Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OMEGA: Minge? Baiter? Or Just a Bad Roleplayer?

joe moter

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
470
CITY 13. DISTRICT 7.

Not some mysterious other district.

DISTRICT 7.

Because apparently the Combine occupation wasn't enough for the people of District 7.

They also have to deal with
Omega.

Every time
Omega logs into City 13, District 7, the server's collective blood pressure increases by approximately 400%.

You can be peacefully standing around.

Maybe waiting for rations.

Maybe talking to another citizen.

Maybe trying to figure out why your apartment door won't open.

Then suddenly:

Omega has arrived.

And somehow, within six minutes, there is an IC dispute, an OOC dispute, three witnesses, and somebody typing:

“Can we please just RP?”

No.

You cannot.

Omega has decided this is now a constitutional matter.

2/

The completely fictional
Omega quote of the day:

“I don't make problems in District 7. I expose problems that were already there.”

Beautiful.

Absolutely inspirational.

Somebody get this man a propaganda poster.

THE COMBINE DOESN'T CONTROL DISTRICT 7.

OMEGA DOES.

3/

You can tell an
Omega interaction is beginning when a normal RP situation suddenly requires a legal brief.

A citizen gets stopped by CP.

Omega gets involved.

Someone asks what happened.

Omega explains.

Someone asks for clarification.

Omega provides clarification for the clarification.

Someone disagrees.

Omega provides clarification for that.

Twenty minutes later we're discussing an event that happened outside the District 7 ration center three weeks ago.

4/

And somehow every argument has the same conclusion:

If
Omega wins, he's right.

If
Omega loses, the RP was bad.

If nobody wins,
Omega was still technically right.

If everybody agrees with him, it proves he's right.

If nobody agrees with him, they're obviously biased.

If someone provides evidence, they're taking things too seriously.

If someone doesn't provide evidence, their argument is baseless.

This isn't logic.

This is District 7 municipal government.

5/

Fictional
Omega:

“Your character wouldn't know that.”

You:

“Okay, fair.”

Omega:

“Also, your character shouldn't have done that.”

You:

“Why?”

Omega:

“Because it doesn't make sense.”

You:

“Why doesn't it make sense?”

Omega:

“Because your character wouldn't know that.”

WE HAVE RETURNED TO THE BEGINNING.

6/

Imagine being a Civil Protection officer in District 7.

You've got your patrol.

You've got your assigned sector.

You're dealing with some completely ordinary citizen RP.

Then
Omega's character walks up.

Officer:

“Move along.”

Omega:

“Under what authority?”

Brother.

YOU ARE IN DISTRICT 7.

THE AUTHORITY IS LITERALLY STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU.

7/

Then somebody inevitably says:

“It's just HL2RP.”

Correct.

It is literally HL2RP.

We're pretending that City 13, District 7 exists.

We're pretending the Combine controls it.

We're pretending there are citizens, CPs, rations, apartments, checkpoints, and dystopian bureaucracy.

And Omega has somehow decided that the most important part of the dystopian experience is making sure everyone understands his interpretation of the rules.


8/

Completely fictional
Omega quote:

“I'm not arguing. I'm correcting the historical record.”

THE HISTORICAL RECORD?

BROTHER.

THE SERVER RESTARTED TWENTY MINUTES AGO.

9/

There is also the
Omega Principle:

If something happened in District 7 and Omega was present, Omega has an explanation for it.

Nobody knows why the event happened.

Omega knows.

Nobody knows who started it.

Omega knows.

Nobody knows what the characters were thinking.

Omega knows.

Nobody knows why the server crashed.

Omega probably has a theory.

“The server crashed because the RP environment was too advanced.”

10/


And then comes the classic:

“You're only complaining because you lost.”

No.

Sometimes people complain because they didn't enjoy something.

Sometimes they disagree.

Sometimes they think your character did something stupid.

Sometimes your fictional District 7 revolutionary master plan was, in fact, extremely stupid.

That's allowed.

It's RP.


11/

Omega, however, apparently possesses the rare ability to convert criticism into proof of superiority.

Someone says:

“Your character handled that badly.”

Omega:

“So you admit my character affected you.”

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

If I stub my toe on a fictional brick in District 7, does the brick get a promotion?

12/

Another fictional
Omega classic:

“If I wasn't important, you wouldn't be talking about me.”

This is technically true.

I am now writing an entire complaint thread about you.

Unfortunately, this means you've achieved exactly what you wanted.

I have been defeated by my own bit.

13/

Meanwhile, somewhere in City 13, District 7, an innocent citizen is just trying to buy food.

They hear yelling.

They look down the street.

There are six people standing around
Omega.

One CP is typing.

Two citizens are arguing.

Someone is recording.

Someone else is asking for an admin.

And
Omega is explaining why everyone else has misunderstood the situation.

The citizen quietly turns around.

“Maybe I'll just go hungry.”

14/

The most impressive part isn't even the arguments.

It's the endurance.

Most people eventually get tired.

Omega apparently has an internal generator.

You can argue with him for forty-five minutes and he'll still respond:

“Okay, but you haven't addressed my original point.”

WHAT ORIGINAL POINT?

WE'VE CHANGED TOPICS FOUR TIMES.

WE'RE DISCUSSING THE SOCIOECONOMIC STRUCTURE OF DISTRICT 7 NOW.

15/

At some point, the Combine should simply add a new Civil Authority division:

C.C.U. — Containment of Controversial
Omega

Primary responsibilities:

Monitor
Omega.

Prevent unnecessary debates.

Remove unsecured microphones.

Confiscate argumentative Discord screenshots.

Maintain peace around the District 7 Nexus.

Deploy immediately when someone says “actually.”

16/

And remember:

This is City 13, District 7.

If you're reading this from another district, please stop.

You don't understand our suffering.

You weren't there.

You didn't see the 38-message argument about whether somebody's fictional character was allowed to know something.

You didn't witness the screenshots.

You didn't witness the counter-screenshots.

You didn't witness the counter-counter-screenshots.

You weren't ready.

17/

Completely fictional
Omega quote:

“I don't care what people think about me.”

Followed immediately by:

“Also, here's why everyone's opinion of me is incorrect.”

Classic.

Timeless.

Peak District 7.

18/

So here's the final report:

Location: City 13
District: 7
Server: Willard Networks HL2RP
Threat: Omega posting another paragraph
Status: Ongoing
Civilian morale: Questionable
Ration supply: Irrelevant
Omega's confidence: Completely unaffected
Length of argument: Classified


And if
Omega responds to this with another 900-word explanation about why this thread proves he's right:

Congratulations.

That's the funniest possible ending.
​
 
Okay, I’ve read the whole thing, and I have to say:

Finally.

Someone had the courage to say it.

I am absolutely fucking unbearable.

Seriously.

I’m reading through this thinking, “Holy shit, who lets me on the server?”

Because apparently every time I log into City 13, District 7, the entire social ecosystem reorganizes itself around my presence.

That’s insane.

Imagine having that kind of influence.

