Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Denied Changing 'Says in XXX' to 'says'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

Radio Bob Approved
Protector
Joined
Jul 5, 2021
Messages
1,256
I do not think that there should be an option metagaming the language spoken in chat whenever you use /fre /gre /gae etc etc.

You'd know that it'd be a foreign language of course, and the blue text would symbolise this.

Fairly simple suggestion, I don't think I need to write a lot to get my point across.
 
Trust me, I can differentiate between Swahili, Indian and French. Don't need to be a master for that lol
 
In real life it’s.. not that hard to know one language to the other, and it’d be a waste to make flags so a character knows and doesn’t
 
If you metagame knowing exactly which dialect of Hindi a guy is speaking then that's on you. It's easy and way more interesting to say to a german "Haha, you got some funny words there, what is that, russian?"
 
If you metagame knowing exactly which dialect of Hindi a guy is speaking then that's on you. It's easy and way more interesting to say to a german "Haha, you got some funny words there, what is that, russian?"
Of course.

In real life it’s.. not that hard to know one language to the other, and it’d be a waste to make flags so a character knows and doesn’t
I just thought that this QOL change would help with the intrigue of specific scenarios. Of course, you would recognise French or German, but that's common knowledge, it starts becoming hard to differentiate when talking about Romanian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Russian, Cantonese and Mandarin, etcetera, etcetera.
 
Pretty but unnecessary QoL.

I am more in agreement with the counter-arguments here but feel free to suggest this at a later point if this will change the server's experience tenfold or something.

Denied.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top