Dr. Ternith Plague
"Expedition: ZERO"
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2022
- Messages
- 276
- Thread Author
- #1
You see a sheet of paper on the public bulletin, pinned by one of those paper pins...
THE VOICE OF TWENTY-FOUR
First Edition
I first arrived as a common citizen. I never lived in City 24 for long, but for the time I have already, I've seen some things. I've heard. I've listened. And finally, I think it's time to bring these issues to the public eye.
Who am I? Well, simply put, I'm another concerned citizen like you. I only wish to see my voice heard. The best way, is to anonymously publish these papers until the time is right to reveal myself. If the Civil Administration or the Provisional Assembly wish to see me reveal my face and name, I will gladly do so. But something must be done about the current issues within our great city.
First, is housing:
As many of you citizens not located in the Loyalist Party know, housing is scarce. You either need to know someone with a house somewhere, or you live in the Indigent. I'm one of those who live in the Indigent. It's not that we cannot afford housing. It's that there isn't any housing available. The issues of lacking housing do not just extend to those in the Underclass or those recently arriving. They effect everyone. No housing means that people will be slower to appear to workshifts, giving away precious time to work. The same for audiences of the Provisional Assembly. Look at City-8: Housing available for everyone, no matter your class. I recommend not to take their style, but only to give more housing opportunities. Up the occupancy maximum per unit, or, hell to it, use workshifts to construct more housing. Decrease the size of the Indigent and use that extra space to build more housing as well. Even use Indigent-1 as a solution to our housing crisis - a safe and warm bed, provided by the city and ran by someone in the Department of Business.
Next, is food:
Food is not provided in an adequate manner. I do not disagree that the rations are still filling enough to keep you relatively nourished. However, they are simply unobtainable to those suffering in the Indigent. As to why? Read back on the first concern. The travel time is simply too high, and they can only get food and credits through Rations or by working. Which is, as I have said, impossible due to the extended travel time. Simply put, give us an easier located Rations Distribution Center or a way to locate to the Center easily. Or allow more work to be done in the Indigent in exchange for food. Maybe even fixing it up for the betterment of housing and everyone.
Finally, is representation:
Simply put: It is our belief that all of the representation in the Provisional Assembly is hardline. Instead of having only those from hardline parties, we should have those who experience the troubles of being a living citizen in the Indigent or a worker simply living day to day. We should have those represent us, the citizen, to those, the loyalists and hardliners. It may seem I am calling for a deposition of the Provisional Assembly. I am not. I am simply asking for the proper representation of the peoples' interest which line up with the Unions' all the same.
Let this not be a warning, but a request: We the people would like better housing, convenient food, and equal representation. Whether that be through policies enacted by the Administrator, or the policies enacted by the Provisional Assembly.
Citizens of City-24, let me be your voice. Give me your concerns, simply by just talking about them. Word will spread like wildfire.
Your voice,
The Voice of City Twenty-Four
