Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Actions and Risks - How External Influences on the Totality Harm the Roleplay Process

Joined
Aug 1, 2025
Messages
23
As the District One event has come to a close, I've taken the liberty of drafting out a complaint document (with a focus on a player-led group) during its downtime. The work is split in two parts, with the first being an exposition on the nature of risk and to set some foundational concepts that may be used later; meanwhile, the later part will contain the actual complaint, wherein I will showcase a grouping of behaviour. A few words of note, the exposition is not something inherently unique, as all of us share an understanding of it, but it helps to make some terms explicit, and I want to lay some ideas that may turn into another, more comprehensive work (like a roleplay guide). Also, do not be wary of the lot of unique words or style that I use, as I simply enjoy practicing some creative liberty (and its always good to put in your best effort in anything you create), and I hope it might make the thread less of a slog to go through.


To begin explaining the thesis of the title, I will start with the question: what is an
action? For our purposes, an action is an undertaking of a single character during the roleplay process, to achieve a certain wanted objective of that character. Herein, the successful completion of an action comes with a reward. More often than not, actions usually have a cost associated with them, which is either paid upfront as a prerequisite to taking said action; or, can be incurred in the form of a risk that is applied to the current, and sometimes other future actions. This exposition focuses on that risk and the responsibility of the player to be aware and accept it, whenever they direct their character to take an action.


A
risk manifests in many different ways, throughout the course of the roleplay process. Usually, they come in the form of a counter-action being done against your character, or the unfolding of a branching path which does not favour them. These are the most direct means that a risk may manifest; however, there are cases wherein this manifestation is more insidious in nature. The counter-actions of other characters may not come in direct opposition to yours, and instead, may ferment into disillusionment and resentment. Conspiracies give rise; the respect of good manners is taken away, and people begin to 'notice' you more. Paranoia becomes an everlasting companion, and ignoring its presence will find your character into a corner they will not easily escape from. In the end, what I've described so far could be held up as a truism; although, this explicit definition serves us to easier understand the upcoming concept.


As described, risk comes directly as an opposition (or obstacle) towards our character either from the world itself — or the other participant players. Each
scenic context in the roleplay process proposes to its participants a number of opportunities for action, and as we've stated prior, these actions have an associated cost in the form of a risk of unwanted happenstance. Here I shall coin the term 'Totality of Risk', the grouping of the risks of the all possible actions in the chosen scenic context. The importance of this definition becomes apparent when we observe the attempts of participants (whom we will claim as risk-averse), in trying to manipulate this totality: either through shifting the risk to another, or, in unique cases, the direct reduction of it.


It is important to understand the nature of such
manipulations (or transformations), as being through either internal or external influences. The gold standard for such manipulations is that they stem from the actions of characters, affecting the totality in an organic manner. These internal influences, affect the community perception of the process, by enforcing a context-wide story-cohesion, which informs our perceived risk. Although, external means of influence are also available to us, usually in the form of GM decision, administrative action, or simple player-to-player coordination (more simply, OOC planning). In rare cases, these external means are more preferable than internal methods, as they can force participants to push through a slump, although carrying the risk of harming story-cohesion.


With this, my exposition can finally come to a close, and I can begin the real complaint. As noted in the entry paragraph, this complaint is aimed at specific group, being the Appache-Zoku, and their lead, Shin Okada (played by @ItsLiam). I believe that some of his actions and behaviour have caused harm to the community, i.e.: attempts to influence the totality through external means (although, unsuccessful), and the litigation of grievances with the event staff through improper channels of communication. Each of these actions, to my understanding, have harmed story-cohesion and unjustly undermined the trust of the community towards their event team.


To begin with some background, Appache-Zoku was one of the original gangs of District One when the event had began. My extent of knowledge on their doings is that they primarily engaged in commerce, and renting out property (business and housing alike). However, their plans of reigning control over the District began to seep through to the common eye, once the prize of a Combine Fabricator had been showcased by the Pit. Each gang could sign up a representative, and upon winning the fight, they could claim the spoils (being the Fabricator). Unluckily, their candidate lost the fight, which lead the Appache group to spring into action and try to strong-arm the victor gang into destroying the Fabricator. When such conflict arose, governor Milada (played by @Imperator RAD-X) had intervened to drive some resolution to the issue. In the end, after the ownership of the Fabricator was set to some other organisation for safe-keeping, Milada proposed holding elections for ministerial positions of District One. To note, the Appache had shown a keen interest towards the governor before-hand, and upon being granted the chance of taking a spot in governance, Okada took the immediate opportunity to cement himself as the Minister of Finance.


