Hey everyone!

So, I've been wanting to make a loyalist character for a while now. Possibily even somone who goes into politics. But! I am at a crossroads. Because despite my....3-4 years of hl2rp, I have NEVER made a loyalist. Guess I'm just
rebel scum through and through. I was hoping people could give me a few pointers on how to make my loyalist realistic. And find the balance between rebel scum and super duper mega fan #1 of The Union. Because in my time I have seen supporters that I think just take it...too far. Like that old man you find in Megaton in Fallout 3 spouting about The Enclave. And while I love those characters, I want a little more balance with mine.
Keep in mind that loyalism doesn't make you evil unless you do it specifically to make people suffer, which *most* people don't do.
Never build a character off of any sort of alignment chart, like lawful good or chaotic evil, it only limits you, people are much more complicated.
A morally grey character is always the most fun to play, some people will see you as an antagonist, while others will agree with you, it makes an interesting story for everyone involved.
Here are some ideas:
1, Coward - A character that supports the combine out of a sense of fear, perhaps they had a traumatizing encounter with a rebel group that made them flee to the combine for safety, or they could support the combine just so they dont get hurt.
2, Materialist - A character that supports the combine to gain better things for themselves or for their family, someone that climbs the collaboration ladder so they can have better clothes, food and apartments.
3, Sympathizer - A character that views the combine as the best hope for humanity, (after all, humanity was close to being overrun by xenian wildlife after the cascade, just take a look at the lore map). You dont need to agree with the combines ideals, but you view them as the only way humanity will survive in this new world.
4, Infiltrator - Not really a loyalist, but these characters are secret rebels that use loyalism as a way to infiltrate UU groups, a ton of rebels tend to do this, from what I've seen, just be careful, if you mess up once you can lose everything.
5, Celebrity - Perhaps you just want to have a higher tier so you stand out above the rest of the citizens, that's cool too.
These aren't the only things you can do with loyalism, just the first thing that came to mind