Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

CODENAME: VENUS - DAY TWO - FEEDBACK THREAD

Imperator RAD-X

The Supreme Marshal
Staff Member
Server Council
You lived Day Two.

Chaotic and filled to the brim with anarchy...

The Overwatch are destroyed to the last.

The malignancy is closing in.

Then some you decided to have better ideas, and turned neanderthal.

The helicopter lifted off, and crashed *TWICE*.

Now you allied an insane scientist, Hex Sanchez, who saw his creation blown to pieces.

Escape methods are dwindling, and you have one more day to go.

Did you enjoy the second day of the VENUS flytrap?​

Very cool, almost died three times, got to talk vortal non-sense for 5 hours straight and felt important because I was the only vortigaunt (not counting the extract elder) for the majority of the run. 9/10 just wish there was a bit more breathing space in between the events as everything was really dynamic and chaotic. The story and climate though just...mmm! 10/10

Also props to that one gigachad who played a bird for the entire event.

Mor'Xis signing off. See all of you tomorrow during which we all will probably bite the dust. :approve:

In my opinion, it wasn't as good as the first one, I might be saying it because my event character who I liked RPing as got PKed twice due to him being the ONLY ONE looking for the morgue at the time. Also no day 2 video just because my perspective was so messy with PKs and admin calls.

Also @Kaffee WE WERE TOLD TO GO TO A MORGUE! WHO WOULD THINK OF THE CHURCH AT FIRST.

I don't regret crashing the Helicopter.

I enjoyed it, but I think the starting could've been improved. Either by delaying starting the server until more GMs are available, or just letting people passive with a warning that lootRP likely won't be given since there's not enough staff/still setting up.

This may also just be my personal experience and I might've just been asking at a time while all the GMs were busy, but when I was looting NPC corpses to get ammo since I was running entirely dry I ended up just waiting with no answer only for my ticket to be closed with 0 reply. Even a 'You find no loot' through PM is better than the ticket being closed with no reply.

Perhaps some way to automate that process is needed, player needs to be around a corpse, do a perception roll, the result of that is put into a loot table similar to the trash bags and when looted the corpse disappears. But I understand the risk in that.

I enjoyed it, but I think the starting could've been improved. Either by delaying starting the server until more GMs are available, or just letting people passive with a warning that lootRP likely won't be given since there's not enough staff/still setting up.
I apologise for that, actually. Tried getting as many people as possible though being the only GM for roughly an hour, it was challenging for thirty people during the open stages of the VENUS event. This is something that is very reflectively thought upon by not just yourself.

Can someone give me a good summary I couldnt make today but I’m returning tomorrow

I liked how it managed to stay interesting even though I was alone 90% of the time. Few skirmishes with OTA Here and there and a bit of clever deception overall I really liked it but I think staffing was definitely an issue can't really blame people that much for that. I feel like I enjoyed the event the further along I played, Like the longer along it went, I wasn't entirely sure how I'd feel about the event up to now I was expecting like a city 45 map covered in infestation and completely overrun but I think the event team picked a really good map despite how large it is, I think size really played well into the atmosphere, If you weren't with a group it was the same vibes as you might get from ODST.

TLDR:
-Personally, I would've enjoyed a tad more cohesion at least oocly. But I think we managed fine even given that wasn't always there, I found my character changing groups multiple times solely because people would just run off and do an objective and he'd run into a group holed up in a basement or something I look forward to seeing how this ends given yesterdays events near the end.

I may gave joined with only an Hour left but I felt that I enjoyed it. My elder Vort character left the group at the end of Day 1 to wander and now to return to them on Day 2 to see how they have crumbled and lost so many people even to see how their kin was lost. I'm liking the way how I'm sort of advising people to not trust or turn against Hex as well as warning them that their attempts to stop the Growth of The Malignance Zone are futile.

It's the Last Day today (which is my birthday 🎉) and I'm hoping to pull a few plot twists from my Vort Sides.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to it

I liked how it managed to stay interesting even though I was alone 90% of the time. Few skirmishes with OTA Here and there and a bit of clever deception overall I really liked it but I think staffing was definitely an issue can't really blame people that much for that. I feel like I enjoyed the event the further along I played, Like the longer along it went, I wasn't entirely sure how I'd feel about the event up to now I was expecting like a city 45 map covered in infestation and completely overrun but I think the event team picked a really good map despite how large it is, I think size really played well into the atmosphere, If you weren't with a group it was the same vibes as you might get from ODST.

TLDR:
-Personally, I would've enjoyed a tad more cohesion at least oocly. But I think we managed fine even given that wasn't always there, I found my character changing groups multiple times solely because people would just run off and do an objective and he'd run into a group holed up in a basement or something I look forward to seeing how this ends given yesterdays events near the end.
Shortage of staff tonight won't be happening I am certain of this.

Also props to that one gigachad who played a bird for the entire event.
Also ain't no way this is true

Last edited:

This may also just be my personal experience and I might've just been asking at a time while all the GMs were busy, but when I was looting NPC corpses to get ammo since I was running entirely dry I ended up just waiting with no answer only for my ticket to be closed with 0 reply. Even a 'You find no loot' through PM is better than the ticket being closed with no reply.

Perhaps some way to automate that process is needed, player needs to be around a corpse, do a perception roll, the result of that is put into a loot table similar to the trash bags and when looted the corpse disappears. But I understand the risk in that.
Chances are you put in a request that was more demanding then polite, though it may also have been during a period when we just had to get through like 10 of them.

Back