Long after, Appache-Zoku began being overt and explicit in their actions of entrenching power to their group. They tried to place their own members in other ministerial positions, and grant (untouchable) key employment spots through executive decrees; trying to circumvent a lawful election process by amending the rules of the race while it was in-progress; even trying to silence dissenting opinions through the usage of the Precinct, or strong-arming weaker gang-leads into taking action against their own. This entire conspiracy had come through organically, as actions were taken by player-led characters within the District, and no issue is to be found with it. However, we can find issue when we analyse future events, and begin forming a perception of incongruency between
perceived risk and actual risk.


All the actions I've described so far are obvious plays of power, made to further their own group (the Appache), at the detriment of others. These actions ought to incur a large risk toward the indicted group, as such actions are bound to give rise to resentment. Moreover, there have been individuals, whom have tried to push against the will of the Appache-Zoku, by either acting as obstacles, or fan further flame of disillusionment with their group inside the District One populous. Yet, when I analyse the timeline of events that came before and after these power plays, I can hardly find any such
risk of ever being present. Not only that, I've been witness to a bizarre belief espoused by @ItsLiam, that not only is his character in grand risk, but that the placement of that risk (upon Okada) is actually unjustified.


Herein lie my issues with the behaviour showcased by @ItsLiam: he claims that there is a band of people within the event staff, that have targeted the character of Okada for OOC reasons. All the harassment and obstacles, which have been mere vitriolic broadcasts by player-led characters against Okada, and an /event which indicted his character's actions as spurring up riots, have not happen through organic, story-cohesive actions; instead, they have been devised OOC'ly, to stop Okada from gaining any standing in the political system. Reading through these discussion, @ItsLiam has claimed bad-faith conduct, in-part from the staff leading the event — and in other parts, by the players themselves. These should obviously lead @ItsLiam in being proactive by either contacting the server directorate to elaborating his discontent with how the staff has been acting towards his character, or through a formal complaint post on the forums. Neither of these seem to have occurred, and I've only seen @ItsLiam litigate these issues in public chats, inside the Discord server (and multiple times at that).


Furthermore, it is hard to believe the claims that @ItsLiam makes about targeted harassment, as all such issues seem to have been reconciled in those same public litigations. Server directorate had explained to him that every happen-stance that he had found suspicious, had been mere coincidence. Its even harder to believe that his character had ever been in positions of risk, as during the afro-mentioned riot, he'd come out of it unharmed for the most part. In contrast, the two leaders of the militia, had been severely punished by the Precinct for the riot, wherein: one had came out maimed, while the another was hanged (although, this was due to the desires of the character's owner, rather than a decision of the precinct leads). Everyone was harmed from the aftermath of the riot, but Okada was the least harmed of all, even though the totality should disfavour him, and by his own word that people are calling for his head.


From here on, it should be easy to understand my grievances. From what has happened to Okada, I can only end up with an conflicting perception of the application of risk during the
roleplay process. Overt actions of amassing control are not met with an equal measure of pushback, which ought lead me to believe that the totality of risk is actually much smaller in scale, or is shifted elsewhere. Yet, each action I've taken as my own character, has been anything but. This incongruity is shared by many of the members of the community too, as the story-cohesion seems to be fractured from external influences. And on the part of OOC meddling, the actions of @ItsLiam have been inappropriate, as his constant litigation of grievances through improper channels has given rise to community outrage towards the staff of Willard; of which, had believed they had already reconciled the issues prior, and had been quite proactive in granting goodwill toward @ItsLiam. Its very displeasing to see such behaviour on display, especially when the person has gotten way more goodwill by the staff than anyone else during this event, and yet they still continue to accuse said staff of bad-faithed conduct.


