Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented Adding admin functionality to certain objects

MrMindBlow

Generous Galunga Prince
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
687
Hello chat

With the current Willard map/setting and as a new Mentor/Minor GM, I have come across an issue with a recent amount of "Water RP" tickets.

Currently (as seen in the pictures below) the only way of getting filtered water as a staff member is to manually fill a water bottle with water from a cache and then having to use a stove/firepit and a pot to filter it. There is no "fill" button so I have to resort to slave labour :yudodis:

inventory_view.png

I am asking to add the option to be able to fill not only "Water Bottle" but any script that can be filled in such manners/ways if possible (Watering Can for example).
Similar to the "Set Durability" but with "Set Water Level" or "Fluid Level".

Ideally such a feature is not only added to the menu in the image above but could also be added to the "Context Menu" (see below) which could under circumstances be quite simpler to do than for example having to go into someone's inventory to "exchange bottles" or to for example drop the filtered bottles from my own personal inventory and picking up the other user their bottles.
Another thing I noticed is that the options that do exist in said picture above, do not exist in the menu as seen in the image below. Hence I am not sure if anything could be added to it.
context_menu.png



​
 
Last edited:
Would be nice for CT as well so we could set up water bottles and any other fluid holding container with a set amount of liquid in them instead of either having 0% 100% or sitting there drinking from it for an hour to get it there
 
this, or temporarily putting a water-pipe or a sink somewhere in a admin/Perma locked room for simplicity. (since dev suggestions are on hold)

could also "think out the box" and allow people to collect snow and charcoal to purify snow into water, but that's a whole another mechanic.
or, make small iced over areas with water underneath and see if someone puts a pipe or a well down in it, or just breaks the ice.
 
Last edited:
this, or temporarily putting a water-pipe or a sink somewhere in a admin/Perma locked room for simplicity. (since dev suggestions are on hold)

could also "think out the box" and allow people to collect snow and charcoal to purify snow into water, but that's a whole another mechanic.
or, make small iced over areas with water underneath and see if someone puts a pipe or a well down in it, or just breaks the ice.
As much as I appreciate the feedback/idea/suggestion, your temporary solution is how its currently done because the alternative (my suggestion) does not exist.

The game mechanic idea is possibly far more complicated to make and add with a bunch of testing added on top of it and may not be worth the developers time.

Lastly the idea of getting water from the rivers and frozen seas is feasible as far as I understand (Water cache shenanigans) but would ultimately still not serve the purpose of this suggestion, the ability to acquire filtered water easily for GMing purposes.

Having to go from the roleplay scenario area all the way to the admin box and back is a time waste and makes me or any GameMaster unable to instantly react to someone's attempt to interact with something that would require supervision.

Ultimately I am suggesting a small QoL improvement without huge ramifications or code alterations.
 
As much as I appreciate the feedback/idea/suggestion, your temporary solution is how its currently done because the alternative (my suggestion) does not exist.

The game mechanic idea is possibly far more complicated to make and add with a bunch of testing added on top of it and may not be worth the developers time.

Lastly the idea of getting water from the rivers and frozen seas is feasible as far as I understand (Water cache shenanigans) but would ultimately still not serve the purpose of this suggestion, the ability to acquire filtered water easily for GMing purposes.

Having to go from the roleplay scenario area all the way to the admin box and back is a time waste and makes me or any GameMaster unable to instantly react to someone's attempt to interact with something that would require supervision.

Ultimately I am suggesting a small QoL improvement without huge ramifications or code alterations.

I know; I was simply as well suggesting some fixes; though if there is a genuine overload of people asking for water it may be wise to try and put some water caches around.

cheers
Jack Black Yes GIF
 
I'll look into this, and automatic (admin) boiling as well.
 
I couldn't take it anymore (500 hours of manual bottle filling slavery) so since this thread was posted I signed up to the dev team and fixed this myself so we shall consider this...

ACCEPTED
&
(TO BE) IMPLEMENTED
​
 
I couldn't take it anymore (500 hours of manual bottle filling slavery) so since this thread was posted I signed up to the dev team and fixed this myself so we shall consider this...

ACCEPTED
&
IMPLEMENTED
​

me when my post actually helps for once
(it’s not a rambling set of nonsense)
table flip GIF
 
Back
Top