GopnikPizzafox
Active member
- Joined
- Jun 25, 2022
- Messages
- 104
- Thread Author
- #1

Name: Alex Scherbina
Age: 22
Occupation: Civil Worker's Union - Senior Worker [Infestation Control]
Ethnicity: Serb (Russian father)
Status: ALIVE
Current Location: Industrial 17
Family Relations:
Father: Nikolai Scherbina - DECEASED
Mother: Danijela Bogdanović - ALIVE
Medical Info:
Diseases: N/A
Mental Condition: STABLE
Notable Physical Traits: Was sterilized following a negative encounter with corrupt Civil Protection officers by a bullet to the groin.
Personality Traits: Cynical, Temperamental, Sarcastic, Protective of Close Friends and Associates
Misc. Info:
Likes: Music, Art, Reading, Spending time with friends and trusted associates, Good and Hard workers
Dislikes: Corruption, Negligent and Incompetent Politicians, Uncooperative and generally Incompetent labourers, Dishonest people
Faction Relations:
Loved | Admired | Respected | Liked | Neutral | Disliked | Hated | Disbanded
Loyalists: Bit of a mixed bag with these people, to be honest. I work with them a lot in the CWU, or as people who order from us, and while I've met some very good and respectable people there, I've also met some ass-kissers who only care about their own personal advancement in society. I can't really blame them for being that way though, what with how things are these days.
Vuente's Enforcers: So, this was my old job before joining the CWU. Honestly, you can say what you want about Vuente and the old corrupt leadership of i17, and believe me, I wasn't particularly fond of any of those people myself, but us Enforcers were very far down the chain, we were just interested in making a living in this river of shit known as Industrial 17. All of us were on good terms with each other, and I'm still friends with all the other ex-Enforcers. I'm just happy we all made it out alive from that whole mess and don't have to worry about any particularly gruesome consequences for our association with Vuente.
Civil Worker's Union: These people took me in after that whole gig with Vuente ended as predictably bad as it did. While you could say there's some people in it that I don't always get along with, that's fine, because as far as I'm concerned, CWU's like my family here now. I'll forever be grateful to them for giving me employment, and I respect a lot of the people in it's leadership, and as far as I'm concerned, this district wouldn't even be running at all without us. After all, what's the point of an industrial district without any organized labour to make it work?
Civil Medical Union: All in all, you people are good eggs. I deeply respect how you manage to get much of anything done with only a few people available at a time, and hell, you saved my ass once too and don't ask questions. So yeah, all in all, glad to have you people around.
Universal Union: The Union gets my respect, because if not for them, there probably wouldn't be any humans left on Earth today. Sure, we may be living in hard times right now, but the Union is far, far more evolved than we are in terms of societal development, so as far as I'm concerned, best thing we can do is to try and emulate them and make ourselves more like how they want us to be, so we may one day also become a space-faring civilization.
Combine Civil Administration: The CCA, on the other hand, oh my sweet good lord. Now, I know what some people might say. "Oh, they're only human" and that kind of stuff. Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? Bunch of corrupt idiots who can't even manage a single fucking district without running it into the ground, if not for the rest of us around them who are keeping the place running in spite of all their bullshit. Not only was the first administrator, Vuente (my former employer), a corrupt narcissist and a criminal, but we're on our third fucking administrator right now. Not only that, but the Maritime Ministry people are the absolute fucking worst, always making us do dangerous work out on Shell Beach that almost gets people killed. How are we suppose to get the citizens' trust if they keep having us do this kind of bullshit?
Bureau of Research and Investigation: Please stop sending us orders to produce shit we don't have the specs on, or the proper equipment to produce it with. Seriously, if we have to deal with another "resin situation" as I call it, I'm gonna kill somebody. Thank you.
Civil Protection: See, under normal circumstances, I'd respect that you people are trying to enforce the law around here and generally keep things civil and keep some sense of normalcy around here, and I still somewhat do, but the CPs in Industrial 17 at least are some of the most corrupt motherfuckers I've seen. Half of them were in Vuente's pocket, and then after they got their asses purged, a few of them are still out there making life worse for ordinary citizens, though I will admit that things have mostly calmed as far as the corrupt behavior is concerned since the first judgement waiver. That being said, I do still have a bit of a personal grudge against Civil Protection in Industrial 17 for giving me an unwanted, unsanctioned neutering. To the two officers that made me go through that: Sincerely, fuck you, and I hope you two motherfuckers get impaled by hydras.
Overwatch Transhuman Arm: Well, I do see them semi-regularly, considering they patrol the catwalks that I have to take to get to my apartment, and well, yeah, they're kinda scary. Still though, despite the unnerving vibe they can have, and their generally unsocial attitude towards the citizenry, I do have to say that I kind of admire them a bit, at least compared to Civil Protection. These guys at least will carry out whatever orders they're given without question, and will carry them out with a fairly remarkable efficiency most of the time. And besides, they didn't shoot me in the fucking dick unlike the CPs.
Citizens: Not much to say here for the most part. They're just the regular people of this district, trying to learn how to swim in the river of shit that is Industrial 17. They can be good, bad, or anything in between, but for the most part I don't really give a shit about the citizens as a whole, they're alright. That being said, the citizens here in Industrial 17 are often pretty fucking stupid, to be honest. Like, actually fucking braindead. I don't think you understand just how many times we've had to deal with uncooperative, incompetent and generally moronic labourers during our work shifts with the CWU. Oh my god, they'll carry so much damn trash into the shifts too, like, what are they thinking? Aside from that though, for the citizens that aren't complete idiots, you people are fine, I don't really care about you if we don't know each other.
