Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DISTRICT 1 FEEDBACK

How has your District 1 experience been so far?

  • Great

    Votes: 34 43.0%
  • Good

    Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Average

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Bad

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Horrible

    Votes: 2 2.5%

  • Total voters
    79
The overall experience is fun and really enjoyable from a roleplay perspective, even in combat. Only issue I've seen is that way too many fights get pushed to become: S2K, and I believe that's the only constructive criticism of the server i can come up with.

The server presents itself as S2RP, and in several fights I've done or seen, there was a large majority of people who, in 'LOOC', expected an 'S2K'. I hope this stays under control like it has been so far, because if I just wanted to play GTA, I would've open that. The DnD-like combat system is what makes this server fun (for me).
On the other hand, I also agree that S2K fights with firearms are necessary and would become boring if made S2RP.

Additionally, being part of the Black Flag group was enjoyable at start because most of the problems that arose were honestly solvable In Character (I joined after the whole fights/assault and drama and missed most fights due to work). However, seeing that 90% of the group didn't want to play anymore, I simply chose another path.

A small issue i found was also that most GM's were not available for hours during certain times and i fully understand why, i know people of course have their RP or they are handling really important stuff, thats why i would suggest on making a small part of that team only handle certain cases from time to time and to prioritize closing all tickets, im not saying that i dont understand them or that they should just get on to accept tickets non stop but its also "sad" from the Character perspective like mine (that requires a GM mostly to act in the in game world) that cant really act unless a GM is present.

This actually gave me the idea to try applying as a GM and try to help other people and the team in the server as much as possible instead of just finding 'complaints.' I was also a Co-founder of certain roleplay servers for Gmod and Arma III, so I understand very well certain difficulties, especially when it comes to availability and finding time both to play and to manage. I genuinely hope that no one on the staff takes this as an unfounded criticism, but rather as a suggestion to improve in certain areas. That said, I gave a 'Good' rating; I would have given 'Great' if I had seen some of the points I mentioned addressed, but like in real life, it's normal not to find perfection, and I'm happy that the Willard team managed to do the best they could.
Keep it up ❤️
 
I never engaged in combat; the event went awesome for me.

Coincidence?
 
I want to say I only played for 3 days until I stopped, the experience outside gangs felt like shit, it's citizenrp but without any of the elements that make citizenrp bearable. no stores, no real opportunist for work outside thrash diving, and most people at least during my time had rather bad encounters.

So I played for a bit, had only like 2 times that I felt there was anything for me, once then I helped get someone to eat a pink mushroom and then I did a bit of work for the precinct.

so to me, it felt like citizens had not been thought out, and instead mainly acted as props for other people
 
I want to say I only played for 3 days until I stopped, the experience outside gangs felt like shit, it's citizenrp but without any of the elements that make citizenrp bearable. no stores, no real opportunist for work outside thrash diving, and most people at least during my time had rather bad encounters.

So I played for a bit, had only like 2 times that I felt there was anything for me, once then I helped get someone to eat a pink mushroom and then I did a bit of work for the precinct.

so to me, it felt like citizens had not been thought out, and instead mainly acted as props for other people
No stores? There is my pub and solomon's bakery.. But oh boy.. looks like I do have to actually hire people, despite the huge ass risk said employees gonna rob from me FUCK IT
 
No stores? There is my pub and solomon's bakery.. But oh boy.. looks like I do have to actually hire people, despite the huge ass risk said employees gonna rob from me FUCK IT
might have changed since I stopped playing but only place I could find had a sign out front saying closed due to no supplies, which is probably something that Event leads should have considered before doing the event, how stores were gonna get supplies
 
That's the point. Supplies are scarce. This is a rundown territory clinging to life at the fingertip's edge. So far things are starting to change because the District got together. Things are much more lively, because the difficulty and resource scarcity was deliberate.
 
I would like to add, now that district one is done, a minor complaint about the players. It seems like people are generally now only apt to do things if it is started by some already made group or someone that is in a faction or an admin character. I do get not everyone is going to want to make a new government thing but then there were times that I would ask for some help or invite people to things and people would just refuse for no reason, even after being told it would not be that hard and even though all they were actually doing was sitting around, not even talking to people.

People need to have more initiative and be more open to new things, don't rely on staff and/or factions to give you stuff.
 
I would like to add, now that district one is done, a minor complaint about the players. It seems like people are generally now only apt to do things if it is started by some already made group or someone that is in a faction or an admin character. I do get not everyone is going to want to make a new government thing but then there were times that I would ask for some help or invite people to things and people would just refuse for no reason, even after being told it would not be that hard and even though all they were actually doing was sitting around, not even talking to people.

People need to have more initiative and be more open to new things, don't rely on staff and/or factions to give you stuff.
I absolutely agree. The farm was something I constantly sought help for and for people to help maintain it, but nobody would show up. Everyone would complain about food, and then when they were handed an unlimited amount of food to help take a load off of the ministry of agriculture's shoulders, nobody showed up. And this is an example of something being given to people on a silver platter.

Had 3 workers in total, one of them was decently active at the very least.
 
The event was kind of disappointing for me, not because of the way it was made or ran, but because the players that refused to do things. It also does not help that after a few days it mainly turned into two main groups with the salvage company then becoming the main one, as well as it just seeming to feel more like a de facto CWU, CMU, and CPs arrangement rather than normal gangs or groups. It as well was made worse by people land grabbing and locking every door they could find.
 
The event was kind of disappointing for me, not because of the way it was made or ran, but because the players that refused to do things. It also does not help that after a few days it mainly turned into two main groups with the salvage company then becoming the main one, as well as it just seeming to feel more like a de facto CWU, CMU, and CPs arrangement rather than normal gangs or groups. It as well was made worse by people land grabbing and locking every door they could find.
I think a simple way of phrasing it is this:
A lot of people simply let things happen to them, rather than responding to it and adding friction. See: The fabricator being taken away.
 
Back
Top