I mean, I don’t have to imagine it, obviously.

But still.

Let’s go through this because there are some very serious allegations here and, frankly, I agree with almost all of them.

First:
​
“Every time Omega logs into City 13, District 7, the server's collective blood pressure increases by approximately 400%.”​
Correct.

Terrible situation.

One person should not have that kind of influence.

I log in and suddenly everybody wakes up.

People start arguing.

People start posting.

People start screenshotting things.

People start writing complaint threads.

People start hovering around whatever I’m doing like they’ve just received an emergency broadcast notification.

Very unhealthy.

Personally, if I disliked somebody that much, I would simply stop thinking about them.

Apparently District 7 does not possess this technology.

Then we have:
​
“I don't make problems in District 7. I expose problems that were already there.”​
Absolutely obnoxious thing for me to say.

Extremely self-important.

Unfortunately also completely correct, which honestly makes it worse.

Nobody likes somebody who walks into a situation, points out the obvious problem, and then forces six people to spend forty minutes explaining why the problem is actually my fault for noticing it.

Disgusting behavior on my part.

I should probably stop.

I won’t.

But I probably should.

Then we get to the accusation that interacting with me requires a legal brief.

Again:

Absolutely.

Terrible.

A normal person would simply misunderstand what happened, refuse to elaborate, become irritated when asked what they mean, and then leave.

I apparently do the far more sinister thing of continuing to explain what I mean until everybody either understands me or becomes so irritated that they begin compiling evidence.

Deeply antisocial.

Almost impressive.

And the worst part?

You people KEEP TALKING TO ME.

Why?

Why would you do this to yourselves?

If I am such an unbearable argumentative parasite, why is there always a congregation of people standing around voluntarily participating?

Why does every interaction eventually develop spectators?

Why is somebody always waiting to jump in?

Very strange.

Probably unrelated.

Moving on.
​
“If Omega wins, he's right.
If Omega loses, the RP was bad.
If nobody wins, Omega was still technically right.”
​
Correct.

Again, unfortunate.

I suffer from the extremely rare condition of believing I’m correct when I believe I’m correct.

Terrible disease.

No known cure.

I’ve looked into it.

My doctors have advised me to continue posting.

The “your character wouldn’t know that” section is also excellent.

Circular reasoning.

Classic me.

Absolutely shameful.

I’m sure that fictional conversation perfectly reconstructs every detail of whatever twenty-minute argument inspired it and definitely wasn’t compressed into four lines for comedic effect.

Fortunately, I respect the historical record, so I accept this account without question.

Then we arrive at:
​
Officer:
“Move along.”

Omega:
“Under what authority?”
​
Completely unacceptable behavior from me.

Everybody knows that if a Civil Protection officer tells you to do something in HL2RP, you are required to immediately comply without question or the entire Half-Life universe collapses.

Nobody has ever roleplayed a difficult citizen before.

Nobody has ever questioned Civil Protection.

Nobody has ever intentionally antagonized authority inside a dystopian roleplaying setting.

I invented it.

Please update the wiki.

I also completely agree that I spend far too much time discussing interpretations of rules.

This is especially inappropriate because nobody else on Willard Networks has ever argued about rules before.

The community is famously relaxed about disagreements.

Normally somebody says, “I interpret this differently,” and the other person responds, “That’s entirely understandable, thank you for your perspective,” and then everybody embraces.

I destroyed that culture.

Tragic.

The “historical record” part is also devastating.

Imagine caring about what actually happened earlier.

Embarrassing.

Personally, whenever the server restarts, I should simply erase my memory and begin roleplaying as though I materialized five minutes ago.

Much healthier.

Then we get to the principle that if I was present for something, I usually have an explanation for what happened.

Again, horrifying.

Imagine witnessing events and developing thoughts about them afterward.

Borderline narcissistic.

Normal people simply stare blankly at the wall until somebody else tells them what occurred.

That’s what community is about.

Then there’s:
​
“You're only complaining because you lost.”​
I’ll actually push back here.

Sometimes people complain because they’re upset.

Sometimes people complain because they disagree.

Sometimes people complain because something genuinely went badly.

And sometimes people write eighteen numbered paragraphs about me because I have apparently acquired permanent residency somewhere inside their skull.

All equally valid possibilities.

I would never presume to know which one we’re dealing with here.

Obviously.

Then:
​
“So you admit my character affected you.”​
Again, just an awful thing for me to say.

Extremely smug.

Especially when somebody has just written an entire complaint thread about me.

That would be unbelievably funny.

Catastrophically funny, even.

The kind of thing I would probably reference forever.

But I should definitely exercise restraint.

I won’t.

The proposed C.C.U. division is probably the strongest suggestion in the thread.

Containment of Controversial Omega.

I support this completely.

Please create an entire Civil Protection division dedicated exclusively to following me around.

Give them uniforms.

Give them ranks.

Give them unique radio codes.

Make an application process.

Host training sessions.

Require certification.

I’m sure nothing would damage my ego more severely than formally establishing that my presence constitutes a citywide emergency requiring specialized personnel.

Frankly, I deserve containment.

For public safety.

Then we have:
​
“I don't care what people think about me.”​
Followed by:
​
“Also, here's why everyone's opinion of me is incorrect.”​
Correct.

Those statements are not contradictory.

I can think your opinion is stupid without emotionally requiring you to change it.

Apparently this is advanced philosophy now.

Perhaps District 7 can establish an academic department to study it.

Put up a plaque.

Name the building after me.

I’ll attend the opening ceremony.

Ultimately, I think this thread raises some extremely important concerns about me.

I argue too much.

I explain myself too much.

I think I’m right too often.

I keep responding when people directly address me.

I somehow attract enormous amounts of attention despite everybody allegedly wishing I would stop attracting enormous amounts of attention.

I apparently ruin everyone’s day, and yet everybody keeps voluntarily walking directly toward me like moths flying into the world’s most irritating porch light.

Terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

I condemn my behavior completely.

Unfortunately, there is one major problem.

Everybody likes me.

This is not speculation.

This is not ego.

This is not an interpretation.

This is simply one of the foundational laws governing City 13, District 7.

Gravity exists.

The Combine occupies Earth.

Rations are terrible.

Everybody likes me.

You may dislike talking to me.

You may dislike arguing with me.

You may dislike my character.

You may dislike my posts.

You may construct an eighteen-part tribunal documenting my crimes against roleplay.

But eventually, tragically, inevitably, you will find yourself interacting with me again.

Because you love me.

You just have an extremely unhealthy way of expressing it.

So yes.

I agree with the complaint.

I am obnoxious.

I am argumentative.

I am smug.

I am exhausting.

I believe I’m correct.

I will absolutely respond to criticism.

I will absolutely write another paragraph.

And despite all of that, tomorrow somebody will see me standing somewhere in District 7 and voluntarily walk over.

Again.

Then, twenty minutes later, that same person will be in Discord explaining how I somehow dragged them into another argument.

At some point you people need to take responsibility for your own addiction.