To conclude, I wish to impart a few thoughts to the community – and its presiding staff – on how they should conduct themselves in the future. First and foremost, you as the player are solely responsible for being aware and understanding the risks that come as a result of the actions that you direct your character towards. If you do not do so, you will find yourself participant in many-a-different complaint threads such as this one. Although, in the cases that you do believe wrong-doing has been committed (knowingly or not) towards you or your character, I implore you to litigate such issues through proper channels, so to not sow unnecessary outrage in people whom are not involved. As for the staff, those of you whom lead the great events that we participate in, do not be scared to hand down punishment, as an incoherent story and incongruous application of risk is way more harmful to the larger community. And for those in administrative positions, please be proactive in trying to reconcile issues that prop up in the community and set records straight for everyone else.
 
All the harassment and obstacles, which have been mere vitriolic broadcasts by player-led characters against Okada, and an /event which indicted his character's actions as spurring up riots, have not happen through organic, story-cohesive actions

I do not want to involve myself in this situation but I want to clarify that as a Minister, the /events seemed to make us look big & scary, while I understand the /broadcast can do whatever they wish, /events will always be held with a semblance of truth, and not the perception of a single individual, aka Chuck Brier's opinions.

I did think that the /events were too on the nose, as if we were one-dimensional event characters. The situation happened a long time ago, so I can't really memorise word for word what was said, but that is how I felt about the entire situation.

For example, when Lund was talking about sieging the Railway on /broadcast, the GMs didn't go /event 'The evil Railway will find their fall, the people of District-One strike the drums of war for justice!' The broadcast was the only thing that was one, and henceforth it was a subjective opinion rather than absolute truth (which /events are supposed to dictate)
 
I do not want to involve myself in this situation but I want to clarify that as a Minister, the /events seemed to make us look big & scary, while I understand the /broadcast can do whatever they wish, /events will always be held with a semblance of truth, and not the perception of a single individual, aka Chuck Brier's opinions.

I did think that the /events were too on the nose, as if we were one-dimensional event characters. The situation happened a long time ago, so I can't really memorise word for word what was said, but that is how I felt about the entire situation.

For example, when Lund was talking about sieging the Railway on /broadcast, the GMs didn't go /event 'The evil Railway will find their fall, the people of District-One strike the drums of war for justice!' The broadcast was the only thing that was one, and henceforth it was a subjective opinion rather than absolute truth (which /events are supposed to dictate)

The /event broadcasts only ever named Okada by name, and none of the other ministers. Even while I was participating during the event, the only really contentious Minister had always been Okada. I never heard the same amount of vitriol (if even any) for either Evans, Nadine, nor Freja, and that's with good reason. Neither of those ministers ever did any overt power play over the populous, or other gangs.

In contrast, Okada had put out a really contentious decree which was just across the board tariffs on all consumer products that people use (there is no nation on the world whose populous likes when taxes/tariffs are applied on them). Furthermore, it was plenty obvious to other gang leaders that Okada was doing overt power plays, and they responded in turn. The riot that happened in the Clinic was from a citizen militia with the specific intent to oppose the Appache-Zoku, so it is not really out of the blue for an /event to portray Okada in that light. This had been the case for Loyalist characters in V2, when they enacted despicable decrees and legislature that harmed the average citizen.
 
In contrast, Okada had put out a really contentious decree which was just across the board tariffs on all consumer products that people use (there is no nation on the world whose populous likes when taxes/tariffs are applied on them). Furthermore, it was plenty obvious to other gang leaders that Okada was doing overt power plays, and they responded in turn. The riot that happened in the Clinic was from a citizen militia with the specific intent to oppose the Appache-Zoku, so it is not really out of the blue for an /event to portray Okada in that light.
Incorrect, I vividly remember something along the lines of ''The Oligarchy hates you and cares little for you.' being written in said /events, which I believe is a very blanket statement that it covers basically the only government that exists at the time. While I understand it was something to hype up the moment, people subconsciously believe the /events more than when someone just says it in /broadcasts.

But if you believe that to be the norm, then I'll take your word for it, I don't know the norms and I've only played during District One, I just feel that in other communities, gamemasters tend to be more 'neutral' in opinion.
 