Outcasts: Ok, you may think I'm being a bit harsh, and to be honest, I've talked to them sometimes myself, but honestly, they've been getting more uppity and aggressive lately. They've vandalized the True Citizen's Library twice, and in general they tend to be distrustful of anyone who's a loyalist, or otherwise associated with the government in some way, including us CWU workers. Seriously, you guys need to chill out and shut the fuck up, otherwise I wouldn't complain about you people.
Vortigaunts: I haven't interacted with enough of them to have a concrete opinion on them, but from the behaviors I've seen from them as an uninvolved bystander, they're just people like the rest of us, really. The only difference being that they can all communicate with each other at once, but still. I don't see them being inherently malicious or anything, just saints and dicks, like us humans, despite their pseudo-hive mind.
Rebels: See, I can somewhat understand where you guys are coming from, because, let's be real, the CCA are a bunch of corrupt and incompetent idiots for the most part. That slight slither of respect I have for you is, however, largely overshadowed by the fact that at least some of you seem to resort to terrorism against civilians (mainly loyalists, but still) and tend to get bystanders killed as a result. Not only that, but your sabotage of the city's air con systems and such also harms ALL of us, and also means us CWU workers have extra work to do fixing your bullshit sabotage. All in all, you can fuck off and stay in the sewers where you belong and inhale spores or something, and if you all dropped dead one day, I wouldn't shed a tear for you people. You fucking idiots.
Personal Relations:
Loved | Admired | Respected | Liked | Neutral | Disliked | Hated | Deceased
Atlas Renner: You're one of the first people I've actually gotten to know since arriving in Industrial 17, and while I think you can be kind of weird sometimes, I have to say, we've been through quite a bit together. Almost got killed by corrupt CPs, survived the whole Vuente affair together as Enforcers. You've been a good friend, and even though I haven't seen you around much since a bit after the Vuente shit, I hope you're doing well and living a decent life, wherever you are.
Edward Riggs: You and I met when I joined Vuente's Enforcers, and we've been together on basically two jobs now. While you can be a bit insensitive to certain situations, or simply don't act serious sometimes when you really should, in general I think you're a good and cool guy, you're pretty funny when you want to be, and you've done good work for the CWU with me as well. It's a shame you resigned recently, I still don't know why that happened, maybe I'll find out soon. In any case, I wish you luck on your writing career and hope you do well wherever you end up after Industrial 17, and hopefully we'll see each other again soon, too.
Soonmi Han: I don't have any particularly strong feelings towards her, but she was part of the original group with me and Atlas, and also Edward, when we were Enforcers. Since she's managed to survive so long, and also because of her admiration for hard work and doing more honest kinds of work, I respect her, she's alright in my book. I also haven't seen here since a bit after the whole shit with Vuente. Hope you're doing well wherever you are, Soonmi.
Former Administrator Reyes Vuente: My old boss. Well, not really, our actual boss was Mr. White, but Vuente was in charge of the cartel as a whole. That man was a slimy, narcissistic prick, who liked to do things dirty. Now, I can play dirty myself, and I think it's ok to do so, but that depends on the goals. And Vuente, well, he was pretty much the source of Industrial 17's corruption when I first arrived. Frankly, I'm glad he's out of our hairs now, good riddance, I say. Means we can actually try and get this district to a somewhat coherent state now, without him and his cronies around anymore.
Frederick White: My actual former boss. Us enforcers worked directly under him, and took orders from him. I never really got to know him, but he worked for Vuente, and besides that, was just another one of those CCA types anyway. I don't really care about him much, he was just another slimy politician and criminal. Whatever.
Administrator Grace Joy: She was the CWU director when I joined. She can be a bit overbearing sometimes, but in general I have a lot of respect for her, for giving me the opportunity to work with the CWU and make a more honest living compared to working for Vuente, or at least, working on the side of the law and for the Union. When she became the administrator, I actually felt a bit hopeful. She's an honest woman, and does genuinely want to clean this place up, and make it an actual model district for the Union. It's a tall fucking order, but I respect her for actually trying to do something to make this place more liveable. I hope her career lasts for a long time, and remains successful.
Director Juan Guerrero: Another man that I have a lot of respect for. He's done good work running the CWU since his promotion, I'm glad he's our boss. He always does his best to give us all the resources we need to do our job, and I honestly feel like he often feels sick of the CCA's bullshit too. It's a tough job, and it must suck mingling with those idiots, but he's done a good job so far, as far as I'm concerned.
Vice Director Samuel Rey Vega: Another pretty decent guy, I think he does good work as Vice Director, but I don't have any particularly strong feelings or opinions about him. He's alright.
Michael Hoxworth: The man's been through a lot, what can I say? He tried to kill himself during his time in Industrial 17, and to be honest, I don't blame him, this place has a tendency to crush people's spirits, moreso than most other cities. I think he does good work for the CWU, and I'm glad he's managed to recover a bit since the suicide attempt, but I don't think he'll be the same after that. I don't really consider him a friend or anything, but I do like him and respect him, and I hope he gets to go home to City 24 soon and get away from the mess here.
Matthew Harrison: Real mixed opinions on Matt, honestly. I think he's generally an alright person, and I respect him a lot for being a hard worker and getting himself promoted to management so quickly, but I also have to say that I think he's let the position go to his head a bit. He can be a bit weird sometimes too, but I don't really hold that against him. I just hope he doesn't turn into some self-absorbed bigshot wannabe just because he's in management now.
Last edited: