vilhjalmrf
MCP Agent / Combine Killer
- Joined
- Sep 8, 2021
- Messages
- 648
- Thread Author
- #1
Like my other past before, I encourage you all to stay on topic and not to derail or shitpost. Note that this is not a suggestion, just merely want thoughts from the community and CMs and see if maybe this is something we can switch over to even with how unlikely it may seem.
Social Credits
@Conair has given me some things to think about as I tuned in to his discussions and arguments (truthfully not fully as there was so much going on that I just couldn't pay attention anymore). In short to what the argument is that I can remember from discussions is participating in a workshift does not equal to loyalty, it doesn't contribute or promote roleplay, motivates players to grind and treat it as a grind, or even demotivates them not to do anything else. This was half-assed but the gist of it seemingly. This can be considered a mindset issue of the player but regardless I just want to gather thoughts on the matter and I'm interested onto what 'alternatives' people may have thought up.
Truth be told, I really have no concrete concept alternative for social credits. Only an idea that was just made up in my head an hour ago. Might've been a thing of the past already but regardless, what I'm going to suggest is not fully thought out yet. So if you like, you can introduce your own idea or add onto mine. My alternative is 'Commendations'. I'll start with the basic which is how you earn commendations. Commendations are earned through notoriety for good deeds you committed that isn't partaking in one singular work shift or going to a workdesk only just to be handed a broom and sweep a floor.
The criteria of what a good civic deed that earns you a commendation is up to debate. Other than that, how it compares to Social Credits is it won't be a grindy and/or large sum of social credits you must earn. Hopefully it may promote roleplay instead of waiting for a shift to open up or for an officer to man the desk.
And each x amount of commendations determines what you are eligible for. For example: 1 commendation makes you eligible for stall store ownership, 2 commendations makes you eligible for CWU/CMU/Store Building ownership, 3 commendations makes you eligible for the BRI/MoE and a raise in credits you may get from using the ration machine, 4 commendations makes you eligible for Civil Protection and puts you under pending for the Collaborator's Party but must go through an interview and so on.
Social Credits
@Conair has given me some things to think about as I tuned in to his discussions and arguments (truthfully not fully as there was so much going on that I just couldn't pay attention anymore). In short to what the argument is that I can remember from discussions is participating in a workshift does not equal to loyalty, it doesn't contribute or promote roleplay, motivates players to grind and treat it as a grind, or even demotivates them not to do anything else. This was half-assed but the gist of it seemingly. This can be considered a mindset issue of the player but regardless I just want to gather thoughts on the matter and I'm interested onto what 'alternatives' people may have thought up.
Truth be told, I really have no concrete concept alternative for social credits. Only an idea that was just made up in my head an hour ago. Might've been a thing of the past already but regardless, what I'm going to suggest is not fully thought out yet. So if you like, you can introduce your own idea or add onto mine. My alternative is 'Commendations'. I'll start with the basic which is how you earn commendations. Commendations are earned through notoriety for good deeds you committed that isn't partaking in one singular work shift or going to a workdesk only just to be handed a broom and sweep a floor.
The criteria of what a good civic deed that earns you a commendation is up to debate. Other than that, how it compares to Social Credits is it won't be a grindy and/or large sum of social credits you must earn. Hopefully it may promote roleplay instead of waiting for a shift to open up or for an officer to man the desk.
And each x amount of commendations determines what you are eligible for. For example: 1 commendation makes you eligible for stall store ownership, 2 commendations makes you eligible for CWU/CMU/Store Building ownership, 3 commendations makes you eligible for the BRI/MoE and a raise in credits you may get from using the ration machine, 4 commendations makes you eligible for Civil Protection and puts you under pending for the Collaborator's Party but must go through an interview and so on.