pyromancer
Member
- Joined
- Mar 4, 2024
- Messages
- 43
- Thread Author
- #1
One thing that's always irked me is that it feels like only certain weapons or equipment actually shows on your character when equipped in third-person and it's completely inconsistent, probably as a result of the merging of weapon packs and removals of others since they've not been touched up or had a pass with regards to this fact for a long while
If the process could be explained (as willard doesn't use pac3 for this as was traditional on other servers) I'm more than willing to manually go in and adjust everything and provide all the values to the development team so that they can be plugged in and implemented, as it's a shame that most weapons vanish out of sight when you're not actively holding them considering you're not shooting them 70% of the time - this would also prevent the accidenal equipping of things as I'm more than sure people have ran into cameras with guns equipped by accident because they couldn't see them on their character's model
Some of the positioning on stuff that does work could be changed too, as things like the bastard-gun for example, sit very strangely on your model and could do with some tweaking
If anybody from the development team is willing to contact me to go more in depth with this I'm more than happy to work with them alongside to do a pass to get everything working nicely as the process I used for my own project was very different to how it's presumably done on here [we used pac3 with different variables manually set for different types of models, namely male and female models with an entirely seperate one for cops/combine factions to prevent clipping]
Might be more effort than it's worth but I'm willing to do the heavy lifting of manually positioning everything (because I know how much of a pain in the ass it is) and would just need some pointers and somebody to plug in the values
If the process could be explained (as willard doesn't use pac3 for this as was traditional on other servers) I'm more than willing to manually go in and adjust everything and provide all the values to the development team so that they can be plugged in and implemented, as it's a shame that most weapons vanish out of sight when you're not actively holding them considering you're not shooting them 70% of the time - this would also prevent the accidenal equipping of things as I'm more than sure people have ran into cameras with guns equipped by accident because they couldn't see them on their character's model
Some of the positioning on stuff that does work could be changed too, as things like the bastard-gun for example, sit very strangely on your model and could do with some tweaking
If anybody from the development team is willing to contact me to go more in depth with this I'm more than happy to work with them alongside to do a pass to get everything working nicely as the process I used for my own project was very different to how it's presumably done on here [we used pac3 with different variables manually set for different types of models, namely male and female models with an entirely seperate one for cops/combine factions to prevent clipping]
Might be more effort than it's worth but I'm willing to do the heavy lifting of manually positioning everything (because I know how much of a pain in the ass it is) and would just need some pointers and somebody to plug in the values