- Joined
- Sep 14, 2022
- Messages
- 595
- Thread Author
- #1
I don't know where else to post something like this, since this is to do with Short Stories and not main. Please don't remove this thread or close it, please just move it to the correct area if this isn't the right place to do it.
I had recently made a Short Stories Ban Appeal, the appeal being posted yesterday. Today, it got denied. The reason for being denied was that the Short Stories staff has noticed it calmed down since I've been gone, and that they don't feel I've learnt my lesson. My question- both for the Short Stories team and anyone else reading this- is what am I supposed to do? In my appeal, I acknowledged Hayden and I have some real fundamental disagreements on how certain things should be handled and what should and shouldn't be said. I also said that if I'm to enjoy Short Stories, I should at least abide by the rules of the organizers, even if I disagree with the rules. I had apologized for how aggressive I'd acted in the past, and acknowledged that I want to put it behind me and focus on sharing a story. Here's my actual appeal;

So, it got denied, with a 9-1 vote, 9 against me coming back and 1 for. Now, back to my question- what am I supposed to do? I get told to try again in 3 months to show that I'm actually interested, instead of coming back for the big event, but why? What difference would it make? My main interest at this point is the main mega event, and my appeal's language wouldn't really change, so what am I supposed to do? I'm disappointed in the events I did miss, like Purgatory, janitor's Japanese Shogunate one, and Alessio's 'Holy Light' event, and I want to start making up for the lost time with this mega event. I want to mirror my first time coming to Willard, with i17 being what hooked me, and the mega event Black Gold being what truly made me fall in love with Willard- both main and Short Stories. This truly feels like a moment where I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. I've already been unbanned from main since June, and I haven't caused any trouble since then, because I've learnt my lesson. I'm only asking now that I can be unbanned for this mega event to show the Short Stories staff team that I've changed. Because at the moment, the message I got was that to the SS team, I haven't learned my lesson.
With this thread, I want to be able to at least discuss with the rest of the team so there isn't only one person defending me and supporting my unban, but so there's two. I've never liked the system where someone gets one post to make their case, only for it to get denied, so please, SS team, have an open mind and at least talk to me about what I can do to prove I've changed. My proposal is to allow me into the event, and if I just revert back to my toxic practices, then just keep me banned. I want to use this Mega-Event to show I've changed, since it's the best time to. It's more than twice the length of your average SS, and I feel if I show I can be good through the New Frontier, it'll show that I have learned my lesson. Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to future discussions regarding this.
I had recently made a Short Stories Ban Appeal, the appeal being posted yesterday. Today, it got denied. The reason for being denied was that the Short Stories staff has noticed it calmed down since I've been gone, and that they don't feel I've learnt my lesson. My question- both for the Short Stories team and anyone else reading this- is what am I supposed to do? In my appeal, I acknowledged Hayden and I have some real fundamental disagreements on how certain things should be handled and what should and shouldn't be said. I also said that if I'm to enjoy Short Stories, I should at least abide by the rules of the organizers, even if I disagree with the rules. I had apologized for how aggressive I'd acted in the past, and acknowledged that I want to put it behind me and focus on sharing a story. Here's my actual appeal;

So, it got denied, with a 9-1 vote, 9 against me coming back and 1 for. Now, back to my question- what am I supposed to do? I get told to try again in 3 months to show that I'm actually interested, instead of coming back for the big event, but why? What difference would it make? My main interest at this point is the main mega event, and my appeal's language wouldn't really change, so what am I supposed to do? I'm disappointed in the events I did miss, like Purgatory, janitor's Japanese Shogunate one, and Alessio's 'Holy Light' event, and I want to start making up for the lost time with this mega event. I want to mirror my first time coming to Willard, with i17 being what hooked me, and the mega event Black Gold being what truly made me fall in love with Willard- both main and Short Stories. This truly feels like a moment where I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. I've already been unbanned from main since June, and I haven't caused any trouble since then, because I've learnt my lesson. I'm only asking now that I can be unbanned for this mega event to show the Short Stories staff team that I've changed. Because at the moment, the message I got was that to the SS team, I haven't learned my lesson.
With this thread, I want to be able to at least discuss with the rest of the team so there isn't only one person defending me and supporting my unban, but so there's two. I've never liked the system where someone gets one post to make their case, only for it to get denied, so please, SS team, have an open mind and at least talk to me about what I can do to prove I've changed. My proposal is to allow me into the event, and if I just revert back to my toxic practices, then just keep me banned. I want to use this Mega-Event to show I've changed, since it's the best time to. It's more than twice the length of your average SS, and I feel if I show I can be good through the New Frontier, it'll show that I have learned my lesson. Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to future discussions regarding this.

