Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Andrew Manson - A broken man behind a mask of kindness

JayHog1992

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Messages
54
Andrew Manson
A broken man behind a mask of kindness.

Write your character’s overall description here.

A middle aged man with brown hair on the verge of turning gray. Average height and usually wears the usual jumpsuit unless on the job.
​
NAME Andrew Manson
ALIAS The Doctor
NICKNAMES None at the moment.
CID #96170
GENDER Male
AGE Around mid 40s.
DATE OF BIRTH Forgotten.
PLACE OF BIRTH Scotland
CURRENT LOCATION City 24
EDUCATION Medical Degree
OCCUPATION Doctor

-BACKSTORY-
Born in Scotland, the boy worked hard to get a degree, eventually moving to England at a young age where he got most of his mannerism.

He studied hard to eventually obtain a medical degree, with the ignorant hope of being able to help everyone, so when hospitals weren’t hiring, he took a chance with the Red Cross for years. It was a difficult life, but one he enjoyed.

One day, a mission in the middle east went sour as the mission got forced into a firefight between soldiers of the US and the locals. The man panicked and eventually did the unthinkable.

Ever since that day, he quit the Red Cross and drank himself unconscious several times. Funny enough, he slept through the 7 hour war, thinking that the aftermath was a vision of a broken world, one created to house his sins.

Up to this day, he still believes he died that day during the war from alcoholism, but part of him just keeps trying to do his one job in hopes that divines will grant him mercy in death.


-FAMILY-
MOTHER:
Forgotten.
FATHER: Forgotten.
SIBLINGS: None or forgotten.​
-APPEARANCE-
A ragged middle aged man, usually wearing a jumpsuit. Sporting a brown hair with a fitting soft shade of beard. The effects of aging are shown properly on his being, especially the indication of tiredness or just struggling to sleep whenever he says something incoherent.

-PERSONALITY-
On the outside, always acts with proper British mannerism and politeness, even in the face of disrespect. Can see some goodness in the eyes of others and a hope they’ll do better. But it’s all a facade to the public. Underneath, the man has lost hope of anything in his life. Every accomplishment just feels like a false stepping stone to a better afterlife.

-LIKES AND INTERESTS-
Newspaper puzzles and a good book to read. Also likes to help people to better lives, including their own health.

-DISLIKES AND AVOIDANCES-
Failures of his own doing. He also freezes up at gunshots nearby, going into a full PTSD episode if he has to work under fire..​



-RELATIONSHIPS-​

LOVES ADMIRES RESPECTS BEST FRIEND FRIEND ACQUAINTANCE DISTRUSTS DISLIKES HATES DECEASED​

Samir Ibn Al-Farouqi
One of my coworkers at the CMU, also my teacher in pharmacology. A man of good faith and also understanding. The random hug was a bit awkward though…

Final update: I heard you got dismissed from the CMU, whenever you went, hope you have success, old chap.
Perley Schmachding
Helped me get sorted into the CMU and we both worked to join. What happened to him was dreadful, but licensed or not, I trust him to save a life at any time.

Final update: Heard about the shenanigans with rebels, I’m… Still processing my fate outside the city, but whatever happens with you, wish you a good journey.
Wyatt Callaway
Politics were never my forte, but a man casually entering areas can be unnerving. I’m sure there’s always a reason behind his actions, so I’ve learned not to question it.

Final update: Alas, poor Yorick, an old tale as time, and your death was just as dramatic. Most folks never seem to like you, but I speak no ill of the death.
Edward M. Urey
Never actually met the man, but something about him disturbs me. Is he blackmailing the Dean? What kind of man has enough influence to make an important figure heel and obey commands?

Final update: Never saw him again, hopefully it’s for a reassuring reason…
Eleanor Marchand
The dean of the CMU, an oddity to see such an important woman as a blackband. Whatever it may have passed, I will not ask, but will still respect her for her position.

Final update: Saw you around the bunker for a while, guess I should appreciate your earlier warning to leave the city with as many medical supplies as possible. Goodness can wonder what would happen if I didn’t…
Stephanie Roberts
The director of the CMU, I trust her to be able to run things and to make the right decisions. Yet to be given a reason to doubt her leadership and medical skills.

Final update: With everything in disarray, we never got your leadership much, I can’t even remember if we spoke ever since the pager days…
Elsa Becker
A loyalist among many. We don’t chat much, but I know she has her role in the city and is a busy woman. I often just give her short respectful acknowledging acts and have us both on our way.

Final update: Have heard you were along the rebellion, but haven’t caught wind of you ever since. Could had swore I heard your voice once…

 
Last edited:
Back
Top