Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sacred Heart Hospital

Pyureh

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
62
download (7).jpg
Sacred Heart Hospital
"All that matters is all our days"


Hello!
I am Mariko Sato, the founder of the Sacred Heart Hospital in the city!
I have been practicing medicine since I was twenty-three years old and graduated from medical school with a doctorate in psychology.
I have now set myself on a mission to own and run my own hospital, and to recruit who is willing to save lives, experienced or not into the medical field, and train them myself!
If you are ever in need, please do not hesitate to approach our facility or staff!


Mariko was born in Atlanta, Georgia. She received her Doctorate Degree in Psychology from Troy University in 2006. She received her License to practice in 2006 as well!
MSATO.png

Let us start off by introducing our facility! Hopefully, some of these pictures will allow you to get a better understanding of the certain department you are in need of!
Disclosed @ Server Launch

I have many exciting plans, so let me begin with the overall structure and organization chart of how the hospital will run!
This structure is to allow for easy access into the entry-level positions, allowing applicants and new hires to learn what they are required to know in their respected field!

059152b10ed2b6e0e787fa8dfca92a60.png


Transparency is a massive part of our business, therefore, we will release the monthly spending of our business to get an understanding of where the money is going and how it is being spent!​
Month​
Payments​
Percentiles​
Credit​
Balance​
June​
​
​
​
​
July​
​
​
​
​
August​
​
​
​
​
September​
​
​
​
​
October​
​
​
​
​
November​
​
​
​
​
December​
​
​
​
​

After you have shown excellency in your position you will be moved up one position and given better benefits/bonuses.
Some benefits of working at Sacred Heart Hospital are the following:
Paid Bi-Weekly Salary.
Low-Cost Assisted Living Housing.
Consistent Working Hours.
Learn new skills and techniques!
Full-package benefits. (Savings, Insurance)
Unique social activities
Loyalist Bonuses.


Of course, not every doctor is outfitted the same, and some may have some slight variations between the others! You should look for any of the following when needing medical support!
Disclosed @ Server Launch

Are you interested in joining on saving a life? Or maybe have others in mind that you want to protect, but not have to pick up a nightstick to do it?
Please PM :)​
 
Last edited:
I still have nightmares about private industries running under the union.
 
this is actually really cool
Appreciate the kind words! I'm planning on making it much more unique compared to other medrp's. Im gonna be doing my best to be teaching about how to RP as a medical professional and also gonna give good benefits of doing it to the guys under too, because that's what those kinds of guys deserve.

Really hope this kicks off. Good luck.
Thank you so much for the luck! Could use all the help I can get, but I think I got some ways and idea to find that out.

I still have nightmares about private industries running under the union.
The hospital and business is /entirely/ disconnected and unbiased from Union preference. Rebel or Civil Protection, you will never be denied service. Think of the hospital also as a church. A sacred place, somewhere no one wants to act out in order to avoid getting glanced at. Except we have a specific goal, and that's to save lives (and avoid your character getting PK'd).
 
The hospital and business is /entirely/ disconnected and unbiased from Union preference. Rebel or Civil Protection, you will never be denied service. Think of the hospital also as a church. A sacred place, somewhere no one wants to act out in order to avoid getting glanced at. Except we have a specific goal, and that's to save lives (and avoid your character getting PK'd).
Does this hospital run under the City's jurisdiction?
 
Does this hospital run under the City's jurisdiction?
It'd have too, unless they are prepared to hide away or get their door kicked down by Civil Protection. Under the current business system, they'd have to acquire a license in order to legally run and exist on the surface. Thankfully, for freedom of RP, as long as said business isn't openly anti-Union or breaking laws, they can have whatever theme they want as long as they have a license. I'm interested to see how this hospital goes.
 
Does this hospital run under the City's jurisdiction?
I don't have the map. But regardless, I plan to quality-control and keep it in check to make sure it's legal like Equinox said, but also able to accommodate everyone as much as possible.
 
If we will have universal free healthcare in place, there will be no need for a private hospital. Thats what I'm trying to say here. Why bother with autonomous businesses when you can make interconnected state owned industries. Like the Union Medical
 
If we will have universal free healthcare in place, there will be no need for a private hospital. Thats what I'm trying to say here. Why bother with autonomous businesses when you can make interconnected state owned industries. Like the Union Medical
Businesses created and ran by a player offer far more interesting and engaging RP than "Union Building ran by CWU" which has been done to death. It's not that we "failed" to create free Union services, it's just that we wanted individual, player ran businesses instead of a server union-official business which almost always turn into snooze cruises.

I'd be willing to discuss this further but not in this thread.
 
If we will have universal free healthcare in place, there will be no need for a private hospital.
I've never heard anything about this? Elaborate please?

What my goal is, the patient is still getting the treatment they need and deserve.

