Denied "Insight." (A hopeful albeit dark interpretation of humanity's future after the Combine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monks

Best answers
Reaction score
darek-zabrocki-mr3-overlook-1-darekzabrocki.jpg

"I look upon the past - and I wonder, how did we get here."

The man overlooking the city took a long drag from his cigarette.

"Too think that one man - a scientist from before the war could free us. It seems incredibly unlikely, unbelievable even."

"The 'Combine' protected us from the dangers beyond the walls. Those same walls still stand today."

“The odds were completely against us; even with Freeman destroying the ‘Citadel’, it took years to rid us of the Union and many more to understand their technology.”

"And yet, we still did it."

The man chuckles to himself and takes a final drag from his cigarette before tossing it.

“I'll admit the unified government did good. After all, they taught me everything I know. Still, I don't think we'll ever get the 'normal' our parents wanted for us.”

"God-, my poor dad. The things he must've done."

He looks towards the ground and shakes his head, before exhaling and continuing to monologue to himself.

"Glad the courts were soft on the old bastard. Can't say the 'Administrators' enjoyed the same mercy."

"Christ-."

"I suppose it was all for the best. Still,it’ll be different with antlions and the-."

The man pauses for a moment.

"Aliens; can we even call them that anymore? Hell if I know.”

“But you know what I do know? This is probably the worst place to posted in the entire sector.”

He looks outs over the city and smiles.

“At Least the view’s nice.”

Spine

Always Angry Romanian Headcop
Staff Member
HL2RP Gamemaster
Best answers
Reaction score
This looks more like a character bio if you remove the whole ordeal where Gordon already destroys the citadel.

soviet

narcissist
Staff Member
HL2RP Gamemaster
Protector
Best answers
Reaction score
This looks more like a character bio if you remove the whole ordeal where Gordon already destroys the citadel.
addendum: there's quite a lot of issues regarding wording, sentence structure and overall vocabulary as well.

soviet

narcissist
Staff Member
HL2RP Gamemaster
Protector
Best answers
Reaction score
I would agree with you, after I learn what that word is.
if you say the word just right, it basically explains itself:

ah duh end uhmm

Spine

Always Angry Romanian Headcop
Staff Member
HL2RP Gamemaster
Best answers
Reaction score
if you say the word just right, it basically explains itself:

ah duh end uhmm
Ah duh end ing myself ffs.

Eitherway. Again. This looks more of a character bio than a lore submission.

Kawakun

Radio Bob Approved
Content Creator
Best answers
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't call this a lore submission, I mean it takes place in the future, after the Combine? Considering we don't actually know the state of Earth after the Combine (considering we don't yet have any confirmation of what happens to the Combine, unless you count Epistle 3 which technically is probably not considered canon in this community UNLESS we don't get a followup to ep 2/Alyx, but that's my guess), personally I would say this is better off in Roleplay Documents, because by accepting this... I don't know what exactly we'd be accepting into our lore other than our own fanmade take on what Earth is like post-Combine.

Robert

British Swan
Staff Member
Community Manager
Galunga Prince
Best answers
Reaction score
Hmm... I wouldn't really call this lore I am afraid. Not really structured in that way and does come across from as a bio if anything else. The other issue with it being is that it also sounds to be beyond the year the server is set in, like way beyond to the point the Combine are gone? Our server is set during the occupation, this is set after it and the mass rebellion with Gordan involved which in our timeline has not happened yet at all. We are in the very early stages of occupation so this 'Lore' does not fit in at all.

Sorry, but going to have to DENY this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.