Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thood74 Discord Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thood74

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Messages
95
Discord Name & ID: Thood74#3922


Name of the Admin you were banned by:
Maroon
How long is the ban for?:
Permanent
The reason you were banned?:
"(Rule) 0 doesnt play, only complains :("
Why do you wish to be unbanned?:

Besides this being the only regularly active big place to discuss HL2RP anymore, it's also because I feel a permanent measure is, quite frankly, unnecessary.

My negativity towards WN as it is, is only directed towards its main server. I hold no ill will against it's community, nor the secondary servers in spanish/russian, as I see the changes on WN7 as preferable to the main server in a gameplay and lore perspective, and I know very little about Nuevo Orden beyond it's existence.

I'd like to stay in WN as a community, for the time it does choose to change in such a way I can enjoy it like everyone else, with everyone else.

(formats improvised from HL2RP format, not aware of any preexisting format.)
 
The WN discord is one mainly used for the main server, which you do not play on. You only seem to spread misinformed negativity and that's something we don't need to, nor want to platform. In my opinion, if you have no problems with our sister communities, you should join their respective discord. I don't particularly see a need to lift the ban because there's no real reason why you should be in it, but if a community manager wants to look at this, I suggest maybe undoing the ban and giving Thood the 'non-player' tag that was recently created so his channels are severely limited.
 
In my opinion, if you have no problems with our sister communities, you should join their respective discord.
I'd say this line in particular is a narrow take, and represents a line of no separation between the server and the community surrounding it. Which I don't agree with, but whatever. The server does, however, give something for the community to bond over.

As for the idea of simply joining a community I do not speak the language of, you can see how that is realistically not possible. That'll simply have me as an outlier in channels I'd need to be using a form of translator tool to engage in, which is even more slow than text chat already is, and will make communication an awkward prospect. Same for ever playing on either of the two servers.

I don't particularly see a need to lift the ban because there's no real reason why you should be in it, but if a community manager wants to look at this, I suggest maybe undoing the ban and giving Thood the 'non-player' tag that was recently created so his channels are severely limited.
I'm not exactly in a position to criticise the idea of this tag in any way, but if this tag already exists, why didn't you apply it to me in the first place? I'm not a fan of titling people things, or being titled, but it'd be preferable to me being told I'm being banned because I'm nihlistic that the main server, by far the largest server and the one with the most promise, is not currently improving in my eyes. The main reason I'm on those channels is to watch the server change, so if you'd like to just give me a mute on that entire category while I can still watch it I'd gladly accept that sort of measure.

Who knows, maybe it'd be removed with time.
 
Hello, Thood. After some discussion with the staff-team I have decided to deny this ban appeal. According to quite a lot of testimonies and reading back your history within the discord it is quite evident that you are not here to watch the community develop, rather you are here to shit-talk the community you claim you want to be apart of.

With that said, you can make a new appeal within two-weeks to attempt to reaffirm yourself with the community again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top