To begin explaining the thesis of the title, I will start with the question: what is an action? For our purposes, an action is an undertaking of a single character during the roleplay process, to achieve a certain wanted objective of that character. Herein, the successful completion of an action comes with a reward. More often than not, actions usually have a cost associated with them, which is either paid upfront as a prerequisite to taking said action; or, can be incurred in the form of a risk that is applied to the current, and sometimes other future actions. This exposition focuses on that risk and the responsibility of the player to be aware and accept it, whenever they direct their character to take an action.


A risk manifests in many different ways, throughout the course of the roleplay process. Usually, they come in the form of a counter-action being done against your character, or the unfolding of a branching path which does not favour them. These are the most direct means that a risk may manifest; however, there are cases wherein this manifestation is more insidious in nature. The counter-actions of other characters may not come in direct opposition to yours, and instead, may ferment into disillusionment and resentment. Conspiracies give rise; the respect of good manners is taken away, and people begin to 'notice' you more. Paranoia becomes an everlasting companion, and ignoring its presence will find your character into a corner they will not easily escape from. In the end, what I've described so far could be held up as a truism; although, this explicit definition serves us to easier understand the upcoming concept.




The only thing I will say about the complaint itself, is regarding this
Herein lie my issues with the behaviour showcased by @@ItsLiam: he claims that there is a band of people within the event staff, that have targeted the character of Okada for OOC reasons.

However right or wrong Liam was in this - I genuinely do not know as this event was not one I was able to find any relevance in - part of this stems from the fact staff/leads have done this kind of thing before within the CCA. So even if he is 100% wrong, I give him some leeway on the subject.
 
Incorrect, I vividly remember something along the lines of ''The Oligarchy hates you and cares little for you.' being written in said /events, which I believe is a very blanket statement that it covers basically the only government that exists at the time. While I understand it was something to hype up the moment, people subconsciously believe the /events more than when someone just says it in /broadcasts.

But if you believe that to be the norm, then I'll take your word for it, I don't know the norms and I've only played during District One, I just feel that in other communities, gamemasters tend to be more 'neutral' in opinion.
It could be that case that I may have misremembered the /event, but the opinion on the street never was such that all Ministers ought to have their heads chopped off. Even in the opposition circles that I was in, the only name that I saw invoked was Okada's. As such, either the people don't really pay much attention to the /events that happen in the server, or they do, but in their mind the "Oligarchy" is Shin Okada. Neither Nadine's name, nor Freja's had ever been invoked as "enemy of the people", and even when they were named in a disliked manner in any conversation, it always had been due to their relation with Okada and not the person themselves. I don't think half the server even knows that Ethan (idk why I said Evans in the prior post) is a minister either.
 



The only thing I will say about the complaint itself, is regarding this


However right or wrong Liam was in this - I genuinely do not know as this event was not one I was able to find any relevance in - part of this stems from the fact staff/leads have done this kind of thing before within the CCA. So even if he is 100% wrong, I give him some leeway on the subject.

No one in the ET/STAFF has ever targeted ItsLiam OOC before regarding CCA. This is projection. I'm tired of this being stated. ET/STAFF has never targeted ItsLiam maliciously or otherwise, either a year and a half ago or now, because of OOC reasons.

It's been insinuated that other staff members or I have held a grudge against ItsLiam for a year and a half for no reason other than him being targeted IC for being a rebel using IC information during a time when I would consider ItsLiam and me to have been friends.

I have always been supportive and an advocate for ItsLiam, but I'm tired of this conspiratorial mindset that he is being targeted and that, somehow, it has any relevance to an arc a year and a half ago when ItsLiam was one of several people being investigated & targeted IC for being a by-then known rebel—something that wasn't even entirely related to the arc, as it was developing before—and people took that personally.

It's incredibly lame.
 
Last edited:
No one in the ET/STAFF has ever targeted ItsLiam OOC before regarding CCA. This is projection.
I don't refer to this event, but past actions in V2. Made relevant by the fact it's still the same people in the driver's seat. Not a measure of ill-will, but just a reality he has mentioned being alert to such things for that very reason, which is justified.
 
It could be that case that I may have misremembered the /event, but the opinion on the street never was such that all Ministers ought to have their heads chopped off. Even in the opposition circles that I was in, the only name that I saw invoked was Okada's. As such, either the people don't really pay much attention to the /events that happen in the server, or they do, but in their mind the "Oligarchy" is Shin Okada. Neither Nadine's name, nor Freja's had ever been invoked as "enemy of the people", and even when they were named in a disliked manner in any conversation, it always had been due to their relation with Okada and not the person themselves. I don't think half the server even knows that Ethan (idk why I said Evans in the prior post) is a minister either.
I see, when I first heard the term 'oligarchy' in that event I presumed that they were referring to the entire government, thank you for clarifying.
 
I don't refer to this event, but past actions in V2. Made relevant by the fact it's still the same people in the driver's seat. Not a measure of ill-will, but just a reality he has mentioned being alert to such things for that very reason, which is justified.
This is literally a conspiracist mindset. Who here is in the driver's seat but me?
 
I don't refer to this event, but past actions in V2. Made relevant by the fact it's still the same people in the driver's seat. Not a measure of ill-will, but just a reality he has mentioned being alert to such things for that very reason, which is justified.
Sure, I do contend that he has reason to suspect OOC collusion when he sees that the same people that opposed him in the past, are opposing him now. He has every right to pursue some type of reconciliation for this, and he did (even if it was in public chats). And even in those prior discussions, he had been reassured, by all parties, CCA and not, that everything that had transpired was IC. Even if I were to assign blame for litigating it in a public chat, rather than DMs with server administration or by making a complaint post on the forums, it did seem that there was genuine goodwill shown to him in that prior discussion and that everything was fine. However, nothing justifies the outburst and outrage that happened after the Clinic riot, since those same issues that were reconciled 5 days prior to it, were brought up once more as proof of OOC harassment and targeting by the same people that shown him goodwill days prior. Furthermore, he completely handwaves the IC of other players in playing part of that riot happening, most of which wasn't the influence of the people whom he'd accused. Its demeaning to all of us who are partaking in the story, that all of it is choked up to "bad-faith OOC coordination", especially when it has been the complete opposite.
 
I see, when I first heard the term 'oligarchy' in that event I presumed that they were referring to the entire government, thank you for clarifying.
I really cannot say what event team could be referring to with that term. It might very well be the entire government (since the term does entail a form of governance), or it could also just be the oligarch group itself.

Nadine is by no way an oligarch, as she has no economic enterprise of her own. The Clinic got requisitioned by the state, so it cannot produce any economic output, unless she decides to do a little bit of corruption.

Freja could be considered one in the past, due to her potato business. Yet, even that one is to be contended, as she would only ask for assistance for tending to the farms, and donate the potatoes to the people.

The only two left are Okada, and Ethan. Appache-Zoku could be poised as a true oligarchic enterprise, as they still owned a store, and seemed to have quite the stream of revenue. As for Ethan... who in their right mind would try to mess with the CWU.
 
Good evening,

I will start out by saying that I didn't want to reply to this first, that is due to the fact that this post goes in detail about IC consequences given to my character, and I didn't want to metagame too much. All I will say about this part is that not everything is what it looks like, regarding my character and their involvement in things. I understand the IC propaganda being made, and a character believing it, but from an OOC perspective, not everything is what it looks like.

I will respond to the rest of the thread though, considering that I think it's good to be open in the communication, and that I shouldn't just let something like this foster, without giving my own input.

I don't want to go into an entire thing regarding what is true, what isn't true, what I should've/shouldn't have done, because the truth is, you're correct. I shouldn't have been complaining so much, and I shouldn't have taken things into OOC considerations when it happens IC. I can't disparage this fact, and I can't try to make an excuse on it. You're completely correct in what you're saying, and I think you're right to say something about it.

To the people involved in this, which also encompasses @Kamilisha Haijulikani, Reece (can't ping him) and @Divine, I would like to use this opportunity to publicly apologize for my behavior. I got heated when things seemed to go completely against all reasoning to me, and I couldn't fathom an actual explanation to what was happening. I was immature in my handlings of the situation, and that rather than using proper channels, I decided to let my annoyances take the better of myself, and lash out in an inconsiderate and flatly wrong way.