Why bother with autonomous businesses when you can make interconnected state-owned industries. Like the Union Medical
Very good point, however, the union medical was never considered a part of the union in this server because the person who designed and threw out that aspect decided to be quirky. It also allows me to design my own system of the hospital, and the reason the organization chart is the way it is. It was much larger, but after having some people review, I shrunk it to be more accommodating and simpler to read. That change happened within minutes and is now only unique to my business.

I'd be willing to discuss this further but not in this thread.
Loop me in and please include me in that conversation.
 
I would like to point out yet again there is currently no such thing as the Civil Workers Union nor the Civil Medical Union seen many times before in plenty of other servers. They have been done time and time again and are never really that "great" and sort of restrict players to the Union or get nothing.

The business system allows players to run their own joints out of their own pockets or from loans from the Civil Administration, offering players to effectively have their own shop setups without a Union telling them how to run things or do their jobs, they can instead choose that for themselves with their own complete autonomy. Businesses are however investigated by the Director of Production and even the Director of Internal Affairs to ensure compliance with Union regulations (no selling of illegal items, no anti-union content, etc), looking into the employees working in said businesses in case there may be any anti-citizens/untrusted citizens among the workers of a business and so forth. Apart from that, the business itself can do whatever they please until the time they mess up and have to shut down or mess up in a bad way have the Union come knocking at their door. Both directors will also be on the lookout for illegal/unofficial businesses, those which do not have authorization to setup from the Civil Administration in the first place.

Now when it comes to hospitals, I know there can be a few concerns as well as it stands at the moment, there is no central position managing health departments as a whole in the City so maybe a Director of Health is a good shout. As without it, you could easily have maybe 2 different hospitals which are using odd medical practices to heal their patients and may result in harming the populace and causing major issues down the line, so maybe a Director of Health would solve that and ensure a minimum standard of Health practice is met for hospitals to continue functioning and if not, the DoH may see fit to shut down such a place, not a position for Director of Production to get involved in either as well generally the character playing as it may not even have any knowledge towards medicine at all and therefore won't be able to judge the hospital at all.

Also, based on how the business system works, I don't think anyone is really going to get "Free" healthcare as a business like a hospital will need to sustain itself with funding available and to purchase their medical equipment and supplies. I mean a hospital can decide to do that if they want, but I suspect they won't last long.

But anyway, to sum it up this hospital will be kept in check by the Civil Administration with maybe the addition of the Director of Health to ensure it stays legal. Any actual official business bodies do not really exist anymore so CWU and CMU is thrown out of the window in favor of individually owned businesses that people can either be apart of or start their own or not at all which generally gives them more freedom to create the business they want rather than some Union popping in saying "Oh you have to run this specific store and do this specific thing each day and also make sure to do this, this and this" and instead have a system where a business decides everything about itself that it wants and sometimes has an inspection from the Civil Administration to make sure it is all Legal, following Union/Health regulations and maybe doing a check here and there on employees which is far less restriction then the CWU/CMU.

Besides all of that though, we can have a discussion around this if need be in discord if anyone wants or has any questions or concerns. Or if it is something minor then just pop your message here instead.
 
Who knew a minor thread unveiling a portion of my hospital would ultimately lead to @Robert statement.

There is no central position managing health departments as a whole in the City so maybe a Director of Health is a good shout.
Wouldn't Director of Internal Affairs be the one to make sure its legal, Director of Production to get the stock from, and Bearue of Enlightenment to potentially advertise it? Maybe we don't need a new CA Member for this, not at the moment, or at the very least let's make sure it runs properly first before writing policy? And if so, we have two members in reserve who can get the position.. I think this is something we should talk about @Robert

you could easily have maybe 2 different hospitals which are using odd medical practices to heal their patients and may result in harming the populace and causing major issues down the line, so maybe a Director of Health would solve that and ensure a minimum standard of Health practice is met for hospitals to continue functioning
I mean, it depends on how tight a hospital owner wants to have a monopoly...
Also, from what I have seen in the biographies section, I think I am the only medical doctor?! So anyways there is that.
Finally, if it is in regards to making sure that a business is functioning as it should be, shouldn't that be Director of Internal Affairs? Couldn't he set the regulations that I have to make my business run by, or perhaps speak with another individual to know what sort of standards I should be setting?

not a position for Director of Production to get involved in either as well generally
Well, he is responsible for importing supplies, and wouldn't one of those be medicines? Masks? Scalpels? Ectera, so I would technically be working with him on a business-level.

Also, based on how the business system works, I don't think anyone is really going to get "Free" healthcare as a business like a hospital will need to sustain itself with funding available and to purchase their medical equipment and supplies. I mean a hospital can decide to do that if they want, but I suspect they won't last long.
I would have to speak to CA about this. True, part of charging is up to me, but that depends on the Administrator on their stance of health-care.

