- Joined
- Sep 14, 2022
- Messages
- 595
- Thread Author
- #1
My Thoughts are always so scattered, especially non-verbally. What lies ahead is just the thoughts of this... strange position I find myself in.
Lord help me.
November 20th, 2007
It's only been three days, and I already keep getting asked the same question; "How can Civil Protection have a Chaplain?" the real answer is I don't know. I started giving out religious sermons for some of the guys when they would feel down. Then it became a whole thing with the department where they wanted me to host proper speeches. Then they started coming to me to vent about all matters of life, Promotion Day just making the workload quadruple since half of these people had to shoot people they called friend. It all just spun out of control, and suddenly I'm the therapist for the District's cops... Chief saw all of this and called me into their office. I thought he was going to chew me out for causing some kind of ruckus. Instead the guy made me the official Chaplain of the precinct. So now I'd be responsible for EVERY religion, and not just the Christians, as well as just provide general therapy to everyone. I asked why he would even want something like this and- I kid you not- his exact words were "If it works" as he shrugged. THAT'S IT. They weren't lying about this place being the rejects of City 13. Granted, I'm also assigned here. At least my pre-war education is being put to use, but damn I gotta be a cop on top of it? This is my life now...
December 20th, 2007
Okay, month one of being a Chaplain has gone really well, actually. No one wants to kill me (that I know of), however I'm still paranoid around the Citizens. Especially after Sergeant Acker got killed. So I wear my mask most places.
January 16th, 2008
Okay, month two of being a Chaplain and the Chief was murdered when he and two squads worth of men went to deal with some remnants of the separatists of Promotion Day... so now, I'm just a Chaplain with barely anyone to actually help AND I'm going to have to explain to the new replacements, INCLUDING my superiors, what the Hell a Chaplain is doing in Civil Protection. So... that's gonna be a fun conversation. This is my life now...
January 20th, 2008
Kayla and I were sent out on a call. We got reports of one of our own being taken hostage in some pseudo-Stand Off. A hostage situation with no negotiators. I knew we were already low on numbers, but I guess I didn't realize just how bad it was until one of us going missing meant a third of us was gone. Kayla came storming into my room, talking about me needing to get my "Holy butt" out there and put my religion to good use. She did not use the word "butt," however I think it's clear what she really said. Either way I'd have followed her advice, as she was right. I needed to get myself out there and help O'Toole. Well, we got to the situation and we found the old man, in his state of insanity, stabbed O'Toole with a twelve inch kitchen knife and hung him from a tree. Well, I immediately drew my pistol on the old man, and he raised his hands to surrender. Kayla went up to the upper floor to deal with a possible suspect who was just staring at us through the fence... can't take too many chances. Well, the Old Timer- a guy who called himself "Satan Incarnate" and nothing else- tried to lunge at me with the knife, where I shot him eight times in the chest, then went to help Kayla. Well, while she was processing this guy's information, I look down to the corpse of the old guy and see that some weirdo was recording the whole thing with a camera. I just watched him for a solid half-minute before he saw me, panicked, and ran away while flipping me the bird and shouting expletives. Kayla invited me to join her for a drink, said it was a good shoot all around. I just stared at O'Toole, still hanged by a rope. I'm not sure what killed him, but I know it was slow. They lit a fire underneath him... four years ago, I was in college...
This is my life, now...
Who I Know, How I Know Them
I know you're with me, every step of the way. Even when I falter in thought and actions.
You are kind... you are good. Do not let your past define you, as you are loved. By Him, by your family, and by your friends. The latter, I hope to be considered.
Last edited:



