Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Carter Jameson Bradley // The Rotting Presenter

MelonHeadzzz

Radio Bob Approved
Protector
Joined
Dec 12, 2021
Messages
214

TVmaybe.png
You've either heard my words, or read them.

1693518212794.png​

<:: CITIZEN INFORMATION RECORD ::>​
LEGAL NAME: CARTER JAMESON BRADLEYRECORDED NAME CHANGE: N/A
CITIZEN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: 47228NICKNAME: N/A
CIVIL STATUS: CONFORMIST-GRADECOLLABORATOR TIER: 5
AGE: 28STATUS: ACTIVE
DATE OF BIRTH: April 8th, 1991CURRENT OCCUPATION: COMMITTEE OF CIVIC DUTY AND ENGAGEMENT, SECURITY COUNCIL, MEMBER OF THE PROGRESSIVE CONSTRUCT (PROCON) BINDER.
PAST LOCATIONS: ECHELON FACILITY, CITY-2PAST OCCUPATION: LIVERPOOL FISH 'N' CHIPS - NATIVE MINING FRONT of C2
EDUCATION: ECHELON EDUCATION PROGRAMMENATIONALITY: ENGLISH
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: ANGLO-SAXON FACIAL FEATURES. CLEAN, COMBED HAIR. BURGUNDY COLLABORATOR JACKET.
HEIGHT: 6'0"
EYES: BLUE
HAIR: BROWN
FAMILY COHESION: UNKNOWN
- FATHER:
MADDOX BRADLEY - Age: 64 - ALIVE - CITY-48
- MOTHER:
MARGARET BRADLEY - Age: 60 - ALIVE - CITY-57
- BROTHER(s):
OSKAR BRADLEY - Age: 35 - ALIVE - CITY-17

SAMSON BRADLEY - Age: 30 - ALIVE - CITY-13
LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, FRENCHDISTINGUISHING FEATURES: C-C-D-E PIN ON LAPEL. GREEN COLLABORATOR ARMBAND.



The air smells of wine. Ink stains covers the table. Posters and papers and are scattered through the room. A man is hard at work.

Script1.png


As he turns on the TV, the sounds of his own voice coast through the air, as cigarette ash assults one's nose, and alcohol warms the stomach.

​



1693518212794.png
And, now, it's time to play...
FACE VALUE!
210617112312-restricted-04-game-show-history-museum-archive.png
The only show in Sector-10 where YOU'RE the question!
LOVES | ADMIRES | RESPECTS | BEST FRIEND | FRIEND | NEUTRAL | DISTRUSTS | DISLIKES | HATES | FEARS | DEAD/MISSING

ON-AIR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OFF-AIR

Here's how you play: send Carter Bradley, that's me, a letter at 47228, and I'll give my face-value, opinions on you!
In this game, you'll get to meet all of my co-hosts, and may even get to network with your fellow contestants!
So, without further ado, let's get started, shall we?

​


🙛 The Producers 🙙
Chief Propagandist Raktavati Shrivastav
A bit on the nose, isn't it? Anyway - where would the Committee be without Miss Shrivastav? A bang-up editor, one of the best, and the facilitator of all sorts of information throughout the city. Without her, the Committee would hardly even exist! I salute you, Miss, and all that you do for us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They say you used to be kinder. Cheerier. Happier, full of life and love. That's all changed - you sure don't sound like that. Your eyes are sagging with bags of fatigue, crows peck at the corners of your eyes, and your face persists in a near-constant scowl. I fear we aren't living up to your potential and expectations of us with each disinterested grunt you provide. Or, perhaps it's just energy conservation. I couldn't guess.

We fucked up. Bad. All we can hope to do now is fix this bloody mess of ours. I think the next few days are going to do well to make up for it. Here's to the new show.

I have been granted Tier-5 by your hand, and I have finally closed the space held by the myriad of Department Heads. I hope you don't go anywhere, this ship has never run as tight as it has with you present. Honestly, I just wish you would live a little beyond your work. Even a stickler like myself has had the chance to enjoy a glass of wine every once in a while.


Former Chairman Elias Siemens
Who? I'm--sorry, I don't believe I've heard of that man in my life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were instrumental to the rally. Your information was exceptional. I hope I made you proud - don't forget about what I asked!