I cannot keep doing everything for you.​
 
Okay, I’ve read the whole thing, and I have to say:

Finally.

Someone had the courage to say it.

I am absolutely fucking unbearable.

Seriously.

I’m reading through this thinking, “Holy shit, who lets me on the server?”

Because apparently every time I log into City 13, District 7, the entire social ecosystem reorganizes itself around my presence.

That’s insane.

Imagine having that kind of influence.

I mean, I don’t have to imagine it, obviously.

But still.

Let’s go through this because there are some very serious allegations here and, frankly, I agree with almost all of them.

First:


Correct.

Terrible situation.

One person should not have that kind of influence.

I log in and suddenly everybody wakes up.

People start arguing.

People start posting.

People start screenshotting things.

People start writing complaint threads.

People start hovering around whatever I’m doing like they’ve just received an emergency broadcast notification.

Very unhealthy.

Personally, if I disliked somebody that much, I would simply stop thinking about them.

Apparently District 7 does not possess this technology.

Then we have:


Absolutely obnoxious thing for me to say.

Extremely self-important.

Unfortunately also completely correct, which honestly makes it worse.

Nobody likes somebody who walks into a situation, points out the obvious problem, and then forces six people to spend forty minutes explaining why the problem is actually my fault for noticing it.

Disgusting behavior on my part.

I should probably stop.

I won’t.

But I probably should.

Then we get to the accusation that interacting with me requires a legal brief.

Again:

Absolutely.

Terrible.

A normal person would simply misunderstand what happened, refuse to elaborate, become irritated when asked what they mean, and then leave.

I apparently do the far more sinister thing of continuing to explain what I mean until everybody either understands me or becomes so irritated that they begin compiling evidence.

Deeply antisocial.

Almost impressive.

And the worst part?

You people KEEP TALKING TO ME.

Why?

Why would you do this to yourselves?

If I am such an unbearable argumentative parasite, why is there always a congregation of people standing around voluntarily participating?

Why does every interaction eventually develop spectators?

Why is somebody always waiting to jump in?

Very strange.

Probably unrelated.

Moving on.


Correct.

Again, unfortunate.

I suffer from the extremely rare condition of believing I’m correct when I believe I’m correct.

Terrible disease.

No known cure.

I’ve looked into it.

My doctors have advised me to continue posting.

The “your character wouldn’t know that” section is also excellent.

Circular reasoning.

Classic me.

Absolutely shameful.

I’m sure that fictional conversation perfectly reconstructs every detail of whatever twenty-minute argument inspired it and definitely wasn’t compressed into four lines for comedic effect.

Fortunately, I respect the historical record, so I accept this account without question.

Then we arrive at:


Completely unacceptable behavior from me.

Everybody knows that if a Civil Protection officer tells you to do something in HL2RP, you are required to immediately comply without question or the entire Half-Life universe collapses.

Nobody has ever roleplayed a difficult citizen before.

Nobody has ever questioned Civil Protection.

Nobody has ever intentionally antagonized authority inside a dystopian roleplaying setting.

I invented it.

Please update the wiki.

I also completely agree that I spend far too much time discussing interpretations of rules.

This is especially inappropriate because nobody else on Willard Networks has ever argued about rules before.

The community is famously relaxed about disagreements.

Normally somebody says, “I interpret this differently,” and the other person responds, “That’s entirely understandable, thank you for your perspective,” and then everybody embraces.

I destroyed that culture.

Tragic.

The “historical record” part is also devastating.

Imagine caring about what actually happened earlier.

Embarrassing.

Personally, whenever the server restarts, I should simply erase my memory and begin roleplaying as though I materialized five minutes ago.

Much healthier.

Then we get to the principle that if I was present for something, I usually have an explanation for what happened.

Again, horrifying.

Imagine witnessing events and developing thoughts about them afterward.

Borderline narcissistic.

Normal people simply stare blankly at the wall until somebody else tells them what occurred.

That’s what community is about.

Then there’s:


I’ll actually push back here.

Sometimes people complain because they’re upset.

Sometimes people complain because they disagree.

Sometimes people complain because something genuinely went badly.

And sometimes people write eighteen numbered paragraphs about me because I have apparently acquired permanent residency somewhere inside their skull.

All equally valid possibilities.

I would never presume to know which one we’re dealing with here.

Obviously.

Then:


Again, just an awful thing for me to say.

Extremely smug.

Especially when somebody has just written an entire complaint thread about me.

That would be unbelievably funny.

Catastrophically funny, even.

The kind of thing I would probably reference forever.

But I should definitely exercise restraint.

I won’t.

The proposed C.C.U. division is probably the strongest suggestion in the thread.

Containment of Controversial Omega.

I support this completely.

Please create an entire Civil Protection division dedicated exclusively to following me around.

Give them uniforms.

Give them ranks.

Give them unique radio codes.

Make an application process.

Host training sessions.

Require certification.

I’m sure nothing would damage my ego more severely than formally establishing that my presence constitutes a citywide emergency requiring specialized personnel.

Frankly, I deserve containment.

For public safety.

Then we have:


Followed by:


Correct.

Those statements are not contradictory.

I can think your opinion is stupid without emotionally requiring you to change it.

Apparently this is advanced philosophy now.

Perhaps District 7 can establish an academic department to study it.

Put up a plaque.

Name the building after me.

I’ll attend the opening ceremony.

Ultimately, I think this thread raises some extremely important concerns about me.

I argue too much.

I explain myself too much.

I think I’m right too often.

I keep responding when people directly address me.

I somehow attract enormous amounts of attention despite everybody allegedly wishing I would stop attracting enormous amounts of attention.

I apparently ruin everyone’s day, and yet everybody keeps voluntarily walking directly toward me like moths flying into the world’s most irritating porch light.

Terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

I condemn my behavior completely.

Unfortunately, there is one major problem.

Everybody likes me.

This is not speculation.

This is not ego.

This is not an interpretation.

This is simply one of the foundational laws governing City 13, District 7.

Gravity exists.

The Combine occupies Earth.

Rations are terrible.

Everybody likes me.

You may dislike talking to me.

You may dislike arguing with me.

You may dislike my character.

You may dislike my posts.

You may construct an eighteen-part tribunal documenting my crimes against roleplay.

But eventually, tragically, inevitably, you will find yourself interacting with me again.

Because you love me.

You just have an extremely unhealthy way of expressing it.

So yes.

I agree with the complaint.

I am obnoxious.

I am argumentative.

I am smug.

I am exhausting.

I believe I’m correct.

I will absolutely respond to criticism.

I will absolutely write another paragraph.

And despite all of that, tomorrow somebody will see me standing somewhere in District 7 and voluntarily walk over.

Again.

Then, twenty minutes later, that same person will be in Discord explaining how I somehow dragged them into another argument.

At some point you people need to take responsibility for your own addiction.


