- Joined
- Sep 24, 2021
- Messages
- 1,254
- Thread Author
- #1
By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
SignUp Now!Where are you shoving your request device at this moment, if not in your pocket?
thats the ideaI think a more interesting and important change would be if depending on your clothing, a couple of spots in your inventory are considered "hidden"
You can obviously already RP hiding items but since smuggling stuff in and out the city is heavily discouraged by the high reliance on pure good faith, some mechanics to reinforce it might be beneficial
An interesting idea to diversify gameplay. Of course, I imagine that these "hidden" spots shouldn't be too large to prevent, for example, smuggling a computer in a regular shirt. The concept of restricting inventory space based on clothing is also intriguing. I just think there might be an issue where players playing as rebels would only wear the same clothes that maximize their inventory space. Presumably, these outfits would only differ in color, but that's just a thought that came to mind.I think a more interesting and important change would be if depending on your clothing, a couple of spots in your inventory are considered "hidden"
You can obviously already RP hiding items but since smuggling stuff in and out the city is heavily discouraged by the high reliance on pure good faith, some mechanics to reinforce it might be beneficial
that's why I'm thinking it'll be enough that you could smuggle something the size of a cigarette or a baggie maybe a few bullets or something.An interesting idea to diversify gameplay. Of course, I imagine that these "hidden" spots shouldn't be too large to prevent, for example, smuggling a computer in a regular shirt. The concept of restricting inventory space based on clothing is also intriguing. I just think there might be an issue where players playing as rebels would only wear the same clothes that maximize their inventory space. Presumably, these outfits would only differ in color, but that's just a thought that came to mind.![]()
I was just imagining this, or you could also create a system where each piece of clothing could have its own smuggling capacity (as mentioned earlier, but I had to mention it again), but the more we fill that capacity, the greater the chance of detection by law enforcement. Additionally, this would prevent the smuggling skill from reaching a maximum level for everyone at level 20; instead, the higher the level, the greater the chance of avoiding detection of illegal items. At least this skill would have a broader application than just for trading.that's why I'm thinking it'll be enough that you could smuggle something the size of a cigarette or a baggie maybe a few bullets or something.
Just enough that a careless CP officer might let it slip through his/her grasp
Declined
We pondered this in the past but the inventory is a notorious tricky beast to adjust, it took a lot of work to even get where we are now in the current inventory, gonna need to decline as it'd be a lot of dev work for overall a minor thing