You did well, and now you've made it. One of the highest offices beneath the Consul that could be granted! Wear it well, my friend, you have earned it tenfold. I hope to be joining you up there with the rest of the Party before long, doing all that I can. Building, striving, and all. I raise a can to you.

They made us forget about you.


Former Vice-Executive Callum Crown
May he rest in peace.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before Siemens, you were the closest thing I had to an ally in the Party structure. You confided in me, and I delivered as best as I could muster with an article... mere days before you were shot. I just hope that, wherever you are, you aren't upset. Rather, you're happy to be free of this prison.

General-Secretary Aleksandr Yurievich
I'll admit, General-Secretary, your resurgence has been a surprising one, but it is quite the welcome one indeed! You're stern, tough, you know what's best and now how to carry yourself. We need more men like you, a true
model citizen!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A terrifying man. A man you don't want to slight, ever. No matter what you do. If he tells you to do something, you do it, otherwise you could end up in the ground. We need a strong hand in the Party, that goes without saying - you are the Hammer of Collaboration. All I hope is I never end up on the receiving end of you.

You have cemented yourself as a rock in the Party as of late. I considered you once as a greed-obsessed consolidator, but I seem to have been mistaken. You are the preserver of the current, and you understand what it takes to whip those into shape who deserve it. I am proud to stand by you, General-Secretary, and I hope that our relationship does not change - even if you seem to only tolerate me.


Chairman-Professor Mallory Bloke
For Our Benefactors! For the Council! For the Party! For Bloke!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the one hand, you really are an intelligent man. I am happy to have given you my services, and am even happier that your election paid off. You have a certain quality of leadership and a head on your shoulders. You have a way with the crowd that I greatly admire. And that is horrifying. I respect and am terrified by your policies, and yet I find that we share many of them. I find that you and the Constructivists would make a common allly, and yet your Breen-Idolatry is infuriating and consistently gets you in trouble.

I think we would have an interesting intellectual conversation if we ever got down to it, but having you in the seat of the Chairman is terrifying. What should happen if I cross you? What of my colleagues? Of everything that I've built?



🙛 The Bouncers 🙙
You.
I--ahum! Miss Shrivastav, could you excuse me for one moment?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate you. I can't look at an officer without thinking of you, you and your fucking coat. I can't think of you without wanting to scratch my arm off, to dip into the slums to find more of whatever you fucking put in me. You did this to me, you made me this creature, this... thing, and I can't do shit about it. You're a menace. A fiend. I just wish you and your trenchcoated posse would leave me be.

Dead in the ground or relocated somewhat far away. Good fucking riddance.


The Keymaster
Another noble officer of our Civil Protection. I'm proud to be served by you, officer!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're one of the skirted ones, but you're different. You're a little unsettling, but you're attentive and you seem like you want to help. And you gave me a new place to stay, so, win-win.

You've gone missing. Your mask lies on your face no longer, and instead all that remains is silence. I didn't expect to ever meet you again, but nor did I expect for you to vanish. Oh, well.



🙛 The Co-Hosts 🙙
Juniper Stenhouse
Truthfully, a lovely woman. I can't work without her, and I'm always happy to be by her side. Never a dull moment, and never a poor idea from either of us. I don't doubt we'll be rising together 'til the end!

...and now, she has created the District Watch! I hope that you take it far, my friend, for the sake of this city. Death to the infestation!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're my closest friend. You have been since we started working at the Committee. We're near-inseparable, and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me - the editing, the revisions. You're a scary woman, even so. You frighten me, you say things that sometimes make me think you're going to try and kill someone. Or, kill me. I wish you wouldn't drink so much, and I wish you wouldn't smoke. But, I do too. So, what's the point in trying to stop you?

You're frightening me even more now. I don't even want to know what the cause of that outburst was. But I'm scared of it. I'm scared of what we're becoming - you even called
me out. I hope you can forgive me for how stupid I am. I just don't want to trip at the goal-line. Once we pass it, everything will be so much better for us.

And now you're back to insulting me. Calling me a thief. What in the world is going on with you? How can you be so fucking two-faced all the time? It must be exhausting. It's exhausting for me, for sure.

