Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Filter recipe substitutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3ntal

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
642
Perhaps instead of charcoal we could use purifier? As an alternative, I mean, because the description says it absorbs toxic substances so I'd say it would work as a substitute. I'm mainly making this as a suggestion due to the overabundance of purifier as is.
 
Perhaps instead of charcoal we could use purifier? As an alternative, I mean, because the description says it absorbs toxic substances so I'd say it would work as a substitute. I'm mainly making this as a suggestion due to the overabundance of purifier as is.
While I agree we should find a substitute, I think huffing purifier fumes are going to kill you faster than the spores. You'll be basically huffing bronze and getting a lethal dose.

Just so this is constructive, I believe we should just be able to craft makeshift filters with less quality/durability by burning wooden bits and using wood charcoal as a substitute. Of course, filters use activated charcoal, but for the sake of having an alternative, It wouldn't hurt.

Pros:
Cheaper to make as long as you have an open flame or access to a furnace.
Doesn't filter the spores as well as a normal filter, but you'll still be able to make short runs across the sewer.


Cons:
Less durability, less quality, and runs out quicker.
You wouldn't want to use it unless you're broke, something you'll need to upgrade if you want to be efficient.
 
While I agree we should find a substitute, I think huffing purifier fumes are going to kill you faster than the spores. You'll be basically huffing bronze and getting a lethal dose.

Just so this is constructive, I believe we should just be able to craft makeshift filters with less quality/durability by burning wooden bits and using wood charcoal as a substitute. Of course, filters use activated charcoal, but for the sake of having an alternative, It wouldn't hurt.

Pros:
Cheaper to make as long as you have an open flame or access to a furnace.
Doesn't filter the spores as well as a normal filter, but you'll still be able to make short runs across the sewer.


Cons:
Less durability, less quality, and runs out quicker.
You wouldn't want to use it unless you're broke, something you'll need to upgrade if you want to be efficient.
Considering a lot of the crafting mechanics, I don't think it should matter too much on the realism front. The main argument for this suggestion is purely on the basis of the overabundance of purifier. Giving it more use than just being used for making disinfectant.
 
I feel another nice use would be to have it clean bandanas. You know, purify them of spores?
 
I feel another nice use would be to have it clean bandanas. You know, purify them of spores?
That would be a good compromise, cover the bandana in small quantities of the purifier, make it run out, and have to be reapplied.
 
Can do this for progression rework
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top