us rebels a possible ally and well.. Thankfully some of the medics on the rebels side typically have a fair amount of medical supplies on them. So its quite good to actually make the effort but during TBC? I usually get the shit shot out of me trying to rp during it so... It makes it really just not fun for me.
Yesterday . And all that happened for the cops was:
All three went down
They got patched up
Then they got killed with axes

Sure I get it, but if Rebel mains just end up summarily executing us anyway. Then what’s the point of rp’ing it out. It only happened once, with D-0 but he’s pked.

I get wanting to fight like an actual rebel movement. But it’s your up to your homies if they wanna actually rp Resistance Characters, and not murderers with a Lambda insignia. Because rn, their problem is that they only shotcop or do terrorist attacks. They don’t fight like they’re trying to gain a strategic or moral advantage.

TBC is like S2K but everyone gets to abuse the fuck out of the mechanics. If we wanted to rp a fight, we would be s2rP or just go full retard and go s2k
 
Yesterday . And all that happened for the cops was:
All three went down
They got patched up
Then they got killed with axes

Sure I get it, but if Rebel mains just end up summarily executing us anyway. Then what’s the point of rp’ing it out. It only happened once, with D-0 but he’s pked.

I get wanting to fight like an actual rebel movement. But it’s your up to your homies if they wanna actually rp Resistance Characters, and not murderers with a Lambda insignia. Because rn, their problem is that they only shotcop or do terrorist attacks. They don’t fight like they’re trying to gain a strategic or moral advantage.

TBC is like S2K but everyone gets to abuse the fuck out of the mechanics. If we wanted to rp a fight, we would be s2rP or just go full retard and go s2k
I actually was not present yesterday so i cannot attest for this. But I think my character is the only one who wanted to do that shit. I think the ones that got patched up were by Tinker but you guys were fighting the UFF, which as per their mandate... They're hardcore anti union murderers. (They just wanted your gear and shit) Which is what they reflect themselves as. All they care about is loot icly. They dont care about the roleplay n w/e as far as i can tell outside of the leader but yeah... I actually tried today to call for a S2RP but everyone was like "naw." so i kinda was at a loss.
 
I will admit that some of the rebels are a little.. kill-happy, as they see CPs as free scripts essentially.

I was annoyed when I saw/heard that the rebels just killed 3 CPs for no reason other than 'mmm scripts' basically. I've been trying to push for that to change so that both sides have to RP. The issue with s2rp is that a lot of ppl like to power game - and eventually, it becomes tedious with more than 4 players. Yet a sweep is usually 10 CPs at times.

So honestly, it sucks - IK. And I hate TBC as well as it doesn't allow time to RP unless ur the fasted typer known to man. We need to find a better solution. @Xanth
 
That’s a different issue entirely. But I can get how it correlates.
It’s a roleplay server, not COD.
Script hungry and calloused is usually what makes Rebel rp suck. They don’t act human compared to cops. They act like jihaadists. Not claiming moral superiority at all. Just killing because that’s all they like.
Binds should be used because we use it anyway, the only way things can be changed is change how combat works intrinsically besides playing Willard like a autistic form of XCOM
 
That’s a different issue entirely. But I can get how it correlates.
It’s a roleplay server, not COD.
Script hungry and calloused is usually what makes Rebel rp suck. They don’t act human compared to cops. They act like jihaadists. Not claiming moral superiority at all. Just killing because that’s all they like.
Binds should be used because we use it anyway, the only way things can be changed is change how combat works intrinsically besides playing Willard like a autistic form of XCOM
I would like to actually push for normalizing asking the opposing party to Shoot to rp. Ya know? Still exchange fire but prioritize RP over it. While using S2K perhaps.
 
this is a roleplay server. start treating it like one.
Ok. whats ur point here? seems like a pointless interjection. A bind is still RP. You press it, a /me pops up, it's still roleplay. Just because it's related to combat doesn't mean it's not rp. If you RP'd your character having an illness and you made a bind /me relating to that, it would be considered roleplay, but as soon as it's combat, it's suddenly not roleplay? How & why?

