TLH Feedback: Chapter 2 (Parts 1 - 4): "The True Beginning of the Journey"

Imperator RAD-X

The Supreme Marshal
Staff Member
Server Council
Thank you SO MUCH for playing the second chapter of The Long Haul. Here is the feedback request forum thread. Please fill this out. Thank you!

Section One
  • What did you enjoy the most about the events?
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events?
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for?
Section Two
  • Was the starting time preferable for you?
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful?
  • Did you like your preferred role?
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay?
Section Three
  • What do you wish to see in the future?
  • What do you not wish to see in the future?
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety?

Section One
  • What did you enjoy the most about the events? - The amount of roleplay I got in as my character; it seemed like every character had a part to play.
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events? - More of an IC issue; the lack of direction I was given being part of a team, ICly I didn't have much clue on what and why I was doing stuff and was simply tagging along.
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? - I liked the length; I feel it wasn't too short nor long, it's a shame the second one was shorter than planned, but that was purely IC and I understand!
Section Two
  • Was the starting time preferable for you? - Yes, it was perfect time for me.
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? - I have no issue with the event staff, they all seemed friendly and up for helping myself; even asking if I was okay/needed help before I even realized I did, eg. I died, and didn't even know I was low on ammo until a staff member pinged me saying am I low on ammo.
  • Did you like your preferred role? - Playing as a refugee, it was perfectly fine; I enjoyed the RP and looking forward to growing my character.
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? - Honestly? I couldn't really pick a singular person as I haven't gotten to know/experience everyone's RP, but I did enjoy the Military as a whole, and really feel they make the events more immersive.
Section Three
  • What do you wish to see in the future? - More of the same, but overall it's been enjoyable; maybe some extra challenges, or something, but atm I think that is the direction it is going.
  • What do you not wish to see in the future? - Maybe not the lack of communication IC; I was confused ICly and OOCly in parts of the event; so maybe enforcing the party leaders to really get across to each member in what they need to do would be good, it felt somewhat rushed when they tried to get their instructions across; which, might be the case for certain activities.
  • In honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? - Out of ten, I would give it a strong eight. I feel like there is room for improvement, and I feel like this should be heavily expected; however, the events are full of twists and turns, fun activities and almost something happening wherever I go, you guys are doing an awesome job and deserve a pat on the back.

Section One

• What did you enjoy the most about the events? Being able to participate with everyone and working together as a team, incorporating what each character did during passiveRP to help during the main events (which would be a main effort on the roleplayers' part, good show guys!)
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events? Nearer to the end, being directed toward the right path was a bit... iffy, mainly due to the fact that the map wasn't too easy to navigate given the darkness, which both worked and didn't work as the hints that popped up every now and again didn't help that much due to how hard it was to see, but when they did work it was pretty good.
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? As always, it was decently timed, no problem there for me personally.
Section Two

• Was the starting time preferable for you? Indeed.
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? Helpful :blanky:
  • Did you like your preferred role? Of course! I like to use Paul as a way to liven up the environment, especially when it feels a bit bland or empty, simply just by being around most of the time!
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? This time around? Pineapple, who played Corporal Wyatt Dunlap. He took his role seriously, really cool to roleplay with, and just great performance over all, bravo.
Section Three

• What do you wish to see in the future? More passiveRP stuff, alongside some mini-events and other fun things of course.
  • What do you not wish to see in the future? Nothing I don't want to see more of, just keep up everything I've complimented about the RP so far!
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? I'd go for a eight... point five. Which is amazingly great in my books, I put half a point on because of how well we managed to settle right back into the RP as soon as the server restarted because of the Steam server issue. There were some minor problems such as lag and things like that, which are obviously out of the hands of those running the event for the most part, so it's not too bad. Minus a point only for the directional problems nearing the end, I felt maybe it could've been done better? But either way, overall amazing event and I can't wait for the future of TLH! :approve:

Section One
  • What did you enjoy the most about the events? For the first part, the Player-run death squads that patrolled the compound were terrifying - not knowing if there was one right around the corner lead to some terrifying moments, especially at the last dash for the train. Excellent map choice also made the Depot feel really alien, and unlike anything we'd encountered before.
    For the second, I think that the Open World scenario was a great change of pace and the large, fairly dynamic world offered up some really cool moments; splitting the group to avoid chat overcrowding was a refreshing break.
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events? Hints - although they were helpful, I feel that the Open World setting (which was an interesting one, don't get me wrong) was slightly undermined by it. I'd suggest making navigation harder by way of monsters, aliens, problems to overcome, choices etc., and light up significant structures/waymarkers more obviously (this may just be for night maps, idk.)
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? Truthfully, I was slightly underwhelmed at how long the event lasted, even though it was very fun; I understand the original intention was for it to be much longer.
Section Two
  • Was the starting time preferable for you? Fine - no issues.
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? Helpful.
  • Did you like your preferred role? Yes.
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? I can't individually say who was the best, as most of the players I interacted with played to a very high standard - Woods, Edwardson, Beddingfield, Baker etc. all felt fun to interact with.
Section Three
  • What do you wish to see in the future? More events that split the group apart to avoid chat clutter would be much appreciated.
  • What do you not wish to see in the future? Hints that are too obvious and undermine the difficulty and worldbuilding - I feel that the way the maps are introduced, propped, lit etc. should be indicative of areas of interest, danger, and where the main objectives are. Don't completely replace the feeling of being lost, but make it so we can rely on worldbuilding alone to try and complete the objectives.
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? The Depot raid was unique and interesting - felt exciting, new.
    As a first foray into open-world events, I thought it was fairly successful - although my report may seem a bit damning, I did really enjoy the change of pace and would like to see it adapted and improved in the future.

Back