Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Long connection times

Dokromos

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2023
Messages
2
This is a problem that I think everyone has always had with Gmod, but connection to the server takes me a while and I was wondering if this is the same for others. I timed it and it took 5 minutes, 30 seconds and 86 milliseconds to join. I have all the necessary games mounted and have subscribed to the workshop content. Is there a way to speed up the time it takes to join?
 
The map, what's on the map and the server content itself are quite heavy, so in the near future the code of the server will be cleaned up, which should help loading times quite significantly hopefully as if the codebase itself is stripped down, it would then take a minute or two to join instead, but it's a difficult one as have to compromise what can be removed from the server and what cannot, also what has room to optimisation still code wise.

Having a better drive and Internet can help too, but Garry's Mod itself has its own struggles due to being such an old game, that it's a bottleneck of its own.
I think this is an issue that can't be fixed with nothing but a fast internet and/or hard-drive.

If you are not running on the 64-bit version of Garry's Mod yet, I'd recommend that heavily performance wise too.
 
Back
Top