Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Willard bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

john dee

Active member
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
166
#1 issue on willard.
From what i've seen (some) staff and CM's tend to favour Union characters, and sometimes indirectly act against citizens/rebels.
The Union side seems to be the focus of the server.
What am I basing this off?
Going to start with the most recent one. (I may not be 100% correct)
Tim Mozart, some random loyalist who did something i clearly dont care about
Was meant to be assasinated by Rob Jobbington (Araskes i think)
SOMEHOW the admin overseeing it forced them both into TBC which basically gave tim the upper hand (even though he was shot like 6-7 times, most of which were shots to the head)
He later came to UM and lied about his injuries, and was litereally walking 20 minutes later
Second "Case"
Loyalist/CP only events
Good start.
Do something for the citizens, instead of giving the faction/group you like events. Don't hit me with "Oh well citizens can do workshifts or talk to their friend!!!" They can't if they talked about everything. Considering they can't really develop their character at some point.

CP events.
Expeditions weren't and still aren't out yet, and cops got a multi part event. I don't think I need to say anything.

Muho/Moe/Joe case.
He was a BCI agent trying to fuck over rebels and stuff (and a loyalist i believe). He got PK'ed and litereally got his conts and char back, wasn't punished for constant metagame alongside blatantly fucking lying OOCly.
 
Last edited:
I would try to rephrase this a bit more. There's not much to work on. However, I agree with what I beliee is the core of the issue. Will elaborate later.
 
I'll address some things personally as brought up some of these things in a recent staff meeting and with some staff personally.

- Tim Mozart regarding S2K there was a misunderstanding as there has been mixed information regarding if it can be disabled or enabled but for future S2K can be used. Also, there will be a pain system hopefully soon once the server devs manage to implement it which will cause heavy debuffs if low on health including speed debuffs.

- I've encouraged some recent new staff to run events for other factions and heard back that there are some ideas, so hopefully soon can see more diverse events.

- Expeditions, we are planning to release a more basic version out first and go from there because the system that's been under design is rather complex and is taking longer than anticipated to be released.

- I can't say much about Muho as BCI no longer exists and the clone I think got PKd too some time back but if have any metagaming information then it's the easiest to put forward on the forums as a ban request.

I hope this answers some of your questions.
 
Last edited:
THis should be addressed.
bias is still here
A lot of has changed since this post.

The OTA leadership changed.
The Rebel end is being reworked (Crafting for example)
Rebel events are tried to be run more now at the sewers but still trying out essentially new ideas.

Generally speaking I'm more addressing the different complaints through the faction lead council and The Network Discord.

We had a staff meeting on Saturday, which addressed the different issues that were in a recent document but a lot of it is still under the work as needs development work and some changes have already happened.
 
For reference, we had a BMD event with quests done, as well as GM'd a (no drama) vort escape alongside fellow admins, and we have other things on the backlog we might be trying out soon.

Things are being done, but the unfortunate thing is it cannot be done instantly as WN is a big community that answers to a lot of internal politics (talking to faction leads, talking to admins, then CM's, etc). This is just the nature of communities that become much bigger; I make it sound to be bad but its also a good thing as it keeps abuse from being rampant if people have to actually go through such channels before just doing something.

And quite a lot of what is needed to fix RebelRP right now requires developer work and I dunno about you but I have a 1% knowledge base on Lua, so all I could do at best is edit numbers so all we can hope for is that dev work is being done :troll:
 
As this is two months old, we'll mark this as closed for now; just want to say thank you for this, we have taken points in and always looking to improve. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top