The War of Washington

Kawakun

Radio Bob Approved

1579447381795.png
Post-War Bremerton, Washington ^

Throughout the first few weeks of the events following the infamous Black Mesa Incident, a remainder of the USA had been overrun with the invading alien army from the borderworld, Xen. The entire nation went into disarray and all military power was focused upon exterminating the seemingly neverending forces. Despite great efforts from both the remaining science team trapped within the Black Mesa complex and the US government to prevent the catastrophe from spreading any further it was clear that imminent doom was most likely heading Earth's way, or at least that's what they thought. Regardless, the invasion had left a large scar upon Earth, the threat that ravaged through the globe may not have completely won, but they did their damage, only to allow a greater threat to make their finishing job much easier. One particular American state had met the worst of the worst, a retaliation that would wipe themselves almost completely off the map. This was The War of Washington.

The date was June 2009, the 7 Hour War was in full swing with the world already being prepared to take its final breaths, just three hours in the entirety of America was yet again engulfed in war, along with the rest of the world. Most cities and entire countries fell to their knees and begged mercy towards the invading alien forces, however, some stood their ground. The US State of Washington in particular was armed to the teeth and threw everything they had at their enemies. This was of course to no avail, yet the city's inhabitants didn't know this, being cut off from the rest of the world. Military forces from all over Washington State had forced Bremerton under lockdown, completely fortifying the city midway through the Xen invasion. No one could leave and instead took refuge inside various shelters, as the war meanwhile ravaged on outside.

1579450474086.png
Bremerton, Pre-War ^

Of course, as minutes counted down, the city slowly collapsed, with every street being coated in rubble from debris. Airstrikes commenced around the city and explosions would be seen and heard every minute, most of the fighting took to the skies whilst the airstrikes mainly attempted to take care of the targets down below. Ash clouds form around the city as it is cloaked in man-made fog, making the fight even more difficult for both sides, yet the aliens still seemed to hold up very well in the end. The biggest mistake that was made during the battle was for the Washington Military forces to keep fighting it. Orders had never come in to surrender, only to keep on fighting until the threat would be eliminated, which of course, never truly happened. It was around an hour after the battle had started when the end seemed to draw nearer, but without the odds of Washington State being in their favour...

Half an hour before the official end of the fight the remaining survivors in the military were being surrounded by an immense amount of alien forces, drawn closer to their main outpost of Naval Base Kitsap were the majority of military units were defending and attempting to ward off any more attacking forces. The future appeared much more bleak, and many of the lives fighting against the aliens were being snatched one by one in mere minutes, it was apparent that the aliens were winning, but even at this rate, even after what would seem like many to be the instant confirmation of defeat, those military few survivors on the surface had one more plan of action, one that they didn't even want to consider, but had no choice other than to execute. All ground forces were called to withdraw back into the Naval Base, despite objections saying that they should surrender, it seemed highly unlikely they'd survive the latter. A large handful of military personnel were selected to hold off forces temporarily from penetrating the base fully, another few had came up with their own plan, and went on their own way. No one had a clue what this plan could've been, but about 10 minutes later, all defending military personnel were called down to the emergency evacuation bunker ASAP. More and more people began to realise what was about to happen, until...

1579458698669.png

A 100kt nuclear missile was launched from a submarine outside of the base, into the center of the city. The few who went off to launch it did not survive, but in the process they managed to completely annihilate any alien forces within 1km of the explosion... except not knowing how it was only the tiniest fraction compared to how the Earth was completely overrun with the invaders. Anyone sheltered underground has survived this explosion, and their fate is unknown, but they will not be seeing the surface for another good 5 years at most.

1579460412818.png
Approximated Blast ^

The blast covers 14.2 km² of Bremerton and the fallout had spread East toward and past Seattle for about 21 km². This area has now been completely untouched and forgotten by The Combine, those who survived underground will eventually emerge and go their own ways not knowing what has happened to Earth since.

This was The War of Washington.​

i really, really like this

mostly because i love writing apocalyptic style things myself but this really, really appeals to me

i'll give this a 100% read later tonight but so far, with a narrow glance and a basic read over this has my naisu support @Imperator RAD-X

This is the type of content we're looking for.

Thank you again, Kawakun. I personally support this for the State of Washington. I can get down to creating a sound file some time later, like the other cities I have accomplished this for.

This also expands the story arc for potential survivors still hiding underground even years after the war. There will still be holdouts worldwide - civilian, military or governing bodies. This is just but one of many examples and I don't see this as impossible.

Back