Denied Jamklanson's Short Story Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamklanson

Steam Name & ID: Jamklanson (STEAM_0:1:21940168)
Discord Name & ID: Jamklanson#8114

Minimum two paragraph backstory on the concept:

Blackwatch Blitz
(silly name but I couldn't think of anything else)

This won't be long since I'm not a very good writer, but here's the premise...

The defense of City Two has failed. The resistance group called The Londoners have taken what remained of London. While well supplied due to an earlier acquisition of an Arteria Arm supply post, many more munitions and ordnance were left by the dead defenders. After reconsolidating their forces at their Headquarters in the Union Chapel, they set their sights on City Thirty-One. A company of men are left to defend City Two while the rest of the battalion move north, eventually establishing a well-defended base of operations in the Pentland Hills. Well equipped, well manned, and well organized, The Londoners seek to retake what remains of the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Phase one will be an outlands battle between a platoon of the Legion Sunset soldiers mixed with Civil Protection regulars in regular outlands duty and the 3 companies worth of The Londoners as the latter attempts to establish a foothold in the outskirts of City Thirty-One. If Legion Sunset manages to hold back The Londoners, then the short story will finish and The Londoners will be routed back to City Two. A combine assault against City Two in retaliation for another event could happen. If Legion Sunset fails to hold the outlands, then The Londoners will move in around the southern edge of the city, bombarding the wall with artillery to create breaches.

Phase two will have Legion Sunset and their attached Civil Protection units fall back into the city and conduct tight urban warfare against The Londoners as they try to hold off the relenting tide. This is where the Hunter-Chopper "Hammer" comes into play. Should The Londoners fail, they will be routed back to their HQ in the Pentland Hills and conduct a last-ditch defense against the overwhelming might of the Union. This will leave City Two weak, and The Londoners nearly wiped out. If Legion Sunset fails to hold back The Londoners, then the latter will take Edinburgh Castle, gaining access to the wealth of Legion Sunset's armament (though bio-locked, they can be hacked to be operational). At this point, Legion Sunset will be left completely destroyed due to Sacrifice Code being enacted. The citizens of City Thirty-One will join The Londoners in their uprising against The Union, and several well-defended supply routes will run through the mountains and forests back to City Two. The Londoners will also attempt to establish contact with the Isle of Man as an optional staging ground for additional attack routes into Ireland.

The Universal Union will consider the island lost, and will send detachments to further reinforce Ireland for The Londoners' eventual assault. They will also send guerilla OTA units into the heart of London to disrupt supply routes and capture HVTs.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

If your backstory does not cover the following questions, please answer them.

Do you wish to spearhead the project if your concept is accepted? (You will run the event alongside the SS team.): Yes but I also want to play a role so idk how that'll work out.

Is this concept set in the Half-Life universe?: Yes

Will this concept follow Willard’s Timeline?: Yes, if the Rebels win in City Two. Obviously it won't if they don't win.

Will this concept affect the mainserver?: Depends on what happens with Auspicious Chapter One. If the Rebels win, this will be canon. If not, then no.

This is a well thought out war event, and I see no reason why this wouldn't work as a short story. However, there is nothing truly unique here that hasn't already been done before. In essence, this is just another rebel vs combine event and we just had something similar recently.

I thought Exodus would be interesting due to the political side-plot between Moses and the Delegates, as well as the numerous desert themes involved, from the map to the music. This however seems to be set within traditional hl2rp environments, and I get the impression that it would be a bland event because lf this.

Unfortunately I won't be accepting this concept, but I will wait for the other community managers and SS staff to give their opinions.

This is a well thought out war event, and I see no reason why this wouldn't work as a short story. However, there is nothing truly unique here that hasn't already been done before. In essence, this is just another rebel vs combine event and we just had something similar recently.

I thought Exodus would be interesting due to the political side-plot between Moses and the Delegates, as well as the numerous desert themes involved, from the map to the music. This however seems to be set within traditional hl2rp environments, and I get the impression that it would be a bland event because lf this.

Unfortunately I won't be accepting this concept, but I will wait for the other community managers and SS staff to give their opinions.
That's completely fine. I really just wrote it up to be something for people to do. It'd play a lot like Galactic Conquest in Battlefront where you move to a location and try to take it.
It's up for editing though, like I said, I'm not a good writer and I also had in mind some kind of "open world" concept where the combine would be able to ambush the Londoner advance as they come to the outlands of City 31 and disrupt their supply lines. This obviously would need a lot more people and OOC messing with than we currently have, though
I also hope you'll check out some of my ideas in my think tank that I posted in the event suggestions channel on discord.
Again, not a good writer, just throwing some things in there for people to do

I’m not going to reiterate what Takyon said, as he made all the points I would’ve made. It’s a no from me unless @FungletheBungle interjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back