- Joined
- Nov 13, 2022
- Messages
- 583
- Thread Author
- #1


Well uh- I dunno what to say really. Sure I was Denver born and bred, went to Boulder University just your average, run of the mill gal destined for a quiet life, y'know? I didn't wanna be some average Joe Schmoe however, dealing with the rat race of an office block and cubicles, nah- Wasn't my deal. I uh- I did study in chemistry and mathematics, resonated with me the most... Eventually went back to where I was educated and repaid them back I suppose? Helped the kids who struggled the most, turned it around for them so they didn't end up on the state's dime, looking for handouts. Hell- It's not where I'd want my kids, don't think their parents would either. Albeit, suppose it didn't matter in the end.

Well- As you can probably guess. That easy-going-life I thought I was gonna have? Didn't end up so easy-going. We eh- Well- Got hit, hit hard. I still remember it all, the confusion, the chaos and the evacuations. National Guard and whatever law enforcement that remained did their best to evacuate the populace, me and- My fiancé included. Albeit he got separated early on. Haven't- Haven't heard from him since. Portal storms tore up the country, spitting out- God knows what, crabs, giant bugs, dogs that could shatter glass with their screams? It was horrific. We eventually got evacuated eastward, towards St Louis, then eventually being re-organized into larger, greater groups of evacuees. Eventually settling just outside of Chicago. Housed in FEMA tents with what little peacekeeping forces remained, simply just hoping we weren't going to be obliterated in the next storm or overran by fauna. Albeit, something much worse came.
After several years of constant moving, relocating and scavenging for day-to-day essentials. The skies were torn open once again- Giant- Things just obliterating everything in their paths, shredding tanks and APC's as if they were papier-mâché. They- I don't want to- I don't want to talk about it.


Well- We're here now. Far away from Ground Zero and huddled together in a squat, living in filth and rot. After- They came and took over in seven hours, they split up the populace and refugees that I'd found myself in, eventually dropping me into this hellhole. Alone, abandoned and forgotten my world had been shattered, I found myself huddling under rags and old tattered pieces of sheets just in an attempt to comfort myself, living out of shacks made of plywood and scrap metal. That was, until I gazed upon the crowd, all of them the same as me. Till I met someone, an accountant thrust into the same boat as I was, he gave me his hand and pulled me up. Together? We took in likewise abandoned and forgotten people, a German, an Italian, a Russian and several others. Forming together our own group to establish our own identity and to further our agenda, giving the people what they needed, food, water, relaxation and purpose.
Albeit, I can't sit here, just handling the tedium of the district and the stress it produces- No. I need to find them, my fiancé, my sister, my brother- It's been too long. I'll find them, no matter what it takes or what I needed do.


The clouds lowered and accumulated, blotting out what little winter sky we had. The New Order exerting it's will by tearing the sky asunder whilst we fled like rats. Smalltime gangsters and wannabes blocking our only route to safety with what rabble they had remaining, only to be drowned in a horde of the downtrodden, desperate and outright dejected. Swarming like locusts to a crop whilst the blighted constructs of the would be tyrants crept beneath our feet, scrambling out of whatever hole they could to snuff us out. Gunfire, radiation or complacency would've killed us, yet we chose none of them. A torrential horde of bodies pouring through the station and onto a carriage organized by would be charity workers who simply watched and observed us whilst we toiled, promising us solace if we toiled in a would-be act of indentured servitude. But toil we must, for all of our sakes.
After several years of constant moving, relocating and scavenging for day-to-day essentials. The skies were torn open once again- Giant- Things just obliterating everything in their paths, shredding tanks and APC's as if they were papier-mâché. They- I don't want to- I don't want to talk about it.


Well- We're here now. Far away from Ground Zero and huddled together in a squat, living in filth and rot. After- They came and took over in seven hours, they split up the populace and refugees that I'd found myself in, eventually dropping me into this hellhole. Alone, abandoned and forgotten my world had been shattered, I found myself huddling under rags and old tattered pieces of sheets just in an attempt to comfort myself, living out of shacks made of plywood and scrap metal. That was, until I gazed upon the crowd, all of them the same as me. Till I met someone, an accountant thrust into the same boat as I was, he gave me his hand and pulled me up. Together? We took in likewise abandoned and forgotten people, a German, an Italian, a Russian and several others. Forming together our own group to establish our own identity and to further our agenda, giving the people what they needed, food, water, relaxation and purpose.
Albeit, I can't sit here, just handling the tedium of the district and the stress it produces- No. I need to find them, my fiancé, my sister, my brother- It's been too long. I'll find them, no matter what it takes or what I needed do.


The clouds lowered and accumulated, blotting out what little winter sky we had. The New Order exerting it's will by tearing the sky asunder whilst we fled like rats. Smalltime gangsters and wannabes blocking our only route to safety with what rabble they had remaining, only to be drowned in a horde of the downtrodden, desperate and outright dejected. Swarming like locusts to a crop whilst the blighted constructs of the would be tyrants crept beneath our feet, scrambling out of whatever hole they could to snuff us out. Gunfire, radiation or complacency would've killed us, yet we chose none of them. A torrential horde of bodies pouring through the station and onto a carriage organized by would be charity workers who simply watched and observed us whilst we toiled, promising us solace if we toiled in a would-be act of indentured servitude. But toil we must, for all of our sakes.
Last edited:
