The Melee of Quarrytown - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden

Radio Bob Approved
Staff Member
Server Council
Creative Team
So, with some minor adjustments to the plan, Quarrytown day 1 went smoothly.

While there wasn't much to do due to the smaller map, I think this went better than the initial map I had planned to use, and hope everyone enjoyed it.

Server opens again same time (6PM UTC) tomorrow/Sunday.

Leave feedback for tomorrow down below!

Also big thanks to Freudeka and Craw for helping me with this!​

I joined after the event ended 😭 Based because its in italy tho, not based because it's in fucking Siracusa... Like bro, how you gon make the event in the worst place you could ever think of 💀 Smh, I'm actually so mad. Fuck Sicily and especially fuck Siracusa.

it was fun helping write some of the /events and make stuff for players to do! Sorry about the janky scanners, didnt realise the flash actually flashed you lmao

also my first vort character, hope you guys enjoyed him when he did show up

i couldn’t attend today but will do tomorrow. so far im hearing good news about the event so im quite excited!!!!

it was fun to play as a fisherman and attempt to sell no fish at all
10/10
was a banger to play with vortist though 10/10 again

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to attend the event fully tomorrow, but I'll have to say that Day 1 was pretty good.

One small problem I noticed is that you can't really do much against NPCs without a melee script, which I never managed to find throughout Day 1, basically having no method of actually fighting back against Zombies unless a GM was around to carry my /me's over. (Throwing a box against a zombie on the stairs would never kill them if it weren't for a GM who was around)

Otherwise, as I said, it was a very good experience. A good mix of Passive RP and action. At the end of the day, everybody had something to do and was able to partake in different tasks, like setting up barricades, salvaging headcrab pods, etc.

Oh, and the individual GMing at the start was chef's kiss. (Totally not biased because someone was GMing my depressing alcohol consumption)

Also, Lost Coast rocks. 'Nuff said.

8 Chanties out of 10

Oh, and the individual GMing at the start was chef's kiss. (Totally not biased because someone was GMing my depressing alcohol consumption)
Thank you! I was the one who followed you as you entered the bar, took the jack and sat by the beach. It was a fun moment, showed a lot of personality in your character! Funny how i was interrupted by the vort. Those leeches got extremely drunk

Thank you! I was the one who followed you as you entered the bar, took the jack and sat by the beach. It was a fun moment, showed a lot of personality in your character! Funny how i was interrupted by the vort. Those leeches got extremely drunk
Me on my way to drop a whole alcohol bottle into the sea (My hands are shaking 24/7)
But for real, that was really good GMing, maybe even the best I have ever seen. (I am not joking)
were you the russian in the bar?
Yep.

As one of the mafia members (the only one remaining i think, havent seen the other guy and the boss died early on) ive had lots of fun with the only unfortunate part of me having to leave somewhere in the middle or the end of the event?

I love the passiveRP and the small size. While there wasn't much to do for the most part the small scenarios kept it going and the constant chaos was fun.

MFW no matter what you believe in or who you are Jesus Christ still loves you (Common Constantine VII W)
BC4AED4E-7AB7-475D-A67F-C38360CF7CF3.jpeg

I played Bean, the abnormally tall man with a special mind, I somehow managed to nearly die three times.

Bean fought and killed an antlion with a pipe, he got bit in the process.

Bean climbed the collapsed satellite tower for some reason, he got into a fight with a headcrab on the top of the tower and narrowly survived after kicking the headcrab into the leech-infested water.

Bean climbed up a ladder to escape a poison zombie and ended up finding what looked like an escape route in the form of a basket, he jumped down into the basket only to find that it was just a normal basket that went nowhere. Some people ended up needing to work together to help Bean get back up onto the deck.

I played Bean, the abnormally tall man with a special mind, I somehow managed to nearly die three times.

Bean fought and killed an antlion with a pipe, he got bit in the process.

Bean climbed the collapsed satellite tower for some reason, he got into a fight with a headcrab on the top of the tower and narrowly survived after kicking the headcrab into the leech-infested water.

Bean climbed up a ladder to escape a poison zombie and ended up finding what looked like an escape route in the form of a basket, he jumped down into the basket only to find that it was just a normal basket that went nowhere. Some people ended up needing to work together to help Bean get back up onto the deck.
bro me and three other guys were rooting for you at the construction site, i even cheered once you survived the headcrab

became a fisherman, didnt even manage to sell any fish, but now?
i am now headcrab hunter.
best event I've played so far, 10/10

Really enjoyed Day 1 of the event! Had a great time talking and Passive RPing with the others during the peaceful 'phase'.

Though when the headcrabs and cannisters started dropping, that was when it started to get tense for me - Healing up some of the people who got injured (Bean and that other Caucasian guy with the sprained ankle - If you're seeing this, how was my medrp?) while also trying to organize everything in the chaos was some good stuff. Really pushed my character's mental status high with the stress.

Looking forward for the next Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back