The Long Haul's Final Event Feedback Thread

Imperator RAD-X

The Supreme Marshal
Staff Member
Server Council
Here's the feedback I always request so I can actively make our events better in the future. Thank you for playing through the last event in "The Long Haul" to those who played.

Section One
  • What did you enjoy the most about the events?
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events?
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for?
Section Two
  • Was the starting time preferable for you?
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful?
  • Did you like your preferred role?
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay?
Section Three
  • What do you wish to see in the future?
  • What do you not wish to see in the future?
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety?
Section Four
  • What did you enjoy most out of Chapters 1-3 during the American Story-Arc since it first began?
  • What did you enjoy least out of Chapters 1-3 during the American Story-Arc since it first began?
  • Do you believe the ending is satisfying to you after all of the events you have participated in (even if you only participated for one or two events)?
  • Would you participate in other elements of specific event arcs again, based on our interpretation of the Half Life universe?
    • Do you have any suggestions if it is a yes?

Section One

• What did you enjoy the most about the events? : I loved the event. I am sure the previous events were great as well, but I did not participate in them.
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events? : I felt like it was unorganized a lot.
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? : I think it was for a fair amount of time. It was not too bad.
Section Two

• Was the starting time preferable for you? : Yes it was.
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? : Goose was the most helpful of the staff, at least to the players.
  • Did you like your preferred role? : I loved being a Vortigaunt. It was great!
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? : Ilya (ZeroPants) and Jacob (Forgot the username)
Section Three

• What do you wish to see in the future? : More coordination between the staff and players. Also more coordination between just the staff.
  • What do you not wish to see in the future? : Not much other than less coordination.
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? : 7/10, didn't seem well-coordinated, but it was fun anyway.
Section Four

• What did you enjoy most out of Chapters 1-3 during the American Story-Arc since it first began? : Sadly, I was not around then.
  • What did you enjoy least out of Chapters 1-3 during the American Story-Arc since it first began? : Sadly, I was not around then.
  • Do you believe the ending is satisfying to you after all of the events you have participated in (even if you only participated in one or two events)? : Yes, it was satisfying, but I did not understand everything in the story arc.
  • Would you participate in other elements of specific event arcs again, based on our interpretation of the Half-Life universe? : Most certainly!
    • Do you have any suggestions if it is a yes? : More coordination. For lore, I would have to make a separate thread though.

(I am pretty tired right now. I may not be my best with my grammar currently.)

i will say here that i enjoyed playing as OTA back in october when Chapter 4 happened

that was pretty badass

i was the only survivor.

where did my guy end up?

Here's the feedback I always request so I can actively make our events better in the future. Thank you for playing through the last event in "The Long Haul" to those who played.

Section One
Section Two
Section Three
Section Four
  • What did you enjoy most out of Chapters 1-3 during the American Story-Arc since it first began?
  • What did you enjoy least out of Chapters 1-3 during the American Story-Arc since it first began?
  • Do you believe the ending is satisfying to you after all of the events you have participated in (even if you only participated for one or two events)?
  • Would you participate in other elements of specific event arcs again, based on our interpretation of the Half Life universe?
Section One
The characters were all RPed well, and I had fun playing with them
I was sad that I didn't participate in earlier events
I think the event timing was good, though I didn't have time for bathroom breaks

Section Two
yes, because I live in the US it was good because the event started right after I finished my classes for the day
very helpful, they made sure I had what I needed for the event and were great to RP with
yes, I loved playing such a flawed character, I really liked how they developed through just one event, and how they went from being a traumatized coward to managing to kill an OTA at the end of the event
Rad-X did great with his event character

I really liked the conscript characters that were wearing the green combat gear, though sadly I don't know their names, I liked how they confiscated my gear out of fear I might do something insane, but gave it back to me right when things went south

Section Three
An event that takes place at the start of the resonance cascade, starting out with people passive RPing in their normal lives and interacting with each other in a small town, and ending that with the chaos the cascade caused, the event could revolve around escaping to a city center.
Combat-focused events, though this is a personal preference, I still like events with combat, but events mainly consisting of combat arent too fun for me.
10/10, I had a ton of fun and felt like I was important to the group, and everyone's characters were unique and fun to interact with.

Section Four
I wasn't part of the event
I wasn't part of the event

• I had only been in the final event, but the ending was great, I liked being able to chill out with the survivors on a cozy little island, and swim in the lake after all the stuff we went through, a happy ending in HL2 RP is rare.

Yes
None that I can think of

Back