Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Abandon Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

alessiodoomboy

Admin
Staff Member
Admin
SS Manager
Creative Team
Abandon Hope

1.png

"You're not listening! They've locked down the district and we haven't got jack shit to beat them back with! There's no fighting back anymore. We lost."

Welcome to Industrial 24. The understaffed Civil Protection units native to the district have been beating back rebellion after rebellion as riots have spread like wildfire across the city. Steady progress has been made in stemming anti-citizen influence on the city through the careful use of bullets and brutality.

You, however, aren't on offense. Your duty is to clean out whoever they've missed. You will be a part of a small strike team, likely three to five low ranked units accompanied by a local unit of a higher rank to lead, and sweep through an already-cleaned part of the city. Be warned, this place hasn't been touched by any Combine forces for weeks - and it's highly suspected that many anti-citizens fleeing persecution have fled here. Keep your guard up.

However, you have been ordered not to fire on sight. Citizens are to first be evaluated for their fitness to re-integrate with society at large. This is to the discretion of your local leading unit, and you are to follow his orders at all times. Citizens deemed unfit by squad leader will face immediate amputation.

Applications require a Civil Protection whitelist. You will be using your main server CP unit on this operation. This event will host a low amount of CP units. Whilst there isn't a hard limit, expect around 3-5 applicants to be accepted. Lower ranked CP units will have their applications prioritised.

Event will be hosted on February 25th. Time will be adjusted to suit applicants.

[EDIT: Image update - given to me by Cengiz]

[EDIT: Date updated from 18th February to 25th after reschedule]

Application format:

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name:
  • Steam ID:
  • Discord Name & ID:
  • Timezone:
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:
Character Rank:
Brief summary of the character:
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?:
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory:

Last edited:
All previous posts have been deleted.

Please only post applications as a reply to this thread, thank you.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: hi
  • Steam ID: 1234
  • Discord Name & ID: hi#1234
  • Timezone: I am inside your home
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: ScFOfCCpTRLi1.BLOODHOUND-12
Character Rank:
ScFOfCCpTRLi1
A special agent sent on only the most hardcore of missions, ScFOfCCpTRLi1.BLOODHOUND-12 is known for his ruthless efficiency. Being recruited from the ranks of the OSF for his diligent training and unparalleled ability to kill, he was broughtinto the CP program against his will (he wanted to stay with his OSF comrades, because they are all as cool as him but dumb idiot Breen refuses to seetheir skill (he simps for civil pooptection))
I do not like having events not tailored to the faction I have decided to base my entire personality around (OSF) and as such, will simply bring my OSF character into this event under a different name. Because I am original. And funny.
I'm literally just playing a self-insert that's it that's the entire character I am very cool and edgy now accept my serious application (very serious (chorus: serious))
Bonus: picture of him in his special ops gear (very cool)

aaru7gsj37921.jpg

Application format:
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: toby
  • Steam ID: forgor
  • Discord Name & ID: toby2011#8621
  • Timezone: WIB
--- Section Two ---
Character Name: E4-72
Character Rank: E4 (Metropolice Recruit With USP)
Brief summary of the character: Just your average cop from I17 Now Deployed In I24
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: Cause why the fuck not
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: 404 NOT FOUND

dis is not serius i dont evan hav cv witelis

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Dej
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68827315
  • Discord Name & ID: ShockyC#0978
  • Timezone: GMT+8
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:
VICE-01
Character Rank: i1
CP Command Unit from VICE Squad that totes a big gun.
I am bored and I like events. No risk no reward anyway.

next person to post a shitpost application gets a forum ban (ban length based on how unfunny the shitpost is)

you’ll also not be allowed to participate in the next 5 short stories events regardless of whether you applied or not

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name:
  • The_Grass_Man
  • Steam ID:
  • Discord Name & ID:
  • The_Grass_Man#6549
  • Timezone:
  • GMT+2, Italy
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:

JUDGE-68

Character Rank:
i4

A young unit that has been serving for a good while, but is in some way still an i4. He's an ex-OSF marksman that served in Egypt, he decided to enlist in the Civil Protection as some sort of ''Retirement''; But his plan was fucked over when the CPT decided to draft him into a team of other four cops and send them to Industrial 24.

