- Joined
- Nov 13, 2022
- Messages
- 583
- Thread Author
- #1
I'm lodging this complaint on behalf of some of recent choices made by the staff team in regards to the usage of Stormfox and it's sometimes disruptive usage on the server.
First, let me begin by stating that in the usage of some events, I.E the infestation scenario we had experienced on I-24. or a city blackout where all the power systems fail, it can help set the mood. Be it a state of paranoia and dread from horrors lurking in the dark, or the threat of an alien malignance in the air, slowly taking over the city's atmosphere. That's when Stormfox can help set the tone for current events.
What I cannot say is fun or helpful is the server being plunged into near blinding darkness with no precedent or build up prior, nor a sudden rolling in of fog that actively hampers the visual aspect of players. The photos I have linked were taken today within the timespan of ten minutes. Within the span of ten minutes, the server went from having a heavy fog set in to a looming darkness that made it so you couldn't see more than a meter in front of your face.
We are not playing Silent Hill, City-8 edition. We are currently in a city that hasn't had any disastrous events happen, bar some crystals being blown up and the outlands being flattened as a result of recent events. What I am requesting is a more appropriate usage of the addon to set the current mood and tone of the server appropriately, oppose to than someone just plunging everyone into darkness just for the sake of it.
Hope you take the time to read this and hear this out.


First, let me begin by stating that in the usage of some events, I.E the infestation scenario we had experienced on I-24. or a city blackout where all the power systems fail, it can help set the mood. Be it a state of paranoia and dread from horrors lurking in the dark, or the threat of an alien malignance in the air, slowly taking over the city's atmosphere. That's when Stormfox can help set the tone for current events.
What I cannot say is fun or helpful is the server being plunged into near blinding darkness with no precedent or build up prior, nor a sudden rolling in of fog that actively hampers the visual aspect of players. The photos I have linked were taken today within the timespan of ten minutes. Within the span of ten minutes, the server went from having a heavy fog set in to a looming darkness that made it so you couldn't see more than a meter in front of your face.
We are not playing Silent Hill, City-8 edition. We are currently in a city that hasn't had any disastrous events happen, bar some crystals being blown up and the outlands being flattened as a result of recent events. What I am requesting is a more appropriate usage of the addon to set the current mood and tone of the server appropriately, oppose to than someone just plunging everyone into darkness just for the sake of it.
Hope you take the time to read this and hear this out.