I would also understand it if just an apology isn't enough for all disruptive things to blow over, but I hope that this could be a good start. I don't want to have an issue with anyone on an OOC basis, especially outside-of-willard, because at the end of the day, we're all just playing a silly Garry's Mod server, and we're all trying to write a good story.

My apologies to everybody involved, and I will make sure to take steps so that an incident like this won't reoccur.
 
Good evening,

I will start out by saying that I didn't want to reply to this first, that is due to the fact that this post goes in detail about IC consequences given to my character, and I didn't want to metagame too much. All I will say about this part is that not everything is what it looks like, regarding my character and their involvement in things. I understand the IC propaganda being made, and a character believing it, but from an OOC perspective, not everything is what it looks like.

I will respond to the rest of the thread though, considering that I think it's good to be open in the communication, and that I shouldn't just let something like this foster, without giving my own input.

I don't want to go into an entire thing regarding what is true, what isn't true, what I should've/shouldn't have done, because the truth is, you're correct. I shouldn't have been complaining so much, and I shouldn't have taken things into OOC considerations when it happens IC. I can't disparage this fact, and I can't try to make an excuse on it. You're completely correct in what you're saying, and I think you're right to say something about it.

To the people involved in this, which also encompasses @Kamilisha Haijulikani, Reece (can't ping him) and @Divine, I would like to use this opportunity to publicly apologize for my behavior. I got heated when things seemed to go completely against all reasoning to me, and I couldn't fathom an actual explanation to what was happening. I was immature in my handlings of the situation, and that rather than using proper channels, I decided to let my annoyances take the better of myself, and lash out in an inconsiderate and flatly wrong way.

I would also understand it if just an apology isn't enough for all disruptive things to blow over, but I hope that this could be a good start. I don't want to have an issue with anyone on an OOC basis, especially outside-of-willard, because at the end of the day, we're all just playing a silly Garry's Mod server, and we're all trying to write a good story.

My apologies to everybody involved, and I will make sure to take steps so that an incident like this won't reoccur.
I don't want and never needed an apology. I don't like apologies, formal or otherwise. This was settled weeks ago, and I'm only bringing it up now because RedHotGinger keeps casting skepticism on me and others by insinuating we're targeting people, that we have a propensity to do so, and that we've targeted ItsLiam before.

I've tried to alleviate or dismiss this skepticism before, but it's becoming tiresome when anything negative I or others in or around CCA/ET/STAFF do that detrimentally affects someone's character is immediately declared malicious or targeted and compared to the CCA arc.

I don't want people reacting to this message with agree reacts, because it annoys me that I'm still part of this while also being on the receiving end of an apology for a complaint that isn't even mine, which makes me seem complicit in something I want no attachment to. My opinions/replies were meant for RedHotGinger and weren't a criticism of ItsLiam.

edit: just to clarify, not criticizing itsliam. I'm not part of this complaint against ItsLiam. I'm just more so exhausted that I keep being mentioned or that I'm being apologized to when this isn't my complaint, and I have no issue here.
 
Last edited:
V2 Kamil - as I said.
It's not even a debate that people OOCly muddled in CCA stuff in v2.
Never mentioned your name once. You're just assuming I'm talking about you, despite us talking about this before.
 
V2 Kamil - as I said.
It's not even a debate that people OOCly muddled in CCA stuff in v2.
Never mentioned your name once. You're just assuming I'm talking about you, despite us talking about this before.
Made relevant by the fact it's still the same people in the driver's seat.
It's hard not to make assumptions when you say things like this.

I need to ask: who do you think this refers to? Because nothing is connecting these two events other than me. Either you're generalizing and blaming uninvolved staff who have zero connection to that CCA arc, or you're blaming me.

It's comments like these that get on my nerves because you've been making them for the past several weeks, and as someone at the heart of both matters, how else am I supposed to interpret them but as an insinuation that I or CCA/STAFF/ET are maliciously targeting ItsLiam?

