Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Genny's GM conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraygun

Former Headcop
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
549
I want to start this complaint by prefacing a couple of things. Me and Genevieve were relatively good friends in the past. This has however deteriorated when she started to change her attitude towards me and her entire tone. Marco took my (at the time intention three) officer aside, and started talking smack about TAP-099, who was Genevieve's character at the time. What exactly was talked, is provided by the console logs below.

What did however shock me, was the fact that Genevieve goes out of her way to DM me about this out of nowhere, taking a passive-agressive stance with me, because apparently she's been messaged by someone if she's "been erping with the mcp". I fail to see where my fault lies in this, though it is obvious that either she has used her GM powers to find out about this IC conversation that was turned into an OOC drama, or had someone that snooped for logs on her behalf. Both of them are equally worse in my eyes. This entire OOC conversation shouldn't have happened. I should not be hold accountable under any circumstances for what's being talked IC.

image.webp
Second point: in the past, RLs required a third party GM to review camera logs. I'm not sure whether or not this still applies, but I wish to point out the fact that Genny has used her GM powers to dig up IC logs of a past conversation my character had with hers. To prove that there was any bad faith on this is debatable, but what cannot be refuted is the fact that it has indeed happened. I'm not comfortable with GMs essentially being able to look up logs for themselves and use that power ICly. I think it would've set a precedent in good faith if a third GM was called in, because the context of this conversation does matter. TAP-099 was insulted over the fact that she scolded LINE-494 over the fact that she surrendered her weapons, during the My character was PK'd over insulting TAP-099. IC is IC, and I won't drag this out too long, though I do think that IC information was misinterpreted, which consequently got my character shot. The quotes below, are what my character said, though one vital piece of information is being left out: the insults were thrown over TAP-099's inability to recognize that scolding a unit that surrendered to Overwatch is bad. This isn't shown in any of the camera logs that I've found so far.


image.webp

I have an inkling that Genevieve might have used her GM powers to spy again on my IC whispers. There was a conversation that I had with Marco about her unit and rank leader, and I had to skew my words around, because she kept watching us. And while it wouldn't be an issue normally, I have used /psl to check if she had her powers turned on. And she did. Given the past I have with her, I don't exactly trust that she didn't have her console open to spy what was being whispered.

1756911119442.pngOf course, to further add on to her conduct: her conduct as a GM is atrocious so far, by being needlessly rude in DMs and OOCly. And that is excluding the fact that there's an entire Discord she has where I picked up on some things that were said about me and my faction. I don't appreciate the words below. Even when my past RL was PK'd, she thinks it's funny to pour salt in the wound.

1756911879997.png
1756911332877.png
1756911348593.png

Now, safe to say this isn't just me who catches the short end of the stick. It's also some other players that are being subject to verbal abuse in public channels.
1756911639263.png1756911709448.png1756911582498.png1756911613342.png1756925270798.png
 
Last edited:
Hi, I will just simply give my rebuttals because I have had a horrid day.

First Claim: DMing you out of nowehere
-I did not spy on your private IC logs, the conversation was brought up to my attention by another player and I eacted as anyone would if people started suggesting inappropriate behavior involving my character.
Sexual Favours? I was being accussed of ERP, I will be upset. It’s a serious matter to imply that women achieve 'authority' by exploiting others sexually, and such claims are rooted in misogyny rather than fact. Again, why I was upset.

Second Claim: Using GM powers for my own benefit
I do not want to start pointing fingers but numerous people have done this, including yourself, I simply showed one statement that was said. If that is a serious issue and the ET leads deem to give me a warning, I would completely understand.

Third Claim: An Inkling?
I was just waiting for you two to finish talking! I did not want to interrupt! I was most probably tabbed out watching a youtube video to wait for you guys to finish talking, I still have no idea what you talked about until this screenshot now.

Fourth Claim:
This is the kettle calling the pot black. I will not start posting screenshots of what you have been saying or others to relay my point across, but many people are rude and standoffish, including yourself. If whoever is looking into this would like to know, I can gladly send this over screenshots but I do not want to start smearing your image.