Oh, god. Oh, my god, I've been a fool - I've been a fucking waste. Everything you said was right - I didn't help with your leg, I barely even talk with you anymore. I've been so whisked up in the panic of this Party I could barely even pay you any mind. I can't believe that you'd still care for me after all of this, after everything I've done (or haven't done) to you. I feel like I don't deserve your mercy. I just hope I can make this right. I'll get you in, yet.

You've made it in the Party, and you've created a militia. You're spreading your wings and soaring to places I never imagined, and yet you continue to treat us as if we're rivals locked in struggle. You ignore my plights and my worries, you ignore every problem that I've had - instead, you shrug it off as if I am meant to be some infallible pedestal. When I mention the things you say to me, you pretend they never happened. You've grown colder. You consistently insult me, and since the blackout I think you've changed. Or, perhaps it wasn't the blackout. Perhaps it was the lighthouse. What the hell happened on that lighthouse, Juniper? Regardless, I hope that your meetings with the City Administrator and the Party Chairman are going well.

You call me mad, you say the fog is driving me insane... but maybe the fog has more truth than you do.


Agatha Doe
Another fantastic confidant from the CCDE! You've got a lot of life ahead of you, Miss Doe, and I salute the progress you've made, and will continue to make!

Secretary in the Security Council, and leader of one of its supreme binders. I will stand by you and the Constructivist Movement as much as I can, and I am proud to serve as Head of Relations.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you're alright. After the incident at Jenkins', I feel like things are different. It's like looking through a fucked-up mirror.

Oh, Agatha, I hardly know where to begin with you. Our friendship, once meager, has grown into something far greater after our admittance into the Party. It's strange, what began as chaotic politics seemed to cool and settle around itself, settling almost like astral bodies in their violent beginnings, becoming something calmer and solidified. We plan for the Progressive Construct, we provide insight, share opinions on how the Committee should be run... it's very enlightening. Thank you, Agatha, really. Once the Residential Block is fixed, I have a bottle of wine with your name on it.

The Constructivist Movement is born! I am happy to be the Head of Relations, and I believe that this ship will be taken very far. The Movement has a future in this city - what else do we have? We have the damnable Haussen Front, and the Conservatives who are seemingly constantly in an identity crisis. I will always be the microphone for this Movement, as long as you want for me to be there. If you reach Tier-6 ahead of me, I hope I can one day join you with that
stark-white armband worn proudly on my arm.


Jerome Jenkins
Ahh, another lovely member of the Collaborator's Party - I've known you for a while, now, and while we may no longer be colleagues, I still hope I can call you a friend. I hope you remain, Mister Jenkins.

You didn't remain, but that's alright - not many people do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm so. So. Bloody sorry. They were watching. I couldn't not do something. I thought--I thought if I started something, it would end faster. It didn't. And it's my fault, friend.

Removed from the Party. I haven't seen you around very much anymore, so I wonder if it was lethargy that brought you out of the Party. Oh, well.


Xiao Chen-Ning
Aspiring Chairman representing the Constructivist Movement! And, a presenter within the Committee. You may see him on the screen alongside me, or even as a feature in my recent show, "Twenty-Four, Tonight!" I salute you for your service, Mister Xiao.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the few people in the Committee aside from Agatha I can consider a friend. Thatcher's gone, Riggs is hardly an acquaintance, and you step up to the plate eagerly and with purpose. You're proving to be a great member of the Collaborator's Party, and I am excited to see what comes next for you. Perhaps you'll be Chairman, or perhaps you'll even replace me if I finally perish.

...was that you talking? Or was it someone else? Or something else? What do you know about the theater? What do you know about the fog?


Percival Thatcher
I have my existence as a member of the Party, and a member of Tele-Programming, to thank you for. As one television personality to another, I hope that you fare well as a commander of the Conscripted Reserve. Enjoy your time rehabilitating those who wish to re-enter our society, and I hope that this isn't the last I see of you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I once thought of you as a curmudgeon. As someone who was unnecessarily down on Our Benefactors, who teetered on the line of anti-citizenry in some cases. But now? I see you as a good an honest man. My first impressions of you were dashed as we continued to work together - you are matter-of-fact, you tell it like it is, and you understand the world around us. Yes, what we create is propaganda; heavily biased, heavily-edited propaganda. Your cynicism has, in a strange way, helped to ground me. It has helped me to realize that, in the end, this is still just a job. Strangely, despite having stolen your job, you're one of the few individuals I can actually consider a friend.

