Halostrophe's feedback states that GMs directed him to focus gang warfare on the Black Flags, and that this produced the only real battle of the event. That directed targeting, plus the acknowledged uneven handling of several FailRP incidents in varying severity and punishment, is the pattern I'm raising. It is not simply "D1 is a conflict zone". It is staff steering conflict onto one group while applying different standards to the players once the conflicts happen.
The dual role (GM authority + IC faction lead) is exactly why the uneven handling of FailRP cases between the attackers and defenders is a problem. It is not "IC leaders acting". It is staff controlled non-event characters selecting the Black Flags, followed by staff enforcement that actively ran against the Black Flags.
For context, the FailRP cases are (as I remember them):
Black Flags: Bounter runs away from a witchhunt, gets killed, PK'ed, then permaed for toxic behavior. One subsequently does a /me runs away from mugging = 24h ban.
Attackers in the "real fight": One gets a slap on the wrist (warning) for removing a HAZMAT suit from my character without proper RP. I get no refund. The group chasing Bounter should've made a ticket, and instead initiated S2K. At least one in that group was given a slap on the wrist.
Hey Janek, you pinged nath but he's a busy guy, so you'll have to contend with me.
Let me start by saying I have read and will take to heart every single comment made in this thread. The reason I am replying to you in particular is because of how you and some of the other Black Flag members chose to OOCly handle what happened to them, which I found honestly baffling.
1 - You claim Halostrophe was both ICly and OOCly led by GMs to attack the Black Flag. I have to say I have found zero evidence of any OOC meddling-
What I did find was a lot of IC planning regarding taking out the Black Flag. I'd be willing to bet it's because of the nature of the group, and how you outwardly presented yourselves as Anarchists with no attempt to hide it, while expecting others to be completely okay with that. This is a HL2RP server post-7HW. Individuals saw your group as a threat to the District's very existence, as the Combine certainly do not look kindly upon anarchist groups,
so people decided to take matters into their own hands before it grew into a bigger issue.
2 - You claim favoritism regarding staffing and bring Bounter's case up as an example. There were rule breaks on both sides- The major difference (and why Bounter got banned and not a slap on the wrist like the other party) is, like always,
OOC Conduct. After his character dying in the S2K fight, here's what Bounter said in LOOC:
[2026-08-26 20:10:39] [LOOC] Otton Fischer: I hope you guys get in a fucking car crash btw
[2026-08-26 20:10:52] [LOOC] Otton Fischer: you'r legit S2K Lootwhores
[2026-08-26 20:11:03] [LOOC] Otton Fischer: Like, legit just s2k lootwhores whose parents don't love them
Again, this wasn't a matter of simple rule breaks.
It's a matter of toxic and utterly inadmissible behavior towards community members, and the community as a whole. Which, as a matter of fact, seems to be a pattern for certain individuals when things don't go their way. I certainly found many logs similar to this one by other Black Flag members.
3 - This is a personal one for me. You have come here to the complaint threat to complain-
Which is what you should have done in the first place. However, ever since most of your group stopped playing and EO shut down,
EO discord turned into prime battlegrounds to shit talk the D1 event, accusing us of event mismanagement, OOC meddling, gaslighting, and any and all of our decisions. I find this legitimately offensive, especially considering I was Dubik's crafting ticket lap dog during the first week, and that I was more than happy to try and give Black Flag everything they said they needed (
even though dubik was obviously just rushing gun and armor crafting like he does in every event).
You were given every single chance by everyone and only replied with hostility both towards GMs and towards other players. I have several logs to confirm this, if you feel it necessary.
4- In the end, you guys
were actively shown OOC favoritism yourselves, as GMs desperately tried to keep players from instantly murdering all of you OOCly through DMs (because you were
extremely open with your anarchism). That's the only instance of OOC meddling I found, and
it was in your favor.
When everything was said and done, you guys wanted to just run away from the District and we said it wouldn't be that easy since D1 was supposed to be shut off from the outside. Did you try to find any of the
plentiful other ways we had established to leave ICly, through roleplay? No. You called us out for "blackmailing" you into continuing to play, and then went off to the EO discord to shit talk our decisions.
For the entire event members of your group skirted around staff and constantly went higher up on the staff chain (
against the rules) just because you didn't like the outcome of certain situations, felt you got inadequate script rewards, or simply because you felt targeted (despite said targeting being completely IC). When things didn't go your way you instantly devolved into DMing other staff members and trying to skirt around decisions that were already made, and when that failed, you just stopped playing entirely (not all of you though, some of the Black Flag actually stayed and managed to roleplay with others. Shocking.)
I'm directly asking you to stop shit talking our team in sister communities, and to take some accountability for your own actions, both IC and OOC.