Fifth Claim:
It is a private space, I am allowed to vent? What I said in particular is you THREATNING to end V3 and kill all the CivPro players on your Conscript- why would I not say you cannot be trusted when you say things like that?
None of what was said in those chats had any impact on IC decisions or staff action.
If someone has concerns about targeted harassment, the appropriate step is to show concrete proof to server leadership - not rely on hearsay from private Discord screenshots.

Sixth Claim:
I do not mock players, that was a simple gif I thought would be funny that I have seen others use in scenarios such as these. I apologise for that and did not realise it would hurt you this much.

All of these claims boils down to peculation, misinterpretation, or personal dislike rather than actual misconduct. I have never abused my GM powers, spied on logs for personal gain, or targeted players unfairly. I’m more than willing to have my actions reviewed by server leadership transparently! What I will not accept is a cycle of baseless complaint threads designed to smear my name instead of engaging in good faith.
 
including yourself,
Show me, instead of pointing fingers at me.

Sexual Favours? I was being accussed of ERP, I will be upset. It’s a serious matter to imply that women achieve 'authority' by exploiting others sexually,
IC issue, I don't need to be hold OOCly accountable for shit that's being said IC. I don't understand why I needed to be approached about this, given I haven't even said anything about this either.

is you THREATNING to end V3 and kill all the CivPro players on your Conscript
This was in retaliation after you went on a tanget on how you're going to beat up every conscript on your rank leader. We can argue this back and forth, but I will always stand up for my faction. You made guarantees in that thread and I responded in kind.
1756918333872.png
1756918313071.png

Let's not talk about the stuff I heard from Tsunami about how he's going to wipe the conscripts. Only for you later on to go about how "it was just a silly joke!". I look at this with skepticism, because it wouldn't be the first time I've received threats about how conscripts are going to get wiped. The thread was serious in nature, and if this was indeed a joke, it means you were either insensible to the situation at hand, or are trying to save face. Regardless of which one it is, it's not pretty.

1756918452909.png
 
I stand by what I said. You brought the conscripts to main every single incorrect way possible, and because of it the rebels and CPs suffered.

You gave CSF free guns and equipment in a VENDOR while civil protection had to pay for everything of their own.
 
I stand by what I said. You brought the conscripts to main every single incorrect way possible, and because of it the rebels and CPs suffered.

You gave CSF free guns and equipment in a VENDOR while civil protection had to pay for everything of their own.
I've went through the appropriate channels. Gameplay Team, faction management. It's their call, and I shouldn't have to catch any insults. The concern was brought up with Robert, and conscript equipment has pricing on it. Curbalas also gave me a specific set of rules to follow, such as no joint deployments. Explain to me what exactly is incorrect, what feels unjustified. You also have the option to approach me in DMs about this, something which you've not done. You must understand why this feels disheartening to read. Because as far as I know, Robert and Curbalas are the only people that I need to consult in regards to matters of deployment.
 
Alrighty, you want proof.
1756919092147.png
Here is where I apologised.


1756919173148.png
1756919205178.pngHere is the full conversation, rather than picking it apart to suit your narrative.

1756919689505.png
Again, I would rather not start picking every moment that you were rude to others so I will just post this one example. I do not want to start just posting every single message where someone was rude. I am not a highschooler snitching on others.
Let's not talk about the stuff I heard from Tsunami about how he's going to wipe the conscripts. Only for you later on to go about how "it was just a silly joke!". I look at this with skepticism, because it wouldn't be the first time I've received threats about how conscripts are going to get wiped. The thread was serious in nature, and if this was indeed a joke, it means you were either insensible to the situation at hand, or are trying to save face. Regardless of which one it is, it's not pretty.
SO many people have made similar or worse remarks, but you are zeroing on me? I understand where you are coming from but you are just as bad as others who are just throwing random accusations around just to get punished or something.

Just stop. Please.
 
Show me, instead of pointing fingers at me.