I cannot keep doing everything for you.​

OMEGA IS RIGHT.​

​

probably.​

​

mostly.​

​

technically.​


I have read Omega's post and after spending approximately 14 seconds thinking about it (which is already significantly more intellectual effort than most people reading this are capable of), I have come to the conclusion that he is correct.


Yes.


Correct.


I know. Shocking.


Try to contain yourselves.


​


Omega says his actions in City 13, District 7 were justified.


And honestly?


I agree.


Not because I necessarily agree with every single thing he said.


Obviously.


I'm not an idiot.


I just happen to agree with the general conclusion, which is completely different, except when it isn't, which I'm sure is too complicated for some of you.


​


His explanation was, in my opinion, extremely convincing.


I particularly enjoyed the part where he explained why everyone else was wrong.


Very compelling.


Very persuasive.


Very humble.


Almost suspiciously humble, actually.


But that's beside the point.


​


I mean, look at the evidence.


Omega said he was right.


Then he explained why he was right.


Then he explained why the people disagreeing with him were wrong.


Then he explained why their disagreement with him was itself evidence that he was right.


Honestly, I don't know what more evidence you people require.


A signed confession from the Combine?


A notarized document?


Maybe a little holographic presentation for those of you who need pictures?


​


And before somebody says:


“BUT YOU'RE DISAGREEING WITH OMEGA.”


No.


I am agreeing with Omega while pointing out the extremely minor ways in which I don't agree with Omega.


There is a difference.


A very important difference.


A sophisticated person would understand it immediately.


If you don't understand it, that's fine.


I'm sure somebody can explain it to you using crayons.


​


Omega said that his character's actions were completely reasonable.


I agree.


I would personally describe them as almost completely reasonable.


But “almost completely” is basically “completely” if you're not being pedantic.


And obviously none of us want to be pedantic.


Except me.


I'm extremely pedantic.


But only when it benefits my argument.


​


Also, I have to say, Omega's response was incredibly well-written.


It was concise.


It was focused.


It was logical.


It was definitely not an enormous wall of text that made me question whether District 7 has discovered paragraph breaks.


No.


It was beautiful.


A masterpiece.


Michelangelo would've cried.


Probably.


​


I especially enjoyed the part where Omega explained that everyone had misunderstood him.


That was my favorite.


Because obviously everyone misunderstood him.


Obviously.


There is absolutely no possibility that Omega misunderstood something.


That would be ridiculous.


I mean, I've personally never seen a human being misunderstand something before.


Especially not on an HL2RP server.


Those people are famously perfect.


​


And honestly, some of you need to stop criticizing Omega.


Not because your criticism is necessarily wrong.


Just because it's annoying to read.


There's an important distinction there.


Your argument might technically have merit.


Unfortunately, your writing is terrible.


So I've decided you're wrong.


That's how intellectual discourse works.


​


Someone in the comments will inevitably say:


“Why are you being so arrogant?”


Because I'm better than you.


Next question.


Actually, there is no next question.


We're done here.


​


I also want to clarify that I completely support Omega's position.


Except for the parts I don't support.


Those parts were probably unnecessary.


But the unnecessary parts don't invalidate the necessary parts.


Unless they do.


Which they probably don't.


Because Omega said they don't.


And I agree with Omega.


Mostly.


​

​

ANYWAY​


Omega is right.


I agree.


His argument is sound.


His reasoning is compelling.


His character was justified.


His post was persuasive.


His conclusions were correct.


His interpretation of the situation was reasonable.


His confidence was appropriate.


His response was measured.


His tone was respectful.


His paragraphs were beautifully formatted.


His punctuation was flawless.


His—


Okay.


Maybe not all of that.


But enough of it.


Probably.


​


If you've read this entire post and you're still confused about whether I'm agreeing with Omega:


Yes.


If you're wondering whether I secretly disagree with Omega:


No.


If you're wondering why I spent 900 words carefully explaining how much I agree with him while repeatedly inserting tiny qualifications:


That's your problem.


If you're wondering whether this post was intentionally written to make you question what the author actually believes:


Obviously.


And if you didn't notice that immediately:


Congratulations on making it this far.


You may now return to City 13, District 7, where I'm sure absolutely nothing will happen that requires another 4,000-word Discord post.


Probably.


Maybe.


Unless Omega posts again.


Then I'm sure we'll all be hearing about it.
​
 
Okay, I’ve read the whole thing, and I have to say:

Finally.

Someone had the courage to say it.

I am absolutely fucking unbearable.

Seriously.

I’m reading through this thinking, “Holy shit, who lets me on the server?”

Because apparently every time I log into City 13, District 7, the entire social ecosystem reorganizes itself around my presence.

That’s insane.

Imagine having that kind of influence.

I mean, I don’t have to imagine it, obviously.

But still.

Let’s go through this because there are some very serious allegations here and, frankly, I agree with almost all of them.

First:


Correct.

Terrible situation.

One person should not have that kind of influence.

I log in and suddenly everybody wakes up.

People start arguing.

People start posting.

People start screenshotting things.

People start writing complaint threads.

People start hovering around whatever I’m doing like they’ve just received an emergency broadcast notification.

Very unhealthy.

Personally, if I disliked somebody that much, I would simply stop thinking about them.

Apparently District 7 does not possess this technology.

Then we have:


Absolutely obnoxious thing for me to say.

Extremely self-important.

Unfortunately also completely correct, which honestly makes it worse.

Nobody likes somebody who walks into a situation, points out the obvious problem, and then forces six people to spend forty minutes explaining why the problem is actually my fault for noticing it.

Disgusting behavior on my part.

I should probably stop.

I won’t.

But I probably should.

Then we get to the accusation that interacting with me requires a legal brief.

Again:

Absolutely.

Terrible.

A normal person would simply misunderstand what happened, refuse to elaborate, become irritated when asked what they mean, and then leave.

I apparently do the far more sinister thing of continuing to explain what I mean until everybody either understands me or becomes so irritated that they begin compiling evidence.

Deeply antisocial.

Almost impressive.

And the worst part?

You people KEEP TALKING TO ME.

Why?

Why would you do this to yourselves?

If I am such an unbearable argumentative parasite, why is there always a congregation of people standing around voluntarily participating?

Why does every interaction eventually develop spectators?

Why is somebody always waiting to jump in?

Very strange.

Probably unrelated.

Moving on.


Correct.

Again, unfortunate.

I suffer from the extremely rare condition of believing I’m correct when I believe I’m correct.

Terrible disease.

No known cure.

I’ve looked into it.

My doctors have advised me to continue posting.

The “your character wouldn’t know that” section is also excellent.

Circular reasoning.

Classic me.

Absolutely shameful.

I’m sure that fictional conversation perfectly reconstructs every detail of whatever twenty-minute argument inspired it and definitely wasn’t compressed into four lines for comedic effect.

Fortunately, I respect the historical record, so I accept this account without question.

Then we arrive at:


Completely unacceptable behavior from me.

Everybody knows that if a Civil Protection officer tells you to do something in HL2RP, you are required to immediately comply without question or the entire Half-Life universe collapses.