Or, rather, I did until you left to join the CCR. The fucking conscripts? Criminals given another chance? Really? You're bloody serious? It's your funeral, Thatcher, that's all I'll say. When you make it back, and if you make it back, I'll host a party for you with your favorite wine. Until then?
Try not to die.



🙛 The Contestants 🙙
'Fedor'
You know - you're the first person I met while I was here, and yet I can't say I know your last name. Oh, well! You rose fast, and I know you'll keep on risin'. You're a good man, Fedor - smart 'n' quippy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You've vanished, but I still think about you. The things you said, about everything. Are you an inmate? A guard? Or did you break out? If you have, I fear for you. But I wish you good luck.


Ophelie Latourelle
Who? Do we have the same script? Eh-heh, let's move on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, god, I feel terrible. I knew, from the moment she spilled the beans, that rally wouldn't be pretty for you. But, as it stands, you're an easy target for the Party. I just hope you don't take this personally. However difficult that'll be.

We're roommates now. After the officer helped me, I would have sworn that our relationship would have soured even worse now that we share an apartment. But, the air has been cleared a lot. Things have improved, and what once stressed me out to no end has been amended through the simple art of conversation. I think we'll get along swell.

Gone, like the remainder of my elder comrades. It seemed like it took so long, as if so many of them vanished out of thin air. I only hope that you're safe, but I can't even guarantee that anymore.


Evelyn Mitchell
Stop--giving me the letters of people who don't exist. Eheh, please, let's move on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We met in the Upper Plaza, and I couldn't help but feel something was wrong about you. You aren't anti-civil, by any means, something just seems off. You're friendly, you respect what others are saying, but you speak almost too little. When someone starts talking, you just sit. You just let them talk. Why? Why not interject? Why just sit there, like some constructed being? I can't wrap my head around it. I can't wrap my head around you.

You've grown on me - you've been through what I have, you've seen what I've seen and understood my plights and my worries. You've managed to extract more from me than I anticipated, and I don't know if that is for better or for worse. Our little smoking spot is one of the better parts of my day, meeting and talking, true and honest.

That woman. I don't know what to do about her. You've seen me at my worst, now, and I don't know how to feel about it. I hope that woman hasn't ruined our companionship - I'd rather not lose another person to primitivity.

You've changed, more than you ever have. Snippets of you, snippets of someone else, all new and all horrifying. You and your biotic companions, your armor, your weapons, your insults... they whittle the conscience and boggle the mind. You have used me, you have abused my status and my social upbringing to take advantage of me. You forced me out of my home, you and your friend harassed me out of my apartment block. And yet, your story horrifies even further. To know what they have done to you, to know what they have done to your loved ones, your colleagues, to everyone you have met and known - my heart bleeds for you. But, everything about you I cannot stand. Nor can I stand your friends. Or your alien acquaintances.


Arthur Andreevich
The good doctor! A writer of speeches and newspapers on the side, too. A good man, and honest man, and dare I say the makings of a novel citizen! You have great potential - you're going to go far. Always happy to have you on the show.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the way you were staring, you know. During the bonfire. Your eyes wide and bloodshot, dried by the licking flames. Your mouth snapped shut, immobile. You were the only one with half a soul in that audience, feeling for them. I envy you. I just hope you don't have to always keep that mouth of yours shut in the Committee.

Good work in the rally.

Another man, lost to the relocation drives. I'm surprised I haven't been picked up, yet.



🙛 The Audience 🙙
David Edwards
Unfortunately, an anti-citizen worthy of the most heinous punishments - look away, people! Nothing to see, here!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still don't know what happened to you. Were you kicked out, or did you REALLY resign? What even happened? Shrivastav wouldn't tell me... but I wish the Committee treated you well, at least.

Seven goddamn violations? Seven!? How? How could you do this? How is it even possible to have that many? I hope you're dead and not just lying low!


Uwe Schultz
A member of the Monopoly, if I remember correctly. Always a pleasure to meet a member of the machine that keeps our economy running! The invisible hand isn't so invisible now!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only time I ever met you was when she was drinking, a lot. I feel terrible that it had to be our first meeting, and I've never seen you again after that. I hope that doesn't ruin your impression of me.

