- Joined
- Nov 13, 2022
- Messages
- 583
- Thread Author
- #1
I recognize that the bulk supply crates are mainly related to the CWU faction as well as stores and other factions buying stock to be used or sold and so forth. A change that was recently made was that only people within the CWU faction could only open supply crates, forbidding any other not on that whitelist (To my knowledge, I might be wrong)
This, in my opinion has greatly bottlenecked these items which were originally created as a way of easily ordering a mass amount of goods quickly and easily and in this one specific scenario you would have that worker on hand to help you out. However, I can think of a plethora of situations that these crates could be obtained, either via just outright buying them and being left to open them up by yourself, finding them on an expo, being handed to subordinates in another faction buying them from a BMD and so on, people would go to open the crate only for "You do not have the correct permissions to open this" to appear in the top right corner.
All I'm proposing is that return the crates back to their old status where anyone was able to open them without restriction (Code in using a toolkit or something if you wish) so people don't have to hold onto these items and await for a CWU worker to come around and open the crates as I can recall on the recent E-24 map a few bulk crates came into circulation and no one was able to open them, even Civil Protection as part of the coding.
"But why not just call a GM? Surely that's a feasible loop-hole?"
I really can't see why a person would need to request a GM just to pry open a wooden crate for the goods they've bought or obtained.
This, in my opinion has greatly bottlenecked these items which were originally created as a way of easily ordering a mass amount of goods quickly and easily and in this one specific scenario you would have that worker on hand to help you out. However, I can think of a plethora of situations that these crates could be obtained, either via just outright buying them and being left to open them up by yourself, finding them on an expo, being handed to subordinates in another faction buying them from a BMD and so on, people would go to open the crate only for "You do not have the correct permissions to open this" to appear in the top right corner.
All I'm proposing is that return the crates back to their old status where anyone was able to open them without restriction (Code in using a toolkit or something if you wish) so people don't have to hold onto these items and await for a CWU worker to come around and open the crates as I can recall on the recent E-24 map a few bulk crates came into circulation and no one was able to open them, even Civil Protection as part of the coding.
"But why not just call a GM? Surely that's a feasible loop-hole?"
I really can't see why a person would need to request a GM just to pry open a wooden crate for the goods they've bought or obtained.