Takyon3
Active member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2020
- Messages
- 152
- Thread Author
- #21
It might seem crappy to someone who can't overcome the challenges such a system will inevitably provide. As for your risk-taking, long-lasting copper, he was probably one of the lucky ones.Me bringing up a character who has been through tons of gunfights is inherently OPPOSITE of "easy survival" so I have no idea how I "proved" your point, nor have I ever disagreed with difficult survival being good for RP so long as it isn't done in a short-sighted and crappy manner.
Lol, come the fuck on dude.Forty hours really isn't long. It's only 20 days, less than 3 weeks of 4 hour game sessions daily.
I never said it wouldn't be challenging, and it will provide the server with the benefits I listed in the OP.The main purpose of the nutrition system is to place a difference between "what you've eaten recently" versus "how much you have eaten over time". In your suggestion, you could eat a ton in one day and be fine, and then the very next day you'll drop dead. This doesn't even require an allegory or metaphor because it's literally what would happen.
Attribute penalties are not consequential enough to have any affect on people's motivations to acquire food, let alone a surplus of food.The tiers in my system are simply meant to show the effects of hungers, which have an impact on practically everything that uses skills/attributes outside of RP, but they are secondary to what is meant to be a much longer process than 8 hours.
It doesn't have to be grindy if you are smart about how you secure your food and water. I can think of many ways I can find a reliable source, where I wouldn't have to grind. This is a matter for role play, for intelligence, and for creativity.And you are trying to remedy that by implementing an extreme that will result in the grindy nature I am talking about.
No one said you had to roleplay starvation. Starvation will inevitably be a big part of the game with my system, so having to roleplay it constantly is stupid and I never even suggested it.That's why I brought up grinding complaints in the first place. Why even bother roleplaying starvation when, in 3 hours, my character progress is about to come to a halt permanently?
If you have to "drop your rp" then you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. And like I said, it doesn't have to be grindy provided you know what you're doing.It's not a risk I would want to take, and it's going to result in people just dropping roleplay to run off to go click on scripts, assuming they didn't already have to go grinding for food scripts already.
It's too long.Nor am I saying we should follow utter realism, or it'd be much longer than 40 or 80 hours. That's why I suggested shortening it for food and increasing it for water, so as to balance it out.
Last edited:
