Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What makes HL2RP worth playing for you?

Icaria

New member
Joined
Mar 13, 2022
Messages
5
For many of us here, HL2RP has been something we've done for a while now, this game mode has existed for (over) 13 years. Kids that were born at the very start of HL2RP's existence are attending their first year of high school. Teens who booted up the very first Clockwork servers are now full-grown adults going through the motions of life. It has been a while, and yet, we all find ourselves here still, for better or for worse. I want to ask you a question, and I want you to answer as truthfully and honestly as you can to yourself.

What makes HL2RP worth playing for you? What draws you into being a part of HL2RP over other games, systems, and worlds?​

For me? I love HL2RP because there honestly isn't anything else like it out there. I'm an avid tabletop RPG DM and player, SS13 player, worldbuilder, commissioned writer, and roleplayer through and through. I've tried most forms of roleplay, character creation, and worldbuilding out there, but HL2RP, despite all its flaws, limitations, and history, is utterly unique. I don't think there's any other system out there that quite captures the magic of it, it's the equivalent of going to an open chat-room bleeding with atmosphere, where you don the outfit of your character and can just openly interact with everyone there. The genuine passion from people in the community amazes me, and I love the open dialogues about people's creations, ideas, and stories. It's a way to genuinely connect with people and find others to create with, in a world where post-irony has become the norm and sincerity the subversive, where people are afraid to show themselves, their creations, and what they believe without a veil of irony or self-deprecation separating themselves from it.

...oh, and a heavy helping of straight-up nostalgia. Can't forget about that little part!
 
getting beat up, tortured, degraded and potentially faded to black for littering a cigarette bud on the floor is why i play
 
getting beat up, tortured, degraded and potentially faded to black for littering a cigarette bud on the floor is why i play
hl2rp is a game for sadists who want to beat up other people and be rewarded for it and masochists who disguise getting beat up as storytelling
 
The scripts- I mean roleplay. Honestly though, I like the lore we currently have going. And some of the roleplay, even for normal citizens, is pretty fun and funny at times. Makes good memories.
 
I like Half-Life. I like the idea of playing my own characters and making my own decisions that change and affect an overall narrative.
 
NOTHING! KHUK KHUK KHUK KHUK KHUK KHUK KHUK KHUK KHUK KHUK

unknown.png
 
Its a addiction, ive spent alot of time getting pretty good things here, like a cwu whitelist and shit. I AINT LOSIN ALL THAT HELL NAH
 
Back
Top