I've been missing a nice CP RP event for a while. So I said fuck it and decided to post an application. OSF still on top.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Mr. Calcium
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:85981754
  • Discord Name & ID: Justanotherguardthatexists #9241
  • Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: HELIX-20
Character Rank: I5
Brief summary of the character: A new member of the CP force who's struggling with the realities of his new occupation.
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: The morality of the Civil Protection has long been something I've wanted to address, and this character participating in this event I feel is a perfect way to showcase that.
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory:A newly accepted member of the Combine's Police force, HELIX-20 has relatively little in-the field experience barring the dramatic events following his first deployment in the ill-fate District 9, as such, he's rather ill prepared for such a mission, but luck may not be on his side...

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: 0xNiklas
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:424935776
  • Discord Name & ID: 0xNiklas™#5967
  • Timezone: UTC +1
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: VICE-82

Character Rank: I4
Brief summary of the character: New Member of the Civil Protection force, who become used to the brutal reality of the Force. Now seeing the danger of Anti-Citizen elements within his own District, he seems to believe that Resistance could spread. So he signed up for this
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I do it out of spite
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: N/A

Due to IRL circumstances and main server being a quite a tense point, which I wouldn't want to take players away from, this event will be delayed a week.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Deverinity
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:192725569
  • Discord Name & ID: Deverinity#4606
  • Timezone: GMT+0
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: VICE-66
Character Rank: INTENTION FIVE
Brief summary of the character: A decently experienced intention five with a background of City Restoration from the CWU, he is incredibly knowledgeable about common combine technology, more than what standard VICE units are taught.

(NOTE: ICly my character is capable to either take apart, put together or repair all standard combine technology including biolocks, terminals, cameras, etc. He just cannot tinker with anything beyond what the combine would’ve realistically taught him such as the citadels core since stalkers work there.)

Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: My chatacter is dead-set to proving his worth to the union, he’s been an I5 for a while and believes attending this and succeeding would look good on him, plus I want to start getting myself into more short stories.

[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: Full character profile

CDEFC59B-14BF-4D3D-BB82-F65109389557.png

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Taliazure
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67985352
  • Discord Name & ID: taliazure#7480
  • Timezone: Lisbon Time
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: Elyna Liam i1.Judge-02
Character Rank:i1
Brief summary of the character: Elyna Liam is a French officer, el relocated from city 13 soon after her training she was placed here in 24 to work before all the chaos and conflict beetwen the two cities. In city 24 she has excelled, mostly in combat altough suffering great for her promotions.

Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I love to make part of short events as well as believe Elyna would be a good addition, her arsenal is pretty heavy, she's used to combat and pretty experienced in it by all the fights she has been in. She is always ready to sacrifice herself for her cohorts. She will be able to steer her team in the safe direction and ensure their safety.

Back story

Last edited:
--- Section One ---

Steam Name:
Gir
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:207807617
Discord Name & ID: Gleparious#5187
Timezone: EST | USA

--- Section Two ---

Character Name: "Rusty" | Judge 12
Character Rank: i5
Brief summary of the character: A rather short man born in the US, he worked from a young age and frequently bounced between jobs, a skill that followed him into after the union occupation, which made him join Civil Protection
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I want to prove to cp leads that I am competent, both IC and OOC. Also, maybe get a cool reward.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---

--- Section Two ---

Character Name: Helix-09, the niner
Character Rank:
i3
Former office worker and a loyalist corruption investigation agent, made into a medical unit through training
Due to recent events he's got to prove himself, that and I haven't been in a CP event in a hot minute
Nuh uh

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name:
    MelonHeadzzz
  • Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:128800129
  • Discord Name & ID:
    MelonHeadzzz#8446
  • Timezone:
    UTC-5
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:
Arcibaldo Racozza; C24:i3-XRAY-79

Character Rank:
i3

A once-wise-cracking Maltesian from the balmy, beautiful island of City 48, Arcibaldo Racozza joined the great machine of the Combine because of his feelings of debt and gratitude. The Combine gave him everything the Resonance Cascade took from him; food, shelter, safety... but something's changed in him. After his Memory Replacement, he's no longer who he is. He laughs only at the grim, and feels no sympathy for any who stand beneath the ridges of his jackboot. His life was placed under ransom, and his memory was the price. Now, he's hardly a man, merely a tool... the perfect tool to be thrown into Industrial 24.

