TLH Feedback: PROLOGUE Ending of Chapter 3 "The Harbinger's Lair"

Imperator RAD-X

A Seraphim
Staff Member
Community Manager
Best answers
Reaction score
Thanks for playing the passive roleplay for Chapter 3's prologue. Here's the feedback I always request so I can actively make my events better in the future.

Section One
  • What did you enjoy the most about the events?
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events?
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for?
Section Two
  • Was the starting time preferable for you?
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful?
  • Did you like your preferred role?
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay?
Section Three
  • What do you wish to see in the future?
  • What do you not wish to see in the future?
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety?

registry: brush him

Best answers
Reaction score
Section One
  • What did you enjoy the most about the events? (I immensely enjoyed the automation of the event- players' actions actually have an effect on future events, and how they occur. In one instance, we had blasted the Zonarch quite a few times with various implements, and as a result, it went down fast when the Antlion Guard fought it.)
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events? (On some occasions, it felt like I didn't know exactly what my options were. Sometimes, there was confusion. This could be solved by just giving hints as to what the player's options are... or making them more clear.)
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? (No, but I sense that some people would. Six hours isn't bad for me, but considering what time this began at, it's a meaningfully /long/ time.)
Section Two
  • Was the starting time preferable for you? (Yes. We started at about 12:00, MT, which would be about 7:00 in Imperator Rad-X's time. Considering it's a weekend, and also Summer, most people will find this time to be preferable. It's about 6:00 MT as we've finished this prologue.)
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? (It sometimes took a few tries to get what I wanted; for example, I had to ask about thrice to receive extra ammo for my USP Match, since I had some ICly that I lost when I restarted the server. Otherwise, the staff were very helpful and engaging to RP with.)
  • Did you like your preferred role? (In the RP, I assumed the position of a sort of medic. This was a role I enjoyed playing. I assume that's what you're asking.)
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? (If you're asking from an IC standpoint, probably Ethan, as a guard and cover-shooter, an engaging character for his role. If you're asking from an OOC standpoint, Rad-X. I don't think it was his job to be the equivalent of a DM, but he excelled at it and went above and beyond regardless.)
Section Three
  • What do you wish to see in the future? (I'm a slut for large, open areas infested with the enemy, where discretion and precaution are the best options to get to a certain safe point. I'm also very intrigued by the whole "clashing outlanders" idea, where Antlions and Headcrabs clashed violently outside- this seems realistic to me, and actually happens in HL. Plus, it's so fun to RP around.)
  • What do you not wish to see in the future? (I'm really down for anything. I just don't want stagnance. As long as the host knows when it's time to spice shit up, I'm having fun.)
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? (As far as my recent HL2RP experience usually is, definitely a solid 9/10.)

Pineapple

Best answers
Reaction score
Section One
  • What did you enjoy the most about the events? Player action becoming one of the centerpieces of the narrative during passive events - especially effective in passive moments, where people can take the story in directions they want.
  • What did you least enjoy most about the events? Being exposed to information my character would have no way of inferring/knowing via /event calls. Sometimes they're nice, subtle nods to how player choice actually affects the story, whereas other times it feels to hamfisted - 'you handled this wrong'-esque messages or explaining what would've happened in its entirety had you gone down a different direction doesn't contribute to the immersion, and can sometimes break it; I've only noticed this a choice few times, but it's one of the largest complaints I currently have seeing as everything else is progressing nicely. Maybe announce these things at the end of the event (think Chapter 1, end of Part 2) or make a post-action report going through GM notes, if you're desperate to reveal these things.
  • Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? As ever, no real issue with timings - especially as it's passive.
Section Two
  • Was the starting time preferable for you? Yes.
  • Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? Very helpful.
  • Did you like your preferred role? Yes.
  • Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? All players played well - Williams + registry's char were pretty cool during the event.
Section Three
  • What do you wish to see in the future? More passive-focused threats/problems/talking points dispersed between action-based S2K threats - think Chapter 1 crossing the minefield bridge, and Chapter 2 stealth as the group moved through the valley.
  • What do you not wish to see in the future? Over-use of /event messages and over-explanation of things going on 'behind the GM screen' (if that makes sense?)
  • In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? Strong - keep it up!