IC issue, I don't need to be hold OOCly accountable for shit that's being said IC. I don't understand why I needed to be approached about this, given I haven't even said anything about this either.


This was in retaliation after you went on a tanget on how you're going to beat up every conscript on your rank leader. We can argue this back and forth, but I will always stand up for my faction. You made guarantees in that thread and I responded in kind.
View attachment 46827
View attachment 46825

Let's not talk about the stuff I heard from Tsunami about how he's going to wipe the conscripts. Only for you later on to go about how "it was just a silly joke!". I look at this with skepticism, because it wouldn't be the first time I've received threats about how conscripts are going to get wiped. The thread was serious in nature, and if this was indeed a joke, it means you were either insensible to the situation at hand, or are trying to save face. Regardless of which one it is, it's not pretty.

View attachment 46828
1756918785758.png

Genny commented on disciplining the CSF, and you responded with a threat against the entirety of civpro, which was taken seriously and brought up in discussions due to your behaviour.

This prompted these screenshots, which centred on the above and your prior stunts in the CSF.

1756911332877.png


1756911348593.png


Mind you, this chunk of discussion only arose because of the threats you and others made towards other factions OOC—not all of them from you or the CSF— and you were only a small portion of that discussion and the least consequential.
 
Last edited:
t you are zeroing on me?
I'm zeroing on everybody. Every. Person. You're not the first nor the last person to make empty threats to me, nor are you going to be the last who will tell me

1756920128774.png

Also, yes. I said what I said because you made a claim how you're going to beat up the conscripts full on. And like I said earlier. I will stand up for my faction if such things are said in the context of a serious discussion.
 
Your first point is also just dumb, since while I agree that Genny shouldn't have lashed out at you for someone else's actions, it is an entirely indecent thing to say or imply in-character, whether or not you see it IC or not. Genny is right to be upset about that— and it is something that, in most cases, would probably get you banned, too.

Levelling that against Genny in this conduct report, who is upset at false and possibly rule-breaking ERP accusations being spread in-game, and who does not get along with Marco at all, is tasteless and obscene.
 
Last edited:
Your first point is also just dumb, since while I agree that Genny shouldn't have lashed out at you for someone else's actions, it is a completely indecent thing to say or imply in-character, whether or not you see it IC or not.
Yeah, it is. I'm not debating that. I'm saying I'm not okay with being held accountable for stuff that is said IC that wasn't even from my part. Am I supposed to go into Marco's DMs and simply say how he shouldn't say something ICly because it offends someone OOCly?
 
This Thread is being locked until this complaint thread has been processed
 
Yeah, it is. I'm not debating that. I'm saying I'm not okay with being held accountable for stuff that is said IC that wasn't even from my part. Am I supposed to go into Marco's DMs and simply say how he shouldn't say something ICly because it offends someone OOCly?
That's completely reasonable & it was unfair for you to be targeted. I don't think you should've been spoken to like that, but it also shouldn't be held against Genny's conduct due to the sensitive nature of the situation. Being accused of having sexual favours with another character is wild, disgusting, and Genny was evidently upset, rightfully so, but directed it at the wrong person, whom she has apparently apologized to since.

(i started this b4 cengiz announced he locked the thread!!!)
 
Last edited:
Greetings everyone

It seems that the tensions between people have come to an breaking point. That is completely normal for a roleplay server to bring forth emotions. Yet I would like to ask the people, to take a step back from their computers and ask themselves, if this kind of Drama is really necessary? I believe that most of us people have a real life beyond Willard ( No @Imperator RAD-X you don't, you will continue to lead this mental asylum ). Treat each other with respect, as you would like to be treated. Respect is not a one way street. With that being said, I would like to add that most of you concerns have been adressed by the Server Council @Wraygun . Regardless do not forget that everyone here within this Community is a human being that likes to cool off, if you notice that you are being overwhelmed by your emotions, then you should take a step back and perhaps do something else besides Willard.

Conclusion?

Willard is like a Toxic relationship​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top