Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official_KP's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official_KP

Carrie "Cole" Phelps
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
131

Steam Name: Official_KP

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:48660185

Name of the Admin you were banned by: Furret "No Furry" Asimo

How long is the ban for?: 21 days.

The reason you were banned?:
Screenshot 2022-04-14 045214.png


Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
For the first reason "Metabait, leaking the name of your killer in a public discord channel", I did not mention my serial killer because I don't have one. There was no serial killer it was a small event I did a couple of times to spice up RP. I even mentioned I wasn't the serial killer in the copypasta, which I made two months ago and it has been posted multiple times by me and other people with no warning for meta. Multiple admins have even seen it without warning me or anyone else for posting said copypasta.
For the second reason "making a similar character to your old one". My new character is only similar in height to Carrie "Cole" Phelps. Cole was a scientific genius, my new character Ren Yi knows nothing about science and can barely speak English. The only thing she knows is Kung-Fu and how to cook. I made her so I could just chill in the shelter. After playing a seriously stressful character (Cole) I just wanted to chill.
And for the last reason "joining the same group in a similar position" I'm not in a similar position I'm just the cook. The only leading I'll do is OOCly giving Vinyl#0684 tips on how to run a group. I wasn't intending on leading nor was I going to lead the shelter. I just wanted to be a cook. I do have the group mod role but that is just so I could handle roles because of the bug where roles are switched around. Vinyl#0684 someone new to the server has never made a group and being a mod in the group would let me help him.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
The copypasta deemed metabait.
1649924372643.png
Swagile former admin/mod commenting on the copypasta the day of it being posted.
1649926497186.png

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)
Vinyl#0684 (Lukas Stevenson) and jeffrey#6181 (Anastasia Ivanovich).
 

Attachments

  • 1649924210280.png
    1649924210280.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi.

Here is the evidence that led to your ban:
1649927073493.png
1649927080807.png
1649927098377.png
1649927641892.png
1649927657103.png
1649927663115.png


First screenshot is pretty much your character being similar to your old character which is a break in rule 5. Second screenshot is showing the metabait that you've done. The third one I've linked in to explain that if the will wasn't written in roleplay beforehand, it'd be rendered null and void (unless permitted by an administration staff) and that point 2 would lead to transfer of items between characters (if you ever made the character).

The final few points is linked between you joining back up to your group, which is allowed, but the problem comes with taking a leadership role OOCly claiming it as a bug when switching from one character to another in a group but it isn't favorable to see you retake leadership even in a OOC way (managing roles). I shall let @Asimo1234 go deeper into explaination but I gave a broad explaination. If the dev team can confirm the existence of the bug, then it'll support your appeal more.
 
Hi.

Here is the evidence that led to your ban:
View attachment 10625
View attachment 10626
View attachment 10627
View attachment 10628
View attachment 10629
View attachment 10630


First screenshot is pretty much your character being similar to your old character which is a break in rule 5. Second screenshot is showing the metabait that you've done. The third one I've linked in to explain that if the will wasn't written in roleplay beforehand, it'd be rendered null and void (unless permitted by an administration staff) and that point 2 would lead to transfer of items between characters (if you ever made the character).

The final few points is linked between you joining back up to your group, which is allowed, but the problem comes with taking a leadership role OOCly claiming it as a bug when switching from one character to another in a group but it isn't favorable to see you retake leadership even in a OOC way (managing roles). I shall let @Asimo1234 go deeper into explaination but I gave a broad explaination. If the dev team can confirm the existence of the bug, then it'll support your appeal more.
My character also isn't a lesbian and neither was Cole.
The only similarity pointed out is that she is a woman (only two genders to pick from) and she is a member of the shelter.
I didn't join the shelter because it was my old group, I joined because I knew it would be a chill place to be at seeing as I don't really want to be a major character like Cole was.
It's too stressful for me right now and I needed a mental break.
I meant I became a mod role to be able to switch out any roles that get switched around due to a bug.
I have no power in the group.
If a mod didn't want me to be a moderator they could have informed me before banning.
Also, I publicly said it was Hans because it was already stated multiple times OOCly by others and at that point was pretty much publicly known.
And Sarah Phelps is not a character on the server (giving basically just meant the outfit and concrete chunk being deleted).
This will was made after Kaffee told me to make one and I did ICly before I died.
The will was just a way to have my items distributed in a good way, otherwise, they would have just been lost or given to some random person.
 
Last edited:
I meant I became a mod role to be able to switch out any roles that get switched around to a bug
I have never heard of a bug like this before. Is there any recorded evidence of this having happened in the past? No word of mouth stuff.
 
I have never heard of a bug like this before. Is there any recorded evidence of this having happened in the past? No word of mouth stuff.
I have no footage of it but basically, the bug is this.
When adding new roles or switching roles, sometimes members get their roles randomly switched to a different one.
There isn't really anything else I can do as a moderator it's not like I can actually add new people or remove them.
It was only so I could help out the new leader OOCly who is new to owning a group.
 
Hi Official,

I reviewed the evidence of this case and came to the following conclusion.

The proposed rulebreaks came in 3 parts:

1) Metabaiting in Discord.
2) Breach of rule 5 by making a character extremely similar to your last one.
3) Rejoining your old group on this new character and regaining a leadership role almost immediately.

The metabaiting is kind of clear cut. This is also the primary reason you'll be receiving a warning.

The second point is invalid, in my eyes. I've reviewed the logs and can clearly distinction your new and old character (Yi vs Phelps)
The third point is a grey area. Getting the moderator role in the group mechanic hints that your character might have received a leadership role, but after reviewing the logs I see no evidence that Yi made any attempt to regain a position of leadership.

Ergo, only the first point will be punished. You will receive a warning, and should you commit any future metagaming, it will be punished with extreme severity.

I've cleared your ban and added the warning.

Accepted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top