Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

City 24 V3 Art Competition

Atle

WN Owner
ENG
WN Management
Developer
Joined
Oct 24, 2018
Messages
1,401

nkHSYCG.png


ART COMPETITION
Would you like to see your own poster / graffiti / decal in the upcoming c24 v3 map? Here's your chance!

The winner receives $20 and gets their art shown in the map!

​
Requirements
Requirement: Source has a few limits to keep in mind, any image file can be used as a texture, so long as both of its dimensions (height and width) are a power of two: 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 pixels. For further information check out this page: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Creating_a_Material
Info: This doesn't mean you have to cover the full width / height of your image with visuals, leave any empty space on the sides in black / transparent. For translucent images like posters etc on walls, you can leave the parts of the image meant to be translucent / unseen as either black or fully transparent.
adi_graffiti.jpg

File types
Files types: You can deliver PNG, JPG, TGA, VTF , PSD, AI file types (ideally a photoshop PSD file if you have that software with the layers intact).

Theme
Theme: I'd ask it fits into the theme of Half-Life 2 but otherwise there's no creative limits. You can make a poster / graffiti / wall painting / sign / etc.

How many can be picked?
Amount: I'm looking for 1 winner but if there's multiple quality pieces I wouldn't mind adding in more.

Where to send files?
Where to send files: Post your final image in this topic and send me the file in a PM

Deadline
Deadline: Deadline is 2 weeks from now, ending on the 19th.05.

Rewards
Rewards: The winner gets $20 (requires Paypal) and has their art shown in the upcoming map!


GOOD LUCK!

I0eQGPd.jpg

​
 
Last edited:
The Auld Black Jackals 4.png

Isn't the most detailed thing on the planet but I had to show my boys some love. Also since i used the text tool, eclipse tool and a stock image of a supposed Jackal head (It doesn't look like one to me, but its the best I could find) kinda gives a robotic graffiti feel, oh well.
 
breen 30 mins.png
Suitcaseman3.png
these took me 1 hour and 30 minutes

(additionally, felt like I should post one of my old posters, even though its retired)
PropagandaGNC5.png
 

Attachments

  • Suitcaseman2.png
    Suitcaseman2.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Silver, are you trying to implement furry graffiti in the city?
No, no don't worry just so happens the OTA stationed in Scotland are called the "Auld Black Jackals". I wouldn't go out of my way to add furry crap to this server haha. Just coincidence.
 
No, no don't worry just so happens the OTA stationed in Scotland are called the "Auld Black Jackals". I wouldn't go out of my way to add furry crap to this server haha. Just coincidence.
Scotland ewwwww
 
These are paintings instead of graffiti but could still be nice decorations to some of the apartments, like framed paintings and such.

I made these using an AI and a bit of photoshop to fix some of the AI's errors
FZX9iKiK7inB-_port.png
jG1qw2ANwuSW-_port.png

Untasdasdasitled.png
Do you see the lambda symbol? ^
noface.png
face.png
 
Back
Top