Under Red Skies - Day 7 Feedback Thread

Fallizs

Radio Bob Approved
honestly red guards was the most boring shit, and i dont want and event like this ever. Gm's were good, but practically did nothing for RG and the red guards were literally ignoring a shitton of the refugees like the plague and hanged out with people like wallmann and shit LMAO

ngl when madame li died nikolas ego became megaminds brain humungously

Man this fucking event was a mess, manager dropped out of it and all that too 💀 the fuck was this

Man this fucking event was a mess, manager dropped out of it and all that too 💀 the fuck was this
bro this shit was ridiculous bruh i almost got killed for OOC shit 💀💀
honestly red guard shit was so boring, it was so lackluster im honestly just not playing when the next mega event is happening

If fungle was here, this shit would be god tier

honestly red guard shit was so boring, it was so lackluster im honestly just not playing when the next mega event is happening

How about you to shut the fuck up and don't cope at me OOCly? You done shit ICly, we were pissed off. Don't act like the good boy you believe to be.

honestly red guards was the most boring shit, and i dont want and event like this ever. Gm's were good, but practically did nothing for RG and the red guards were literally ignoring a shitton of the refugees like the plague and hanged out with people like wallmann and shit LMAO

ngl when madame li died nikolas ego became megaminds brain humungously

How about you to shut the fuck up and don't cope at me OOCly? You done shit ICly, we were pissed off. Don't act like the good boy you believe to be.
Sounds like you guys had fun on Willard Networks HL2RPG
Let all your constructive criticism flow through your fingers onto this webpage.

no offense to the short stories staff, they’re human and they have their own reasons as to why most of them didn’t feel motivated to manage the event anymore. but uhh… this event is 2nd worst megaevent hosted in Willard Networks, the 1st being Antlionartica cause it didn’t interest me in any single way.

1. The first biggest mistake SS could’ve made is make the entire server entirely ran by the playerbase itself. It’s a really nice concept especially since every other event hosted by SS is entirely ran by the gamemasters who hold your hand the entire way through and it’s a really nice refresher. However, staff didn’t necessarily nudge people in the right direction and practically LET the players derail the event instead of laying down the law. Gangs were decimated in the first couple of days, people complained about Combine reinforcements, people complaining in general, it was just an absolute mess because of the playerbase.

2. This is my personal opinion, people will always have differing ones and different perspectives so I’ll let you be the judge on this one. Playerbase aside, the Short Stories gamemasters had some issues as well. I know that the managers being switched is for the greater good, but it doesn’t necessarily leave a good first impression on how many managers were just introduced and then proceed to dip after the event. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing as the managers who had left did it due to IRL/personal reasons that isn’t any of our business, though it’s a contributing factor into the event’s poor planning.

3. ESIC, the staff-only BMD faction. I get that in a megaevent primarily focusing on player freedom, meaning you can pretty much be anything without OOC restrictions, that a BMD faction would be restricted to entrusted people who know how to run said faction. BUT, like everything in this event, there’s always a good side and a bad side of things. ESIC had a LOT of good gear, and I mean a lot. The faction is way too mysterious to the point where it doesn’t justify or explain how or why they have this much stuff, it’s even better than what every other faction on the server got besides the Combine. Even with this, ESIC was not an interesting faction at all and didn’t appeal to me other than be super-cool Russians that sell guns.

4. Speaking of factions… they were alright. I believe that even in an event prioritizing player freedom, factions should be monitored no matter what. Ever since Day 1, there has been a lot of OOC beef between factions because of either internal problems or problems between one leader and another. For example, Kamili and another faction lead were coping in general chat because of a leaked private conversation. I don’t remember the full context of the situation, but Kamil went full-blast and had a whole argument with someone else in general chag (who I assume is also a faction lead but don’t take my word for it). Either way, staff were never present to handle these squabbles and mostly let it ride, which could deteriorate its playerbase.

Knowing SS, this is probably just one bad apple in a stack of good ones. Just because one megaevent was terrible doesn’t mean they can’t put out some good events, so hopefully they’ll take the community’s feedback and utilize it for Part 2 to make it a good climax.