Amina Meziane
An employee with the Civil Medical & Research Union, if I am not mistaken. It's always good to know that our most noble workers are doing what they must to keep our city safe and happy. Where would we be without this union? We'd all be slime in an infestation, that's what! Ha-HAH!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're a good smoking buddy. I know that you have some ties with the woman who threatened me, and I hope that you know how dangerous this all is. All of it, every fraction of it is something I don't want you to fall down the same pit that I did, fearing for you life so completely that you can't bear to live on this planet.


'Ivy? Rose?' | Katherine Ellis
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've only met you twice, and every time I have it's been insufferable. You're a charicature, everything that the anti-citizenry is touted as. Belligerent, ignorant, unkind, overconfident, brazen... when you stand near her I can feel the conversation shifting, as if our very souls curl and cringe in your presence. Good riddance, you filthy animal. Enjoy what's rest of that bloody apartment.

They mourn for you, but I don't. As cruel and callous as it may be, I could not stand you. You forced me out, colluding with her, just to harass me. Every chance you got, you made my life a living hell. She may have cared for you, and her friends may have, but I do not. You threatened my life - and you both used me.
​



1693518212794.png

Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for...
POWERS THAT BE!


1708637934319.png

Here's the deal. I will be asking you a series of questions about the "powers that be" in our civil society, and you must answer them truthfully.

Every contestant gets points for every right answer you give.
Got it? Good! Let's get going!


​
image_2024-02-22_170753606.png

🙛 The Combine 🙙
It was Our Benefactors who lifted us from what may have been total destruction. It was Our Benefactors who gave us another chance at survival; another chance at moving forward as a species. We must do our duty for them - we must do all that we can to prove that we are worth it!
​

It was Our Benefactors who ended this planet's life, and returned it to something we could live in. I've made friends, and I've made enemies, but more importantly, I have become something that I could have never imagined when I was a child - powerful. For the first time in my life, I really do feel it, and now I see only the future; not the future for my species, or my Union, but for me.

You are cruel. I see your ferocity in every bruised Regular, in every body in the streets, in every burned biotic. I see what you have done to other humans, how you have gored us and mutilated us beyond anything we could possibly perceive as alive. And yet... your might is awe-inspiring. What you have accomplished has inspired me, and I do not doubt it will inspire others.
​
🙛 Citizens 🙙
We are the workers, builders of the future; and we the workers swear to thee: loyal devotion, fearless devotion, marching forward endlessly!​

You are this union's blank slate. You are my canvas - something to draw upon for inspiration, to convince and to inspire. Each and every one of you has potential buried deep within you, and yet so many of you simply drag yourself through your day so slow you can hardly experience it. Each day you spend merely going through the motions, hunting for your next ration, you squander what you could truly be doing. Striving to be better.

This city is a popularity contest, between us and them. The Regulars are our battleground - I saw it in the elections, and I see it as the Underground rises to threaten us...

...and I will not be on the losing side, whichever that happens to be.
​
Lambdaspray_1a (1).png

🙛 The Anti-Citizens 🙙
Monsters! Traitors! Speciocidal terrorists! They are the antithesis of citizenry, the destroyers of all that is good and just. Brutes and barbarians, all. Glory! Peace! Victory! Death!​

You don't care about me. You said you did, and you lied. You want me to 'see the truth?' Then don't let them put out a fucking bounty on me. What I say about you is true. You're monsters, with no regard for dignity. You deserve a firing squad, like your frog friends.

...and yet, deep beneath the surface is something that keeps digging into my head. You have shown me great things and terrible things, you have been kind when kindness is undeserved, shelter when my home was taken from me by your very hands. Your music, your culture, your people, your kindness in the face of such horrible odds. Maybe you don't care about me, but then why haven't you ended my life yet?

Perhaps it's because of the
GERMAN.
20240222170516_1.jpg
nxkbs://luykg.br/hAOmzInppjQ?fo=QqPprK0toot7XO9x

Stay tuned for more episodes of "Powers That Be!"​
 
Last edited:
The basedest presenter, tv man even, epic bio

Edit: how did he get pked already wtf man
Edit 2: nahh
 
Last edited:
Back
Top