The Hunt Day 1 feedback

Craw

Radio Bob Approved
Creative Team
DESPITE THE CONFLICTING TIMES WITH MAIN AND MYTHOS

WHAT DID YOU LIKE ABOUT DAY 1?

WHAT DIDN'T YOU LIKE?

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE MOMENT?

HOW WAS THE SOUNDTRACKS AND CUSTOM FILTER?

^
Credit to @gb_ Btw​

I liked the time spent getting orientated at the start of the event, mainly when we found Gregory and went exploring to find the bunks. Everyone I was with was fun to RP with. I enjoyed the writing that appeared as we explored. I enjoyed the world-building, the missing person posters, radios dying, fixing the truck, and having these different buildings with supplies. The fog being dense was a great thing for building atmosphere, I think if used with more scary noises it would've been amazing.

WHAT DIDN'T YOU LIKE?
When everyone got together things were a bit derailed. I'll give a list below of everything.
  1. The atmosphere wasn't very scary, even from an RP perspective. The Wendigo didn't really feel like a threat to my character, it was mainly just standing in the distance and then walking away. I think if the Wendigo attacks were deadlier and maybe had a creepier model from the workshop it would've been a bit more scary. I'll admit it is hard when there is a bunch of players grouped together (e.g. everyone thinking we should jump the Wendigo.
  2. I didn't really see any of the IZ, Hiding Spots while playing, they may be around but I didn't really see much.
  3. The Wendigo was quite goofy. From standing in the distance to jumping on the truck- I feel in those moments the truck should've been frozen etc to allow RP.
  4. Despite the above, I think tomorrow might be a good opportunity to give some scary atmosphere. With a more creepy, threatening Wendigo and maybe some other elements it will be fantastic. If we were stalked by it more and less of a stare-off, it would be creepier.

When we finally got the gang together and hid in the cabins
Perfect, it all fits really well. I think it could use more variety as it seemed like the one song played when the Wendigo. It would be nice to have some music in between

Last edited:
Staff was attentive and responded fast.
There was some room to roleplay but not a lot of quiet time for it when the Hunt was still on-going. A lot of somewhat realistic character interactions that resulted in growing tension between the survivors.

The survivors had enough brain cells to realize that they should generally stick together (for the most part), even if the plans were never coordinated all that well. We also all made sure to collect enough supplies to survive.

WHAT DIDN'T YOU LIKE?

We were generally pretty aimless? I found the rangers almost immediately as a hiker but they opted to explore every single thing while not quite understanding where we were going due to OOC lack of experience with the map. We just could not agree on a plan, which was exacerbated by the thick fog. That final radio broadcast made very little sense.

Also was not quite a fan of how the truck only had two seats built in despite all the space, though that was rectified later.

A lot of interesting props were set up but not a lot of them were all that useful or relevant. What was with all the boxes with guns in them?

Seeing the text pop up out of nowhere on the walls and props. Certainly showed off how supernatural the threat was without outright stating it.

Soundtrack was pretty good when it kicked in, though I opted to turn off the camera filter because it was disorienting for my eyes. It's a good idea on paper but it doesn't quite work for me.

Back