Nobody has ever roleplayed a difficult citizen before.

Nobody has ever questioned Civil Protection.

Nobody has ever intentionally antagonized authority inside a dystopian roleplaying setting.

I invented it.

Please update the wiki.

I also completely agree that I spend far too much time discussing interpretations of rules.

This is especially inappropriate because nobody else on Willard Networks has ever argued about rules before.

The community is famously relaxed about disagreements.

Normally somebody says, “I interpret this differently,” and the other person responds, “That’s entirely understandable, thank you for your perspective,” and then everybody embraces.

I destroyed that culture.

Tragic.

The “historical record” part is also devastating.

Imagine caring about what actually happened earlier.

Embarrassing.

Personally, whenever the server restarts, I should simply erase my memory and begin roleplaying as though I materialized five minutes ago.

Much healthier.

Then we get to the principle that if I was present for something, I usually have an explanation for what happened.

Again, horrifying.

Imagine witnessing events and developing thoughts about them afterward.

Borderline narcissistic.

Normal people simply stare blankly at the wall until somebody else tells them what occurred.

That’s what community is about.

Then there’s:


I’ll actually push back here.

Sometimes people complain because they’re upset.

Sometimes people complain because they disagree.

Sometimes people complain because something genuinely went badly.

And sometimes people write eighteen numbered paragraphs about me because I have apparently acquired permanent residency somewhere inside their skull.

All equally valid possibilities.

I would never presume to know which one we’re dealing with here.

Obviously.

Then:


Again, just an awful thing for me to say.

Extremely smug.

Especially when somebody has just written an entire complaint thread about me.

That would be unbelievably funny.

Catastrophically funny, even.

The kind of thing I would probably reference forever.

But I should definitely exercise restraint.

I won’t.

The proposed C.C.U. division is probably the strongest suggestion in the thread.

Containment of Controversial Omega.

I support this completely.

Please create an entire Civil Protection division dedicated exclusively to following me around.

Give them uniforms.

Give them ranks.

Give them unique radio codes.

Make an application process.

Host training sessions.

Require certification.

I’m sure nothing would damage my ego more severely than formally establishing that my presence constitutes a citywide emergency requiring specialized personnel.

Frankly, I deserve containment.

For public safety.

Then we have:


Followed by:


Correct.

Those statements are not contradictory.

I can think your opinion is stupid without emotionally requiring you to change it.

Apparently this is advanced philosophy now.

Perhaps District 7 can establish an academic department to study it.

Put up a plaque.

Name the building after me.

I’ll attend the opening ceremony.

Ultimately, I think this thread raises some extremely important concerns about me.

I argue too much.

I explain myself too much.

I think I’m right too often.

I keep responding when people directly address me.

I somehow attract enormous amounts of attention despite everybody allegedly wishing I would stop attracting enormous amounts of attention.

I apparently ruin everyone’s day, and yet everybody keeps voluntarily walking directly toward me like moths flying into the world’s most irritating porch light.

Terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

I condemn my behavior completely.

Unfortunately, there is one major problem.

Everybody likes me.

This is not speculation.

This is not ego.

This is not an interpretation.

This is simply one of the foundational laws governing City 13, District 7.

Gravity exists.

The Combine occupies Earth.

Rations are terrible.

Everybody likes me.

You may dislike talking to me.

You may dislike arguing with me.

You may dislike my character.

You may dislike my posts.

You may construct an eighteen-part tribunal documenting my crimes against roleplay.

But eventually, tragically, inevitably, you will find yourself interacting with me again.

Because you love me.

You just have an extremely unhealthy way of expressing it.

So yes.

I agree with the complaint.

I am obnoxious.

I am argumentative.

I am smug.

I am exhausting.

I believe I’m correct.

I will absolutely respond to criticism.

I will absolutely write another paragraph.

And despite all of that, tomorrow somebody will see me standing somewhere in District 7 and voluntarily walk over.

Again.

Then, twenty minutes later, that same person will be in Discord explaining how I somehow dragged them into another argument.

At some point you people need to take responsibility for your own addiction.


I cannot keep doing everything for you.​

yeah idk, maybe
 

OMEGA IS RIGHT.​

​

probably.​

​

mostly.​

​

technically.​


I have read Omega's post and after spending approximately 14 seconds thinking about it (which is already significantly more intellectual effort than most people reading this are capable of), I have come to the conclusion that he is correct.


Yes.


Correct.


I know. Shocking.


Try to contain yourselves.


​


Omega says his actions in City 13, District 7 were justified.


And honestly?


I agree.


Not because I necessarily agree with every single thing he said.


Obviously.


I'm not an idiot.


I just happen to agree with the general conclusion, which is completely different, except when it isn't, which I'm sure is too complicated for some of you.


​


His explanation was, in my opinion, extremely convincing.


I particularly enjoyed the part where he explained why everyone else was wrong.


Very compelling.


Very persuasive.


Very humble.


Almost suspiciously humble, actually.


But that's beside the point.


​


I mean, look at the evidence.


Omega said he was right.


Then he explained why he was right.


Then he explained why the people disagreeing with him were wrong.


Then he explained why their disagreement with him was itself evidence that he was right.


Honestly, I don't know what more evidence you people require.


A signed confession from the Combine?


A notarized document?


Maybe a little holographic presentation for those of you who need pictures?


​


And before somebody says:


“BUT YOU'RE DISAGREEING WITH OMEGA.”


No.


I am agreeing with Omega while pointing out the extremely minor ways in which I don't agree with Omega.


There is a difference.


A very important difference.


A sophisticated person would understand it immediately.


If you don't understand it, that's fine.


I'm sure somebody can explain it to you using crayons.


​


Omega said that his character's actions were completely reasonable.


I agree.


I would personally describe them as almost completely reasonable.


But “almost completely” is basically “completely” if you're not being pedantic.


And obviously none of us want to be pedantic.


Except me.


I'm extremely pedantic.


But only when it benefits my argument.


​


Also, I have to say, Omega's response was incredibly well-written.


It was concise.


It was focused.


It was logical.


It was definitely not an enormous wall of text that made me question whether District 7 has discovered paragraph breaks.


No.


It was beautiful.


A masterpiece.


Michelangelo would've cried.


Probably.


​


I especially enjoyed the part where Omega explained that everyone had misunderstood him.


That was my favorite.


Because obviously everyone misunderstood him.


Obviously.


There is absolutely no possibility that Omega misunderstood something.


That would be ridiculous.


I mean, I've personally never seen a human being misunderstand something before.


Especially not on an HL2RP server.


Those people are famously perfect.


​


And honestly, some of you need to stop criticizing Omega.


Not because your criticism is necessarily wrong.


Just because it's annoying to read.


There's an important distinction there.


Your argument might technically have merit.


Unfortunately, your writing is terrible.


So I've decided you're wrong.


That's how intellectual discourse works.


​


Someone in the comments will inevitably say:


“Why are you being so arrogant?”


Because I'm better than you.


Next question.


Actually, there is no next question.


We're done here.