One of the main reasons I think the event didn't do well was because of all the leadership changes that happened right before and during the event, If I was suddenly made the short stories director right before a mega-event I would probably end up screwing everything up.

had fun most of the event, got to do some unexpected stuff like decapitate a cop in the middle of the street
Last few day were a bit of the mess, but i cant wait to play part 2

1. The first biggest mistake SS could’ve made is make the entire server entirely ran by the playerbase itself. It’s a really nice concept especially since every other event hosted by SS is entirely ran by the gamemasters who hold your hand the entire way through and it’s a really nice refresher. However, staff didn’t necessarily nudge people in the right direction and practically LET the players derail the event instead of laying down the law. Gangs were decimated in the first couple of days, people complained about Combine reinforcements, people complaining in general, it was just an absolute mess because of the playerbase.

If you're going to let players dictate an event's outcome, you need guard-rails and a firm hand so they can't literally derail the event entirely in a worst-case outcome.

Don't be afraid to step in and stop something, "player driven" or no.

If you want to have a player-driven event, make it a sandbox like Black gold was. The players, not the GMs, set the goals in that event, and it resulted in some of the best RP I have seen in a long time. Seeing the entire server work together to get Antlion extract to save Weaver after another player attempted to assassinate him was incredible, the GMs never anticipated anything like this happening.

imo event in general was handled pretty poorly, there were times where i just wanted to log off the event and stop playing, and the cliffhanger? its not even a cliffhanger, scrombine fail to raid base and thats it, cliffhangers are meant to be the end just before something REALLY good happens to hype up the audience

If you want to have a player-driven event, make it a sandbox like Black gold was. The players, not the GMs, set the goals in that event, and it resulted in some of the best RP I have seen in a long time. Seeing the entire server work together to get Antlion extract to save Weaver after another player attempted to assassinate him was incredible, the GMs never anticipated anything like this happening.

That being said, you unfortunately can't rely on players doing that every time.

A pure sandbox can very easily become boring if people don't bounce off of one another the right way or their goals end up falling apart due to that same player-driven method. Its the same reason why CityRP so often ends up boring, imo.

dis shit was asssssssssssss oh mah gawwwwd bro how i went six days of playing this doodoo lookin event bruh, smhhhhhh could've done somethin better in them three or two hours of playin maaaaaaaaaan

dis shit was asssssssssssss oh mah gawwwwd bro how i went six days of playing this doodoo lookin event bruh, smhhhhhh could've done somethin better in them three or two hours of playin maaaaaaaaaan
am i having a fucking stroke what the fuck are you saying

am i having a fucking stroke what the fuck are you saying
You used to call me on my
You used to, you used to
Yeah

[Chorus]
You used to call me on my cell phone
Late-night when you need my love
Call me on my cell phone

And I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing
I know when that hotline bling

[Verse 1]
Ever since I left the city, you
Got a reputation for yourself now
Everybody knows and I feel left out
Girl, you got me down, you got me stressed out
'Cause ever since I left the city, you
Started wearing less and goin' out more
Glasses of champagne out on the dance floor
Hangin' with some girls I never seen before

[Chorus]
Call me on my cell phone

[Verse 2]
Ever since I left the city, you, you, you
You and me, we just don't get along
You make me feel like I did you wrong
Going places where you don't belong
Ever since I left the city, you
You got exactly what you asked for
Running out of pages in your passport
Hangin' with some girls I've never seen before

https://genius.com/Huddy-all-the-things-i-hate-about-you-lyrics

Call me on my cell phone

[Bridge]
These days, all I do is
Wonder if you're bendin' over backwards for someone else
Wonder if you're rolling up a Backwoods for someone else

Doing things I taught you, gettin' nasty for someone else
You don't need no one else
You don't need nobody else, no

Why you never alone?
Why you always touching road?
Used to always stay at home
Be a good girl, you was in the zone
Yeah, you should just be yourself
Right now, you're someone else

[Chorus]
Call me on my cell phone

[Outro]
Ever since I left the city

Being part of the Red Guard was... a bit sad. A lot of people are script whores and low-quality RolePlay. Two people got almost killed by gas, and they continued like nothing. Some kind of Rambo jambo type. I would guess they were new players, but. I don't think most entirely of the faction is new to Willard. I simply got bored afterwards when I were basically standin' there getting insulted each second. Typical Beijing RP

Back