- Joined
- Jan 21, 2024
- Messages
- 142
- Thread Author
- #1
The problem?
A lot of times when playing in V2, and sometimes in V3 I've found myself being almost entirely out of the loop as a citizen. Even with knowledge that would be commonly known to the public, such as through broadcasts or screens.
As a character, when you are offline you're not just in hibernation, your character is still supposed to exist, be present, and be aware even if it is behind the scenes. This creates a conflict when a city code is changed in a large manner and a character is simply unaware of the change.
The solution?
Something we've seen several times in HL2RP, and something Aspect himself knows true and well.
A discord relay in which only tells the community things that happen in public, such as:
- Dispatch broadcasts
- /Event
- Broadcasts via broadcasting tool.
- Ration Announcements? Sometimes*
Wouldn't this cause metagaming?
I could definitely see how it can be seen as metagaming, however the information that's being put out there through the channel is information that everyone gets to know if they're on the server. The only thing I can personally see being an issue with this considering meta is the fact that more players will get on during specific events, which there isn't entirely a problem with that.
I also see this helping with peoples understanding of the lore, current happenings, etcetera.
Examples:
As a citizen, sometimes I find myself during Unrest Procedure wearing a jacket, a shirt, or any non-identifiable clothes when it's generally not permitted, this is because there was no way for me to know about the changes in city code, even if my character should realistically know if the city code changes.
*The only cases in which rations should be broadcasted is if the rations are held under manual distribution due to event or lore circumstances.
A lot of times when playing in V2, and sometimes in V3 I've found myself being almost entirely out of the loop as a citizen. Even with knowledge that would be commonly known to the public, such as through broadcasts or screens.
As a character, when you are offline you're not just in hibernation, your character is still supposed to exist, be present, and be aware even if it is behind the scenes. This creates a conflict when a city code is changed in a large manner and a character is simply unaware of the change.
The solution?
Something we've seen several times in HL2RP, and something Aspect himself knows true and well.
A discord relay in which only tells the community things that happen in public, such as:
- Dispatch broadcasts
- /Event
- Broadcasts via broadcasting tool.
- Ration Announcements? Sometimes*
Wouldn't this cause metagaming?
I could definitely see how it can be seen as metagaming, however the information that's being put out there through the channel is information that everyone gets to know if they're on the server. The only thing I can personally see being an issue with this considering meta is the fact that more players will get on during specific events, which there isn't entirely a problem with that.
I also see this helping with peoples understanding of the lore, current happenings, etcetera.
Examples:
As a citizen, sometimes I find myself during Unrest Procedure wearing a jacket, a shirt, or any non-identifiable clothes when it's generally not permitted, this is because there was no way for me to know about the changes in city code, even if my character should realistically know if the city code changes.
*The only cases in which rations should be broadcasted is if the rations are held under manual distribution due to event or lore circumstances.