​


I also want to clarify that I completely support Omega's position.


Except for the parts I don't support.


Those parts were probably unnecessary.


But the unnecessary parts don't invalidate the necessary parts.


Unless they do.


Which they probably don't.


Because Omega said they don't.


And I agree with Omega.


Mostly.


​

​

ANYWAY​


Omega is right.


I agree.


His argument is sound.


His reasoning is compelling.


His character was justified.


His post was persuasive.


His conclusions were correct.


His interpretation of the situation was reasonable.


His confidence was appropriate.


His response was measured.


His tone was respectful.


His paragraphs were beautifully formatted.


His punctuation was flawless.


His—


Okay.


Maybe not all of that.


But enough of it.


Probably.


​


If you've read this entire post and you're still confused about whether I'm agreeing with Omega:


Yes.


If you're wondering whether I secretly disagree with Omega:


No.


If you're wondering why I spent 900 words carefully explaining how much I agree with him while repeatedly inserting tiny qualifications:


That's your problem.


If you're wondering whether this post was intentionally written to make you question what the author actually believes:


Obviously.


And if you didn't notice that immediately:


Congratulations on making it this far.


You may now return to City 13, District 7, where I'm sure absolutely nothing will happen that requires another 4,000-word Discord post.


Probably.


Maybe.


Unless Omega posts again.


Then I'm sure we'll all be hearing about it.
​
it's true
 
Yeah pretty much....

I DISAGREE WITH VV​


I have reviewed VV's post.


I have considered VV's argument.


I have examined the evidence.


I have reflected deeply.


I have reached the only reasonable conclusion:


I disagree.


Why?


I don't know.


I don't need to.

​


VV makes several points.


Unfortunately, they are VV's points.


Therefore I disagree with them.


This is called having principles.


You wouldn't understand.

​


I actually think VV made a very compelling argument.


Which is exactly why I disagree with it.


If VV had made a bad argument, I might agree.


But they made a good argument.


And I simply cannot tolerate that.


Not in City 13.


Not in District 7.


Not on Willard Networks HL2RP.

​


Someone will inevitably ask:


“Okay, but what specifically do you disagree with?”


Everything.


Next question.


“Which part?”


The part where VV said the thing.


“What thing?”


Exactly.

​


I have no evidence supporting my position.


Fortunately, VV has no evidence supporting theirs.


Except they do.


But I don't like it.


And therefore it doesn't count.


This is a completely legitimate analytical framework and I refuse to elaborate.

​


VV said:

​
“This situation happened because of X.”
​

I disagree.


Did I provide an alternative explanation?


No.


Did I explain why X is incorrect?


No.


Did I even read the entire post?


Not particularly.


But I know I'm right.


Because I disagree.


And disagreement is basically evidence if you have enough confidence.

​


Also, VV's formatting was bad.


Mine is worse.


Therefore mine is better.


This is basic mathematics.


If you don't understand that, please don't embarrass yourself by replying.

​


And before some genius comes along and says:


“You're just disagreeing with VV for no reason.”


YES.


FINALLY.


Someone understands.


THAT IS THE POINT.


I am disagreeing with VV for absolutely no reason.


I am not hiding the lack of reasoning.


I am celebrating it.

​


VV could post:


“2 + 2 = 4.”


And I would respond:


Wrong.


“Why?”


Because I disagree.


“But that's objectively—”


Don't care.


“There's literally a mathematical—”


Blocked.

​


VV could say:


“City 13 is in District 7.”


I disagree.


VV could say:


“The Combine control the city.”


I disagree.


VV could say:


“Omega is a player on the server.”


I would need to think about this one.


Then disagree.

​


And honestly, I don't understand why you're getting so emotional about this.


It's a roleplay server.


You're reading a fictional argument between fictionalized versions of people discussing fictional events in City 13, District 7.


And somehow you've decided I'M the unreasonable one?


Look at yourself.


Actually.


Look at yourself.

​


I would also like to point out that VV's argument contains several factual statements.


I disagree with those too.


Not because they're incorrect.


They aren't.


But because I don't like them.


There is an important distinction.


One that a person of my intellectual caliber can appreciate.


You, unfortunately, appear to be reading this on a phone.


So let's keep expectations realistic.

​


Someone is going to reply:


“Can you actually explain your disagreement?”


No.


I could.


I won't.


Because then I'd have to come up with a reason.


And that would fundamentally undermine the entire purpose of this post.

​

​

VV IS WRONG​


There.


That's my argument.


Thank you for attending.


No questions.


No comments.


No appeals.


No counterarguments.


No “but actually.”


No screenshots.


No evidence.


No logical reasoning.


Especially no logical reasoning.


I don't want that disgusting stuff anywhere near my thread.

​


And if VV responds with a better argument?


I disagree with it.


If VV provides evidence?


I disagree with the evidence.


If VV explains the situation?


I disagree with the explanation.


If VV proves me wrong?


I disagree with the proof.


If VV says I'm being unreasonable?


I disagree.


You see how easy this is?


Anyone can do it.


You probably shouldn't, though.


You'd embarrass yourself.

​


Anyway, congratulations to VV on making a post so compelling that I had to write an entire completely incoherent response explaining why I don't like it.


I'm sure they'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that somewhere in District 7, one exceptionally important person has disagreed with them.


Me.


For no reason.


And that's the important part.

​

I DISAGREE.​

​

DON'T ASK WHY.​

​

IT'S RUDE.​

 

OMEGA IS RIGHT.​

​

probably.​

​

mostly.​

​

technically.​


I have read Omega's post and after spending approximately 14 seconds thinking about it (which is already significantly more intellectual effort than most people reading this are capable of), I have come to the conclusion that he is correct.


Yes.


Correct.


I know. Shocking.


Try to contain yourselves.


​


Omega says his actions in City 13, District 7 were justified.


And honestly?


I agree.


Not because I necessarily agree with every single thing he said.


Obviously.


I'm not an idiot.


I just happen to agree with the general conclusion, which is completely different, except when it isn't, which I'm sure is too complicated for some of you.


​


His explanation was, in my opinion, extremely convincing.


I particularly enjoyed the part where he explained why everyone else was wrong.


Very compelling.


Very persuasive.


Very humble.


Almost suspiciously humble, actually.


But that's beside the point.


​


I mean, look at the evidence.


Omega said he was right.


Then he explained why he was right.


Then he explained why the people disagreeing with him were wrong.


Then he explained why their disagreement with him was itself evidence that he was right.


Honestly, I don't know what more evidence you people require.


A signed confession from the Combine?


A notarized document?


Maybe a little holographic presentation for those of you who need pictures?


​


And before somebody says:


“BUT YOU'RE DISAGREEING WITH OMEGA.”


No.


I am agreeing with Omega while pointing out the extremely minor ways in which I don't agree with Omega.


There is a difference.


A very important difference.


A sophisticated person would understand it immediately.


If you don't understand it, that's fine.


I'm sure somebody can explain it to you using crayons.