I think that XRAY-79 has changed after the Memory Replacement by the late XRAY-0. Not only do I want to contribute to the narrative of the Civil Protection and the Combine, and how they exist in City 24, but I also want this to be part of XRAY-79's character arc. After everything he witnessed under his Memory Replacement, a feverish 'service' sentiment has rooted within him. No longer is this job about some manufactured debt; this job is about duty, and he's here to prove it.​

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: hi
  • Steam ID: 1234
  • Discord Name & ID: hi#1234
  • Timezone: I am inside your home
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: ScFOfCCpTRLi1.BLOODHOUND-12
Character Rank: ScFOfCCpTRLi1
Brief summary of the character: A special agent sent on only the most hardcore of missions, ScFOfCCpTRLi1.BLOODHOUND-12 is known for his ruthless efficiency. Being recruited from the ranks of the OSF for his diligent training and unparalleled ability to kill, he was broughtinto the CP program against his will (he wanted to stay with his OSF comrades, because they are all as cool as him but dumb idiot Breen refuses to seetheir skill (he simps for civil pooptection))
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I do not like having events not tailored to the faction I have decided to base my entire personality around (OSF) and as such, will simply bring my OSF character into this event under a different name. Because I am original. And funny.
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: I'm literally just playing a self-insert that's it that's the entire character I am very cool and edgy now accept my serious application (very serious (chorus: serious))
Bonus: picture of him in his special ops gear (very cool)

aaru7gsj37921.jpg
Denied
Unfortunately, this character is of too high rank to make sense within the lore of the event - as well as not fitting the general character profile ideal for this event.

Application format:
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: toby
  • Steam ID: forgor
  • Discord Name & ID: toby2011#8621
  • Timezone: WIB
--- Section Two ---
Character Name: E4-72
Character Rank: E4 (Metropolice Recruit With USP)
Brief summary of the character: Just your average cop from I17 Now Deployed In I24
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: Cause why the fuck not
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: 404 NOT FOUND

dis is not serius i dont evan hav cv witelis
Denied
Applicants are required to be from City 24 - and unfortunately, this character is from industrial 17, which would not make sense within the lore of the event.
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name:
  • The_Grass_Man
  • Steam ID:
  • Discord Name & ID:
  • The_Grass_Man#6549
  • Timezone:
  • GMT+2, Italy
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:

JUDGE-68

Character Rank:
i4

A young unit that has been serving for a good while, but is in some way still an i4. He's an ex-OSF marksman that served in Egypt, he decided to enlist in the Civil Protection as some sort of ''Retirement''; But his plan was fucked over when the CPT decided to draft him into a team of other four cops and send them to Industrial 24.

I've been missing a nice CP RP event for a while. So I said fuck it and decided to post an application. OSF still on top.
Pending
This would be an interesting character to have in the event. Application is pending due to i4 status, since, as stated above, lowered ranks take priority for this event, and a final decision will be made about it after the second wave of applicants is accepted or denied.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Dej
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68827315
  • Discord Name & ID: ShockyC#0978
  • Timezone: GMT+8
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:
VICE-01
Character Rank: i1
Brief summary of the character: CP Command Unit from VICE Squad that totes a big gun.
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I am bored and I like events. No risk no reward anyway.
Denied
The commanding unit in this event will be an i2 - meaning having an i1 present would cause major damage to the structure of the event.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Mr. Calcium
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:85981754
  • Discord Name & ID: Justanotherguardthatexists #9241
  • Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: HELIX-20
Character Rank: I5
Brief summary of the character: A new member of the CP force who's struggling with the realities of his new occupation.
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: The morality of the Civil Protection has long been something I've wanted to address, and this character participating in this event I feel is a perfect way to showcase that.
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory:A newly accepted member of the Combine's Police force, HELIX-20 has relatively little in-the field experience barring the dramatic events following his first deployment in the ill-fate District 9, as such, he's rather ill prepared for such a mission, but luck may not be on his side...
Accepted
This character fits the desired profile we are looking for this event.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: 0xNiklas
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:424935776
  • Discord Name & ID: 0xNiklas™#5967
  • Timezone: UTC +1
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: VICE-82

Character Rank: I4
Brief summary of the character: New Member of the Civil Protection force, who become used to the brutal reality of the Force. Now seeing the danger of Anti-Citizen elements within his own District, he seems to believe that Resistance could spread. So he signed up for this
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I do it out of spite
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: N/A
Denied
This character's familiarity with brutality makes them an unengaging applicant for this event.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Deverinity
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:192725569
  • Discord Name & ID: Deverinity#4606
  • Timezone: GMT+0
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: VICE-66
Character Rank: INTENTION FIVE
Brief summary of the character: A decently experienced intention five with a background of City Restoration from the CWU, he is incredibly knowledgeable about common combine technology, more than what standard VICE units are taught.