Speaking of business-level, I plan to work with the CA as a whole to get a business license, a loan, and get unlimited access to that hospital to set it up. On the following terms:
  • I am in no way restricted to who I serve. That is kept to me and my staffs discretion.
  • The Director of IA will keep me in check to make sure I am making the best and healthiest recommendations for the civilians.
  • DoP will be my supplier for all medical-related supplies and items.
  • I become an official business and am licensed.
  • I will provide receipts or proof that I am using the supplied money from the loan that it is going into the business (wages, supplies, rent/utility, etc)
  • Hospital, while still owned by the city, I control the daily who goes in/out and where.
  • I have to pay back the loan with interest, in a specific term set by CA.
Of course, I still have to speak to CA and Administrator to even get the terms pushed through, but that is what I plan to bargain for.
 
Finna gonna make private police that only responds to people that subscribed to a monthly pack of 'protection'
 
offering players to effectively have their own shop setups without a Union telling them how to run things or do their jobs, they can instead choose that for themselves with their own complete autonomy.
This is not much different when having a Union-centralized business system if properly configurated. This:
Apart from that, the business itself can do whatever they please until the time they mess up and have to shut down or mess up in a bad way have the Union come knocking at their door.
also doesn't seem very "autonomous" to me. At least not more autonomous than CMU.
Additionally, anonymous cops are able to influence these businesses and still direct them the way they want (through force). So if there is nothing in place to counter this by the CA or CPs, it might become a problem.

these were my 2 cents to the business system :blanky:
 
doesn't seem very "autonomous" to me. At least not more autonomous than CMU.
Additionally, anonymous cops are able to influence these businesses and still direct them the way they want (through force). So if there is nothing in place to counter this by the CA or CPs, it might become a problem.

these were my 2 cents to the business system :blanky:
So what your concerned about is corruption? Hm that's a solid point and concern. I guess that's why we have Administrator of Internal Affairs, though, I'm not sure if he also dips into CPs. But yes, civilians should definitely remember and think twice about potential CPs..
 
Well, CPs can do whatever with businesses, that is not my place to say what CPs can and can't do with businesses. CA has no power or control over that, they can, however, point out misbehaving units or those units which are causing trouble which the Internal Affairs branch will be the ones on the lookout for and relaying that information up the CP command chain. As for whether CP leads will care or not is up to them

Mostly both the Director of Production and Internal Affairs look into businesses as production isn't just doing supply, in fact, Production has the biggest job in Civil Administration which is keeping an eye on the economy, managing city supply, keeping track of businesses, city work output and ensuring work cycles happen often, etc. Then Internal Affairs keeps an eye on the Bureau of Enlightenment, checking whether businesses are legal and such alongside the Director of Production sometimes, looks into the rest of the Civil Administration and reports any suspicious activity to the City Administrator and Vice Administrator and generally keeps tabs on basically everything overall, trying to keep corruption and anti-union activities to a minimum.

This is not much different when having a Union-centralized business system if properly configurated. This:
Well I guess yes and no. While it could work the exact same way under a properly configured Union system and be just as fine, for some people it may not. Some people like the idea of having a business which is in no way, shape or form connected to any form of Union systems, some people just want to make a business of their own which they are in 100% control of with no body, board or system above their role as a founder of their business. Even if the system was to setup to just be a Union system all businesses operate under while actually doing nothing (which sorta makes it pointless anyway) still can give off that feeling to some that they can be easily screwed over at any time if some big business Union boi comes walking in out of the blue to say whatever random crap they can think of. I guess this current setup is to remove any feeling of any higher power ever controlling your business in the first place and being completely independent... except when you need to fetch a loan from the Civil Administration.

All business will function on their own under no form of system with the Director of Production there to help them with loans and supplies while Internal Affairs keeps an eye on them from time to time just to see if any anti-union activity is going on while also helping businesses that may get abused or attacked by CPs for little to no reason as generally Civil Administration isn't going to be happy if CPs start knocking at random businesses door without reason just to fuck them over and such. If the Internal affairs start screwing over businesses themself then they will be dealt with by the Vice Administrator or City Administrator, if the Director of Production is attempting to do the same thing, again Internal affairs, VA or CA can deal with them and replace them. If the entire Administration suddenly goes corrupt for whatever reason, in comes the big Sector Administrator to put it back in its place.
 
Some people like the idea of having a business which is in no way, shape or form connected to any form of Union systems, some people just want to make a business of their own which they are in 100% control of with no body, board or system above their role as a founder of their business.
It contradicts the whole idea of unity under the combine though. Everyone is bound to the combine, either through resources or rules. The businesses can not reach full autonomy all of the sudden just because "I want to.", especially if they can still be shutdown by the overruling overwatch or civil administration.
 
Back
Top