Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What are the Unionist & Humanist Parties?

Silta

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Mar 20, 2021
Messages
147
I'm still really confused as to what both parties are and how they function under the Union. I like the idea of political parties within the officers of City 24 but how do they work under a universal alien empire that rules with an authoritarian government system? Can some explain to me how political parties work that spread new ideologies about how the city should run when we're under combine rule? Why do they approve of political parties, etc.

Also what even are the unionists and Humanist parties supportive of?
 
You're thinking too much into it.

Like most extended lore -- it doesn't make much sense, but damn does it provide that tasty roleplay.
 
I'm still really confused as to what both parties are and how they function under the Union. I like the idea of political parties within the officers of City 24 but how do they work under a universal alien empire that rules with an authoritarian government system? Can some explain to me how political parties work that spread new ideologies about how the city should run when we're under combine rule? Why do they approve of political parties, etc.

Also what even are the unionists and Humanist parties supportive of?

picture this:

Combine too big alien empire => last seen was during the 7 hour war => dont really care what humanity does cus they too powerful and too big to worry about anything else other than the resources earth can give => eventually the Union is left as a human ruled "nation" => Combine (wherever they are) become a "silent god"

at least thats how i see it
 
picture this:

Combine too big alien empire => last seen was during the 7 hour war => dont really care what humanity does cus they too powerful and too big to worry about anything else other than the resources earth can give => eventually the Union is left as a human ruled "nation" => Combine (wherever they are) become a "silent god"

at least thats how i see it
Thanks this helps give me a better perspective
 
I've heard they both support different things, one of the things I heard is, Futurists, speak against Breen politically, not in a way that'll get you domed but still made me dislike the Futurists ideals, ICly as CP, OOCly as OTA, but it is an interesting part of Roleplay going on right now so whatever it transpires into is fine by me.
 
Basically what Lemon said politically wise. Giant Empire isn’t gonna care what happens on the backwater planet Earth.

Politically speaking the Humanists have been anti-biotic and anti-tranhumanist

Unionists are very traditional and just want to have a single C.A and no political system

Futurists are more of an artistic movement that avant-garde and very into authoritarian policies / violence

Also Futurists love Breen wtf!!!
 
I may of misremembered But I do remember one of these parties talking shit about Breen. It may of been Humanists but I could very well be wrong again
Depends which humanists, Legion of Humanists or GNC (The GNC is Pro-Union)
 
picture this:

Combine too big alien empire => last seen was during the 7 hour war => dont really care what humanity does cus they too powerful and too big to worry about anything else other than the resources earth can give => eventually the Union is left as a human ruled "nation" => Combine (wherever they are) become a "silent god"

at least thats how i see it
So literally 'god' just said "Oh yeah I'll help you guys reach to the stars." and just never answers the phone calls from humanity.
 
Back
Top