Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ban Request - Overescalation/ScriptPlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

New member
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
1
Your Steam Name: VeteranGerald
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:57011800

Their Steam Name(s):
Not Sure
Their SteamID('s):
Not sure
Do you know their Discord or Forum name(s)?:
No
Why do you want them to be banned?:
I don't really care if they are banned or not, but I would at least appreciate some administrative action.
How long do you think they should be banned for?:
Whatever the conclusion of the rulebreak is, personally I consider Freedom of Roleplay, Powergaming, and Heist, Raids, Scam, are the three main violations. I don't know the ban lengths of these.
Evidence to support your reasoning (Evidence must be clear and it could be logs, pictures or video):
aaa2338dc906962d9cdb5bea203ac1da.png

de22266587762632ad449359fedcf772.png


8a8d6988f8ecb0869dd3160b69c54313.jpg

897a1d7d4c825b5f4cb1068442963c63.png

48d11be2bbd750328d3e26fe28451842.jpg

The screenshots are in order of items lost, civil protection unit involved and as well as the combat logs, etc. The console logs capture the start of the interaction but not the end of it, but a summary was that I was robbed and NLR'd so that I could not have my character retaliate later on at all. I believe this to be a poor interaction overall, as my character here did not escalate at all. This was my second significant RP encounter on the server, the first of which was fine but this one was just appalling. My character is new to the city, an outcast with negative opinions on the Combine, so they go talk to the alien instead. I roleplay them as an ESL, so while they may come off as offensive and aggressive, it is a quirk that characters learn through interaction with this particular character.

Instead however, this player immediately decides that, for whatever reason they don't want to talk, immediately threaten my character with harm over a basic question. I walked in front of them, not bodyblocking as they still were able to move forward, I was only trying to get their attention as I was trying to talk to them in particular(Aka, the bodyblocking wasn't roleplayed, they were just moving while I was typing to talk to them). However, in less than five seconds they initiate combat and strike my character. I lose and take the hit. From here, my character is in fear for his life, and overreacts accordingly, yelling and screaming, angry at the vortigaunt that just attacked him. Despite the civil protection officer standing within earshot and witnessing it, for whatever reason they decided to ignore everything that was witnessed and turn it on my character, with zero justification to do so. The only thing that I noted is that very quickly after I was ziptied, they called in backup who quickly just started to loot me without many emotes at all, and then they executed me with NLR rules, removing my character's ability to even retaliate despite being exposed to an injustice, which I was perfectly acceptable with.

What irks me is how convenient that, the vortigaunt that is the physical aggressor, attacking a citizen in public, is completely disregarded over a normal citizen. It felt pretty targeting, considering that my character barely talks here nor displays the same physical aggression, only acting purely defensively.
Names of witnesses that can provide extra feedback on this case?:
N/A, but you can ask the characters seen in the screenshots provided
 
Hello! This is being looked at so please allow some time to collect all the details :)
 
Hello! Very sorry for the longevity in my response. In short, I wont be banning the player.

Reasons for this are simple. At the time of the incident ig, there was an event going on, whereby the city was without power and civil protection orders were a lot harsher as a result. RP from my understanding derived from a vort who claimed to have been verbally assaulted/attacked in some manner, pinning the blame onto your character. This was unfortunate, but effectively put your character into a situation.

Thankfully, at the time of the event it was agreed by those within civil protection that during the black out event, those killed for blue tier and orange tier charges would not result in a PK, and instead be given NLR. This was the case for yourself thankfully.

The player in question, playing the CP at the time has been spoken to on their RP. From what they told me it all went smoothly, being backed up by one or two other players as well. From my understanding it was not a case of "Im going to kill this character to prevent future issues from occurring" and more a case of pushing forward with the RP being presented to them, which unfortunately for yourself resulted in being shot and killed, then given NLR to continue the characters story from an earlier perspective.

I hope this explains it all to you, and again I apologize for the late late response.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top