swagile
Reble Wrangler
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2021
- Messages
- 354
- Thread Author
- #1
** A letter is found posted on the front of the bulletin board filled with shop advertisments near the RDT main street. **
I don't know where else to put this, since I don't know any CWU or CCA figures in person. I figure id put this here for public knowledge and traction so it reaches their ears. This letter is an address to the current poor workplace compensation that I believe the citizens (and by extension, myself) are suffering from. Right now, the basic reward for doing a good workshift worth of labor is only worth 10 credits. That is not enough to recuperate from said workshifts as many of them require a lot of labor intensive or precision work, which use up a lot of energy. At the end, 10 credits is enough for a breen water or two, or a Bob's water can; barely enough recognition for the hard work the citizens of this city put forth.
I propose this is raised by at least two times (20 credits instead of 10); with other rewards raised accordingly with this schema. This has more than ulterior motives, however; please read on to understand. Not only will this help us citizens be recognized for our worth which will increase productivity as more people come to workshifts, it will also boost our economy. Many of the higher tier stores are out of reach for the common citizen as we can barely afford ends meet, let alone the bigger stores. This means many of these stores are or will be going out of business for the only people who can afford anything from them are the higher tier loyalists, government workers such as CWU and CMU, or CP's themselves; such clientele is not enough to keep these stores in business, especially one off stores which only require one purchase every week. However, if citizen's pay is boosted it will allow these stores to stay.
Furthermore, more industrious minded citizenship can use their newfound wealth to start up businesses of their own, raising the competitiveness of the market and keeping everyone on their toes. Innovation comes from conflict and struggle, and this should be encouraged; yet its not possible except for the most wealthy to begin any sort of venture lest they pool their meagre resources with tens of other likeminded citizens, which is not a self sustaining system.
Finally, I propose this increase in pay is long overdue; the inflation of products that keep slowly going up means the average worker is further discouraged to work as his labor is not worth the time. We already have a problem with rising Indigent numbers and lack of enthusiasm in workers still exisiting in the normal districts; just yesterday I watched CP's demanding people to come to workshifts. Instead of such overt measures, I believe the CCA and CWU should implement these lighter measures that will work in the long term for years to come.
- Signed, A. Parker
I don't know where else to put this, since I don't know any CWU or CCA figures in person. I figure id put this here for public knowledge and traction so it reaches their ears. This letter is an address to the current poor workplace compensation that I believe the citizens (and by extension, myself) are suffering from. Right now, the basic reward for doing a good workshift worth of labor is only worth 10 credits. That is not enough to recuperate from said workshifts as many of them require a lot of labor intensive or precision work, which use up a lot of energy. At the end, 10 credits is enough for a breen water or two, or a Bob's water can; barely enough recognition for the hard work the citizens of this city put forth.
I propose this is raised by at least two times (20 credits instead of 10); with other rewards raised accordingly with this schema. This has more than ulterior motives, however; please read on to understand. Not only will this help us citizens be recognized for our worth which will increase productivity as more people come to workshifts, it will also boost our economy. Many of the higher tier stores are out of reach for the common citizen as we can barely afford ends meet, let alone the bigger stores. This means many of these stores are or will be going out of business for the only people who can afford anything from them are the higher tier loyalists, government workers such as CWU and CMU, or CP's themselves; such clientele is not enough to keep these stores in business, especially one off stores which only require one purchase every week. However, if citizen's pay is boosted it will allow these stores to stay.
Furthermore, more industrious minded citizenship can use their newfound wealth to start up businesses of their own, raising the competitiveness of the market and keeping everyone on their toes. Innovation comes from conflict and struggle, and this should be encouraged; yet its not possible except for the most wealthy to begin any sort of venture lest they pool their meagre resources with tens of other likeminded citizens, which is not a self sustaining system.
Finally, I propose this increase in pay is long overdue; the inflation of products that keep slowly going up means the average worker is further discouraged to work as his labor is not worth the time. We already have a problem with rising Indigent numbers and lack of enthusiasm in workers still exisiting in the normal districts; just yesterday I watched CP's demanding people to come to workshifts. Instead of such overt measures, I believe the CCA and CWU should implement these lighter measures that will work in the long term for years to come.
- Signed, A. Parker