Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

In-Progress Cut down Audiobook bloat

Cjtn10

Radio Bob Approved
GALUNGA
Joined
Nov 13, 2022
Messages
583
More of a QOL fix for both GoI and the playerbase but, in regards to the giant list within the permits and city stock list. I think this could be massively cut down by removing all of the singular audio books and merely stocking the audiobooks in their crated counterpart at a higher price as nine times out of ten people buy all of the audiobooks at once.

1732903834518.png
 
Frankly I'd be on board with just removing them outright.

Nothing worse than people stacking max languages overnight leaving half the population being multi-lingual.
 
Frankly I'd be on board with just removing them outright.

Nothing worse than people stacking max languages overnight leaving half the population being multi-lingual.
I think the best compromise is to scale the amount of languages a character knows to the amount of intelligence points from the attribute system.

1 intelligence = 1 language slot
 
The reason this system exists as it is was it being the solution to "How can we allow people to learn languages overtime" and by having five different books you can learn overtime(24 hour cooldown or something) it avoids someone instantly learning a language within a day.

What could be changed is how the item itself works yet keep the underlying mechanic as is to not have the whole city speak every language within one day!
 
The reason this system exists as it is was it being the solution to "How can we allow people to learn languages overtime" and by having five different books you can learn overtime(24 hour cooldown or something) it avoids someone instantly learning a language within a day.

What could be changed is how the item itself works yet keep the underlying mechanic as is to not have the whole city speak every language within one day!
I mean, with the boxes it won't change anything, as stated above 99% of the time people buy a full set at a time anyway and having the audio book box does nothing but cut bloat

It's still going to take like 4 days or whatever minimum to learn regardless
 
I mean, with the boxes it won't change anything, as stated above 99% of the time people buy a full set at a time anyway and having the audio book box does nothing but cut bloat

It's still going to take like 4 days or whatever minimum to learn regardless
I'd rather not add more boxes thus creating more inventories, etc.

The ultimate solution which I will be looking to implement anyway is one audiobook with five uses, thus reducing the need to take up so much damn space + the need to "crate" them.

Though I understand what you mean.
 
Or... Make it so the Audiobook is only a single item and whenever you buy it off the barter thing you have to specify which language it should be and level and it turns into that. Basically remove all the variants, make one single item, make it able to turn into the variants.
 
Just change the permit to the box counterpart rather than five lines per set
 
Back
Top