You're tying completely unrelated situations together, and it is in part obviously because I'm involved, whether you intended for it or not, because there is no one else this could possibly relate to; otherwise, there is no reason to make that comparison or state more explicitly that it's the "same people in the driver's seat" then targeting ItsLiam now, when Liam was never targeted in v2, unless what you mean is that these "people" target people in general.
 
Last edited:
this post wasn't even about me.
I mentioned it because Liam was also heavily bothered by what transpired back then.
Now he believed similar stuff was happening after being sensitive to it as a result. (My perspective following early talks)

It is not nearly as deep as you want it to be. It's not about you, if it's not about you. That simple.

No further replies from me on the subject.
 
this post wasn't even about me.
I mentioned it because Liam was also heavily bothered by what transpired back then.
Now he believed similar stuff was happening after being sensitive to it as a result. (My perspective following early talks)

It is not nearly as deep as you want it to be. It's not about you, if it's not about you. That simple.
Made relevant by the fact it's still the same people in the driver's seat.
1790334794694.png
 
I really cannot say what event team could be referring to with that term. It might very well be the entire government (since the term does entail a form of governance), or it could also just be the oligarch group itself.

Nadine is by no way an oligarch, as she has no economic enterprise of her own. The Clinic got requisitioned by the state, so it cannot produce any economic output, unless she decides to do a little bit of corruption.

Freja could be considered one in the past, due to her potato business. Yet, even that one is to be contended, as she would only ask for assistance for tending to the farms, and donate the potatoes to the people.

The only two left are Okada, and Ethan. Appache-Zoku could be poised as a true oligarchic enterprise, as they still owned a store, and seemed to have quite the stream of revenue. As for Ethan... who in their right mind would try to mess with the CWU.
I think the 'The Oligarchy hates you' /event was written by me because I thought it sounded cool, I don't think I mentioned a specific person, and I think I wrote it in a way that reflects the anger of the streets instead of pure facts 📠
 
Good evening,

I will start out by saying that I didn't want to reply to this first, that is due to the fact that this post goes in detail about IC consequences given to my character, and I didn't want to metagame too much. All I will say about this part is that not everything is what it looks like, regarding my character and their involvement in things. I understand the IC propaganda being made, and a character believing it, but from an OOC perspective, not everything is what it looks like.

I will respond to the rest of the thread though, considering that I think it's good to be open in the communication, and that I shouldn't just let something like this foster, without giving my own input.

I don't want to go into an entire thing regarding what is true, what isn't true, what I should've/shouldn't have done, because the truth is, you're correct. I shouldn't have been complaining so much, and I shouldn't have taken things into OOC considerations when it happens IC. I can't disparage this fact, and I can't try to make an excuse on it. You're completely correct in what you're saying, and I think you're right to say something about it.

To the people involved in this, which also encompasses @Kamilisha Haijulikani, Reece (can't ping him) and @Divine, I would like to use this opportunity to publicly apologize for my behavior. I got heated when things seemed to go completely against all reasoning to me, and I couldn't fathom an actual explanation to what was happening. I was immature in my handlings of the situation, and that rather than using proper channels, I decided to let my annoyances take the better of myself, and lash out in an inconsiderate and flatly wrong way.

I would also understand it if just an apology isn't enough for all disruptive things to blow over, but I hope that this could be a good start. I don't want to have an issue with anyone on an OOC basis, especially outside-of-willard, because at the end of the day, we're all just playing a silly Garry's Mod server, and we're all trying to write a good story.

My apologies to everybody involved, and I will make sure to take steps so that an incident like this won't reoccur.

There’s nothing an apology will do for me. I already gave up, and abandoned the very idea of playing the event or the post-event. I disconnected myself from the game entirely because people like Nora and Nezoose wouldn’t stop badgering me with some insinuation that I was targeting you, and people like RedHot who keep flinging around "CCA Arc" like he made a college-level thesis about the damn event and it’s the only meaningful thing to him.

V2 Kamil - as I said.
It's not even a debate that people OOCly muddled in CCA stuff in v2.
Never mentioned your name once. You're just assuming I'm talking about you, despite us talking about this before.

And for you, I don’t know why you’re trying to obfuscate or fall back now. You definitely were referring to me and Kamil, bud.
 
Back
Top