(NOTE: ICly my character is capable to either take apart, put together or repair all standard combine technology including biolocks, terminals, cameras, etc. He just cannot tinker with anything beyond what the combine would’ve realistically taught him such as the citadels core since stalkers work there.)

Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: My chatacter is dead-set to proving his worth to the union, he’s been an I5 for a while and believes attending this and succeeding would look good on him, plus I want to start getting myself into more short stories.

[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: Full character profile

View attachment 19324
Accepted
This character's background in City Restoration and their dedication to the Union makes them an interesting applicant for the event.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name: Taliazure
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67985352
  • Discord Name & ID: taliazure#7480
  • Timezone: Lisbon Time
--- Section Two ---

Character Name: Elyna Liam i1.Judge-02
Character Rank:i1
Brief summary of the character: Elyna Liam is a French officer, el relocated from city 13 soon after her training she was placed here in 24 to work before all the chaos and conflict beetwen the two cities. In city 24 she has excelled, mostly in combat altough suffering great for her promotions.

Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I love to make part of short events as well as believe Elyna would be a good addition, her arsenal is pretty heavy, she's used to combat and pretty experienced in it by all the fights she has been in. She is always ready to sacrifice herself for her cohorts. She will be able to steer her team in the safe direction and ensure their safety.

Back story
Denied
The commanding unit in this event will be an i2 - meaning having an i1 present would cause major damage to the structure of the event.

--- Section One ---

Steam Name:
Gir
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:207807617
Discord Name & ID: Gleparious#5187
Timezone: EST | USA

--- Section Two ---

Character Name: "Rusty" | Judge 12
Character Rank: i5
Brief summary of the character: A rather short man born in the US, he worked from a young age and frequently bounced between jobs, a skill that followed him into after the union occupation, which made him join Civil Protection
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: I want to prove to cp leads that I am competent, both IC and OOC. Also, maybe get a cool reward.
Accepted
--- Section One ---

--- Section Two ---

Character Name: Helix-09, the niner
Character Rank: i3
Brief summary of the character: Former office worker and a loyalist corruption investigation agent, made into a medical unit through training
Why do you want to bring this character to this event?: Due to recent events he's got to prove himself, that and I haven't been in a CP event in a hot minute
[OPTIONAL] Character backstory: Nuh uh
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name:
    MelonHeadzzz
  • Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:128800129
  • Discord Name & ID:
    MelonHeadzzz#8446
  • Timezone:
    UTC-5
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:

Arcibaldo Racozza; C24:i3-XRAY-79

Character Rank:
i3

A once-wise-cracking Maltesian from the balmy, beautiful island of City 48, Arcibaldo Racozza joined the great machine of the Combine because of his feelings of debt and gratitude. The Combine gave him everything the Resonance Cascade took from him; food, shelter, safety... but something's changed in him. After his Memory Replacement, he's no longer who he is. He laughs only at the grim, and feels no sympathy for any who stand beneath the ridges of his jackboot. His life was placed under ransom, and his memory was the price. Now, he's hardly a man, merely a tool... the perfect tool to be thrown into Industrial 24.

I think that XRAY-79 has changed after the Memory Replacement by the late XRAY-0. Not only do I want to contribute to the narrative of the Civil Protection and the Combine, and how they exist in City 24, but I also want this to be part of XRAY-79's character arc. After everything he witnessed under his Memory Replacement, a feverish 'service' sentiment has rooted within him. No longer is this job about some manufactured debt; this job is about duty, and he's here to prove it.​
Denied
Both of these characters are a bit too high rank for the commanding i2 unit to have the desired authoritative effect.

--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name:
  • The_Grass_Man
  • Steam ID:
  • Discord Name & ID:
  • The_Grass_Man#6549
  • Timezone:
  • GMT+2, Italy
--- Section Two ---

Character Name:

JUDGE-68

Character Rank:
i4

Accepted

Applications closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back