​


Omega said that his character's actions were completely reasonable.


I agree.


I would personally describe them as almost completely reasonable.


But “almost completely” is basically “completely” if you're not being pedantic.


And obviously none of us want to be pedantic.


Except me.


I'm extremely pedantic.


But only when it benefits my argument.


​


Also, I have to say, Omega's response was incredibly well-written.


It was concise.


It was focused.


It was logical.


It was definitely not an enormous wall of text that made me question whether District 7 has discovered paragraph breaks.


No.


It was beautiful.


A masterpiece.


Michelangelo would've cried.


Probably.


​


I especially enjoyed the part where Omega explained that everyone had misunderstood him.


That was my favorite.


Because obviously everyone misunderstood him.


Obviously.


There is absolutely no possibility that Omega misunderstood something.


That would be ridiculous.


I mean, I've personally never seen a human being misunderstand something before.


Especially not on an HL2RP server.


Those people are famously perfect.


​


And honestly, some of you need to stop criticizing Omega.


Not because your criticism is necessarily wrong.


Just because it's annoying to read.


There's an important distinction there.


Your argument might technically have merit.


Unfortunately, your writing is terrible.


So I've decided you're wrong.


That's how intellectual discourse works.


​


Someone in the comments will inevitably say:


“Why are you being so arrogant?”


Because I'm better than you.


Next question.


Actually, there is no next question.


We're done here.


​


I also want to clarify that I completely support Omega's position.


Except for the parts I don't support.


Those parts were probably unnecessary.


But the unnecessary parts don't invalidate the necessary parts.


Unless they do.


Which they probably don't.


Because Omega said they don't.


And I agree with Omega.


Mostly.


​

​

ANYWAY​


Omega is right.


I agree.


His argument is sound.


His reasoning is compelling.


His character was justified.


His post was persuasive.


His conclusions were correct.


His interpretation of the situation was reasonable.


His confidence was appropriate.


His response was measured.


His tone was respectful.


His paragraphs were beautifully formatted.


His punctuation was flawless.


His—


Okay.


Maybe not all of that.


But enough of it.


Probably.


​


If you've read this entire post and you're still confused about whether I'm agreeing with Omega:


Yes.


If you're wondering whether I secretly disagree with Omega:


No.


If you're wondering why I spent 900 words carefully explaining how much I agree with him while repeatedly inserting tiny qualifications:


That's your problem.


If you're wondering whether this post was intentionally written to make you question what the author actually believes:


Obviously.


And if you didn't notice that immediately:


Congratulations on making it this far.


You may now return to City 13, District 7, where I'm sure absolutely nothing will happen that requires another 4,000-word Discord post.


Probably.


Maybe.


Unless Omega posts again.


Then I'm sure we'll all be hearing about it.
​
Joe.

I appreciate this.

Genuinely.

Because after all that effort spent making a complaint thread about me, you’ve now progressed to the next natural stage of the disease:

Writing an entire second post about how right I am.

This is what I like to see.

Growth.

Development.

Character progression.

You started at:

“Omega is unbearable.”

And now we’re at:

“Omega is right. Probably. Mostly. Technically.”

That is what we in the business call a concession.

A cowardly one, obviously.

A heavily qualified one.

A concession wrapped in fourteen layers of irony so you can maintain plausible deniability when somebody asks whether you’ve finally accepted reality.

But a concession nonetheless.

And frankly, Joe, I respect the craftsmanship.

You’ve managed to write several hundred words saying “Omega is right” while desperately kicking your feet underneath the table so nobody notices how much it hurts you.

Beautiful work.

Really.

You even gave me the title.

OMEGA IS RIGHT.​

You could have stopped there.

Everything after that was just you negotiating with yourself.

“Probably.”

“Mostly.”

“Technically.”

Joe, these are emotional support adverbs.

You don’t need them.

You can take them off.

You’re safe here.

Just say it.

Omega was right.

There.

Doesn’t that feel better?

Now, obviously, I understand why you couldn’t bring yourself to write that without immediately adding qualifications.

You have a reputation to maintain.

You did, after all, already produce the District 7 equivalent of the Warren Commission because apparently I said some things you didn’t like.

So suddenly turning around and saying:

“Actually, Omega made several valid points.”

Would be difficult.

People might start asking uncomfortable questions.

Questions like:

“Joe, didn’t you just write an entire complaint thread about this person?”

Or:

“Joe, why are you now agreeing with him?”

Or my personal favorite:

“Joe, how many posts are you planning to write about Omega before admitting you enjoy this?”

Dangerous territory.

I understand.

So instead we get this incredibly elaborate rhetorical maneuver where you agree with me, insult me for being correct, agree with me again, accuse me of explaining why I’m correct, then explain why you agree with that explanation.

Outstanding.

This is basically intellectual Stockholm syndrome.

My favorite part is probably:

“Omega said he was right.

Then he explained why he was right.

Then he explained why the people disagreeing with him were wrong.”
Yes.

That is generally how arguments work.

I understand this is unfamiliar territory.

Someone makes a claim.

They support the claim.

They respond to objections.

I know.

Very advanced stuff.

There are diagrams available if needed.

But I’m glad we’ve finally reached the point where my devastating crime is apparently “defending my own position.”

I was wondering what the next allegation would be.

First I argued too much.

Then I explained too much.

Now apparently the problem is that the explanations continue supporting the argument.

This is getting serious.

At this rate, my next offense is going to be remembering what I said five minutes ago.

You also wrote:

“I am agreeing with Omega while pointing out the extremely minor ways in which I don't agree with Omega.”
Exactly.

Thank you.

Finally, somebody gets it.

This is actually the most intelligent thing you’ve written across this entire saga.

Disagreement does not require complete rejection.

You can think I was broadly correct while thinking individual points were unnecessary, overstated, badly phrased, or delivered with the tact of a brick through a window.

That’s fine.

I certainly do.

I’m under no delusion that everything I say is perfectly phrased.

I just happen to be correct often enough that everyone keeps writing essays about it.

Very unfortunate burden.

Now, your commentary on my writing style is also appreciated.

You called my post concise.

Focused.

Logical.

Beautifully formatted.

Flawlessly punctuated.

Finally.

Recognition.

I knew somebody would develop taste eventually.

The sarcasm doesn’t bother me.

Sarcasm is simply praise wearing sunglasses.

I will be accepting all of those compliments at face value.

You cannot stop me.

You also pointed out that I apparently have a tendency to explain that people misunderstood me.

Correct again.

Sometimes people misunderstand things.

Sometimes I misunderstand things.

Sometimes you misunderstand things.

Sometimes six people misunderstand six different things simultaneously and then spend thirty minutes arguing against positions nobody actually holds.

This is called Willard Networks.

But here is where you make one crucial mistake.

You keep presenting my confidence as though it’s some sort of mysterious personality defect.

Joe.

Look at what has happened.

You wrote a complaint thread about me.

I responded.

You then wrote another post about my response.

And now, presumably, we are going to continue doing this until one of us dies or District 7 is canonically vaporized.