Why would I put effort into RP'ing a /me to initiate combat when the other person, who was attacked, doesn't have to (according to the rules), if they didn't already mingerun away to safety.
I would like to actually push for normalizing asking the opposing party to Shoot to rp. Ya know? Still exchange fire but prioritize RP over it. While using S2K perhaps.
S2RP is just torment for everyone involved. Last time I was involved in s2rp on willard, CPs were leading workers to fix something in the underground, and it took 30+ minutes for the altercation to be resolved. 5 minutes of that was actual RP with /me's, the other was them arguing. It ruins the RP, because no one wants to lose, no one will willingly lose unless they have nothing or are an event character.

TBC is great because it combines S2K without the bullshit S2RP arguing and accomodates for people who are bad at FPS games + gives reason for combat related skills to exist.
 
These binded /me's are reminding me very much of nebulous. The S2K bind which typical is something along the lines of "/me fires at the target, shooting at center-mass.". These are fucking stupid and if you think that this is acceptable RP then we have to have a long chat about what it means to roleplay. Rule should stay as is and I am glad you got warned for it. It means admins are catching on to CPs that do this kind of shit.
 
I think most staff haven't been enforcing it as it became so normalised that everyone forgot that it was a rule. Anyways, I will start enforcing the no binds rule and I think other staff will start to aswell.
 
I think most staff haven't been enforcing it as it became so normalised that everyone forgot that it was a rule. Anyways, I will start enforcing the no binds rule and I think other staff will start to aswell.
Then please start punishing mingerunners aswell. It's impossible to type out a /me to shoot at someone's running away without RP. Unless you do /me shoots
 
Then please start punishing mingerunners aswell. It's impossible to type out a /me to shoot at someone's running away without RP. Unless you do /me shoots
I'm fairly sure we do punish mingerunners but do make an report if someone does
 
On another server I used to write /me's before engaging combat so when I enter into a combat situation I can just type chat and copy paste my /me. For scenarios like you mentioned being fast is what changed whether you are death or alive. It is not a bind technically however according to rules copy-paste is allowed or not?
 
On another server I used to write /me's before engaging combat so when I enter into a combat situation I can just type chat and copy paste my /me. For scenarios like you mentioned being fast is what changed whether you are death or alive. It is not a bind technically however according to rules copy-paste is allowed or not?
I don't know, it could count as an advantage because its similar to a bind, instantly spewing out a message, but an admin can decide i guess
 
I think most staff haven't been enforcing it as it became so normalised that everyone forgot that it was a rule. Anyways, I will start enforcing the no binds rule and I think other staff will start to aswell.
So first off thank you. Staff are actually decent here, and yall do a good job already. However I don't use binds usually because I cant be assed to do so. However my rp typically results in me getting lit up before I actually ya know... Hit enter on my turn. I'd be okay with the fact ya know I do my rp during my turn if the timer wasn't so low. 4-5 seconds to do movement or shoot or w/e You'd have to be the fastest typer on earth to get a small paragraph out of medical rp during your turn. And not get the fucking shit shot out of you when perhaps rping grabbing someone and pulling them to safety.
Why would I put effort into RP'ing a /me to initiate combat when the other person, who was attacked, doesn't have to (according to the rules), if they didn't already mingerun away to safety.

S2RP is just torment for everyone involved. Last time I was involved in s2rp on willard, CPs were leading workers to fix something in the underground, and it took 30+ minutes for the altercation to be resolved. 5 minutes of that was actual RP with /me's, the other was them arguing. It ruins the RP, because no one wants to lose, no one will willingly lose unless they have nothing or are an event character.

TBC is great because it combines S2K without the bullshit S2RP arguing and accomodates for people who are bad at FPS games + gives reason for combat related skills to exist.
To retort a bit TBC streamlines alot of the combat n shit. But it impacts rp hardcore. I'd personally recommend increasing the TBC timer or at least normalizing something like OOCLY going "Ay im gonna be rping on my turn." And call your identity out or w/e. Thats up to the people though I will personally do this.
 
There's no incentive to spare anyone on either side right now, and probably never will be.

Those cops that you just downed? They're collaborating with the alien empire that enslaved your species and were sent there to kill you. If you'd have lost that firefight not only would you have died IC but would have lost your character OOC.

Flip that for cop players with rebels - you're forced to sweep and if you die doing it, you get PK'd. That doesn't exactly encourage most people to not double-tap downed rebels for their own safety.

You're not going to randomly get mercy in 9/10 cases.
 
Back
Top