Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Search results

  1. Goulashnikov

    The S2K Pandemic

    One idea I've been toying around with is turning the world map into a sort of game-board, where factions use resources gathered on the server to then launch missions and capture tiles on the world map, with each sector having resources, a set map for the event to take place on, etc. If a faction...
  2. Goulashnikov

    Start V2 final arc end

    Please do take into consideration the points brought up in this thread about how the rebel faction should probably be encouraged to interact more with the citizen faction. I hope it can at least help a little...
  3. Goulashnikov

    Start V2 final arc end

    While I appreciate everything the French team is doing to actually get V3 out, if the Rebel faction can't actually impact the server or storyline in any meaningful way then we're just going to get repeats of today. Set the server post-Episode 2. Please let us just fuck around and find out.
  4. Goulashnikov

    The Doctor Breen Podcast

    I was looking forward to seeing how ConGen played out, and it was the reason why I decided to return to Willard so I could watch the binders play politics and see how I could interact as a citizen. Seeing several staff members being involved in ending the ConGen before it even began is that my...
  5. Goulashnikov

    The Doctor Breen Podcast

    As someone on the outside looking in, the only question I have is: how does mass PKing a passive citizen faction and committing a mass shooting of tier-1s improve roleplay on the server?
  6. Goulashnikov

    Players who don't play citizens, what would get you to play them more often?

    The fact that the rebel faction in HL2RP quite literally never has to interact with the Citizen faction to survive is one of the largest issues in the game mode. Actual resistance movements have deep ties with civilians, using them as a financial and material support base. In the Server Triad...
  7. Goulashnikov

    Players who don't play citizens, what would get you to play them more often?

    At the moment, I am writing a bit of a conceptual theory for how best to operate the HL2RP framework, using over a decade of experience I have in being a member of multiple communities, both as a player and as a staff member. While this design theory isn't specifically for Willard Networks, I do...
  8. Goulashnikov

    Formal Complaint Regarding Civil Protection Conduct and Rule Imbalance

    In my opinion, one of the largest reasons why S2K CvR is so prominent (which requires cops to be heavily armed) is that there is essentially nothing for Civil Protection to do in HL2RP besides getting into shootouts with rebels. Non-violent crime in the HL2RP game mode is essentially...
  9. Goulashnikov

    Remember when Willard was fun?

    Yeah, it was for two weeks in C8 before peak was destroyed because CvR addicts were having withdrawals.
  10. Goulashnikov

    We should go back to C8

    We should go back to C8 only if we bring back the Yakuza. The dragons must ride again.
  11. Goulashnikov

    Nothing ever happens: A rant.

    tl;dr for below: Factions lack goals because they're not allowed to change anything about their circumstances, meaning players only care about their individual characters and not a wider storyline, and as a result will prefer to avoid engaging in any roleplay that might cause them to lose their...
  12. Goulashnikov

    Different ethnic maps

    Fucking 白人 had to come and ruin the City 8 peak… I still cry.
  13. Goulashnikov

    Accepted “Concealment” mechanic.

    I've had this thought before. Having one of your stats affect how well you're able to hide something on your body would be cool. I counter the inevitable "Just RP it!" argument by saying this mechanic would cut down on the risk of metagaming. You might beat a cop in a roll and successfully hide...
  14. Goulashnikov

    Suggestion Script whores, guns, hardcore and RPG. Fixing the true problem.

    Since TBC will never come back and we're forced to suffer with S2K, I agree with everything here. Especially gun skill affecting your skill with a gun, as opposed to magically making your bullets hurt more.
  15. Goulashnikov

    Question to business owners and everybody else - What are your opinions, and thoughts on the current state of Businesses and the changes to them?

    >make basic, small, sensible business move >get arbitrarily fined by a faceless, bureaucratic government ministry >demotivate businesses >nobody wants to sell, nobody wants to buy We reinvented Brezhnev-era Soviet stagnation!!!!!!
  16. Goulashnikov

    Question to business owners and everybody else - What are your opinions, and thoughts on the current state of Businesses and the changes to them?

    >All these people saying my idea to remove dispensers has been a positive change Goulashnikov: TOTALLY EXONERATED
  17. Goulashnikov

    THE ORDER OF THE EASTERN CROWN

    So get this: the rebels had three corrupt and ineffective dead Russian governments to choose from for their LARP, and they went with the one that was most corrupt and most ineffective!
  18. Goulashnikov

    Implemented Total Jumping Death

    CvR MFs will see this and be like "there is no better way to do combat, sorry"
  19. Goulashnikov

    GEAR WIPE

    oh dude you know its gotta be the double glazed apple fritters
  20. Goulashnikov

    Implemented Total Jumping Death

    jfc I watched the entire thing and idk how anyone can enjoy even a second of S2K. +Support but idk if just making it take a chunk of stamina will be enough, since people with maxxed stamina will likely still be able to bunnyhop. A cooldown mixed with stamina drain might be the ticket. Would also...
Back
Top