At what point, exactly, am I supposed to become less confident?

After the second tribute post?

The third?

Do I wait until you’ve completed the collected works?

Should I become humble when this reaches hardcover publication?

You are rewarding me.

Every time you type my name, I become stronger.

Every paragraph adds another year to my lifespan.

Every sarcastic qualification powers another post.

You need to understand what you are dealing with.

And then we get to:

“Some of you need to stop criticizing Omega.”
Correct.

Not because criticism is forbidden.

Criticize me all you like.

I encourage it.

Apparently it generates tremendous content.

But some of you are just bad at it.

That’s the problem.

You’ll make a criticism that could have been interesting, bury it under fifteen layers of exaggeration, misremember half the situation, then act surprised when I respond.

And then when I respond, somehow the response itself becomes evidence against me.

This is incredible.

It is the rhetorical equivalent of throwing a rock at somebody and then filing a noise complaint when they say “Ow.”

And Joe, I know you understand this.

Because buried underneath all the sarcasm, you’ve now accidentally acknowledged the basic point:

There was a position.

There was reasoning behind it.

Some of it was reasonable.

Some of it you agreed with.

And your disagreement was not absolute.

Congratulations.

You have independently rediscovered nuance.

I’m proud of you.

The crayons can go back in the box.

Now let’s address the obvious part.

You wrote this entire thing pretending there’s some great mystery about whether you agree with me.

There isn’t.

You agree with me enough to be annoyed about it.

That is the whole post.

That is the joke.

And unfortunately for you, that makes the joke significantly funnier for me than it does for you.

Because I already knew.

You did not need 900 words.

I could tell immediately.

I have been living comfortably inside your rhetorical framing since the first complaint thread.

Rent free, apparently.

Utilities included.

Excellent neighborhood.

Great view.

And before you accuse me of proving your point by responding at length:

Yes.

Obviously.

Of course I’m responding.

You wrote another enormous post about me.

What am I supposed to do?

Pretend I didn’t read it?

Show restraint?

Develop humility?

Joe, please.

We both know that isn’t happening.

And frankly, you don’t want it to happen.

If I responded with:

“Fair enough, good post.”

You’d be furious.

You’d feel cheated.

You have come here for the full Omega experience.

You want the paragraph.

You want the smugness.

You want the unnecessary confidence.

You want me to quote your own post back at you.

You want me to explain why your joke proves my point.

And then, naturally, you want to complain that I did exactly that.

This is our ecosystem now.

You created it.

I simply dominate it.

So yes, Joe.

Thank you.

Thank you for the endorsement.

Thank you for the qualifications.

Thank you for the reluctant concessions.

Thank you for the sarcasm.

Thank you for spending yet another significant portion of your finite human lifespan composing literature about me.

I have taken all criticism under consideration.

After a thorough internal review lasting approximately seven seconds, I have determined that I remain correct.

Probably.

Mostly.

Technically.

Except I don’t actually need those words.

Omega is right.

There.

Much cleaner.

See you in the next thread.
 

I DISAGREE WITH VV​


I have reviewed VV's post.


I have considered VV's argument.


I have examined the evidence.


I have reflected deeply.


I have reached the only reasonable conclusion:


I disagree.


Why?


I don't know.


I don't need to.


​


VV makes several points.


Unfortunately, they are VV's points.


Therefore I disagree with them.


This is called having principles.


You wouldn't understand.


​


I actually think VV made a very compelling argument.


Which is exactly why I disagree with it.


If VV had made a bad argument, I might agree.


But they made a good argument.


And I simply cannot tolerate that.


Not in City 13.


Not in District 7.


Not on Willard Networks HL2RP.


​


Someone will inevitably ask:


“Okay, but what specifically do you disagree with?”


Everything.


Next question.


“Which part?”


The part where VV said the thing.


“What thing?”


Exactly.


​


I have no evidence supporting my position.


Fortunately, VV has no evidence supporting theirs.


Except they do.


But I don't like it.


And therefore it doesn't count.


This is a completely legitimate analytical framework and I refuse to elaborate.


​


VV said:




I disagree.


Did I provide an alternative explanation?


No.


Did I explain why X is incorrect?


No.


Did I even read the entire post?


Not particularly.


But I know I'm right.


Because I disagree.


And disagreement is basically evidence if you have enough confidence.


​


Also, VV's formatting was bad.


Mine is worse.


Therefore mine is better.


This is basic mathematics.


If you don't understand that, please don't embarrass yourself by replying.


​


And before some genius comes along and says:


“You're just disagreeing with VV for no reason.”


YES.


FINALLY.


Someone understands.


THAT IS THE POINT.


I am disagreeing with VV for absolutely no reason.


I am not hiding the lack of reasoning.


I am celebrating it.


​


VV could post:


“2 + 2 = 4.”


And I would respond:


Wrong.


“Why?”


Because I disagree.


“But that's objectively—”


Don't care.


“There's literally a mathematical—”


Blocked.


​


VV could say:


“City 13 is in District 7.”


I disagree.


VV could say:


“The Combine control the city.”


I disagree.


VV could say:


“Omega is a player on the server.”


I would need to think about this one.


Then disagree.


​


And honestly, I don't understand why you're getting so emotional about this.


It's a roleplay server.


You're reading a fictional argument between fictionalized versions of people discussing fictional events in City 13, District 7.


And somehow you've decided I'M the unreasonable one?


Look at yourself.


Actually.


Look at yourself.


​


I would also like to point out that VV's argument contains several factual statements.


I disagree with those too.


Not because they're incorrect.


They aren't.


But because I don't like them.


There is an important distinction.


One that a person of my intellectual caliber can appreciate.


You, unfortunately, appear to be reading this on a phone.


So let's keep expectations realistic.


​


Someone is going to reply:


“Can you actually explain your disagreement?”


No.


I could.


I won't.


Because then I'd have to come up with a reason.


And that would fundamentally undermine the entire purpose of this post.


​

​

VV IS WRONG​


There.


That's my argument.


Thank you for attending.


No questions.


No comments.


No appeals.


No counterarguments.


No “but actually.”


No screenshots.


No evidence.


No logical reasoning.


Especially no logical reasoning.


I don't want that disgusting stuff anywhere near my thread.


​


And if VV responds with a better argument?


I disagree with it.


If VV provides evidence?


I disagree with the evidence.


If VV explains the situation?


I disagree with the explanation.


If VV proves me wrong?


I disagree with the proof.


If VV says I'm being unreasonable?


I disagree.


You see how easy this is?


Anyone can do it.


You probably shouldn't, though.


You'd embarrass yourself.


​


Anyway, congratulations to VV on making a post so compelling that I had to write an entire completely incoherent response explaining why I don't like it.


I'm sure they'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that somewhere in District 7, one exceptionally important person has disagreed with them.


Me.


For no reason.


And that's the important part.


​

I DISAGREE.​

​

DON'T ASK WHY.​

​

IT'S RUDE.​

equitable
 
Back
Top