Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bdb413 ban appeal (2nd day playing bro) - 76561198976726052

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejanitor413

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Jan 21, 2022
Messages
241
Steam Name: bigdaddyboy413
SteamID: IDK.

Name of the Admin you were banned by:
(I was told it was) @Goose

How long is the ban for?:
10080 Minutes.

The reason you were banned?:
Meta-gaming (via in-game PMs, but it's claimed we used steam and the group menu although I have none of my group members added on steam?)

Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
I am aware I meta-gamed, which was around, give or take, twice, maybe even three times, and at absolutely no harm or foul to absolutely anyone, and yes - I understand, a rulebreak, is a rulebreak, irregardless of the context and manner it's taken in, however, it's made to seem as if we we're using Steam to coordinate movements and actions, when I haven't anyone from Willard added on steam, though I'd wish to, to play more with the people I meet, and also that we used the Group Tab, but the most I did there was write in the info' tab that we owned and operated a shop (Chestnut Cafe), which they should go to should they ever need to find the Clan as it's our faction headquarters?

What I'm assuming was the main fault of myself, was PM'ing on two or three occasions to members to find me or meet me at a specific porch, usually, at the roof of the apartments, why? We're we plotting a major conspiracy? A HUGE shotcop? Not at all, I literally only asked that of them so we could gather for mostly passive RP, as, I'm fairly certain all I've done is passive RP besides my first day I played, on the first day of the map change. And, I am more than certain, many use, via steam, their chats to communicate to their friends places to meet and the like, settings for the sake of RP, passive, otherwise, you're left aimlessly wandering alone. I also care to mention the first time I was pm'ed, being prompted to give my member my location as he asked for it, given that, I thought it ordinary behavior, which I see now, the server isn't different in ruling as others.

I completely understand enforcing the rules, but, I also believe in leniency, I didn't mean to meta-game, though it seems I was with the ill-intention, I simply used it to find the people I was playing with with ease, rather than running around the whole city, which I did on more than one occasion, and continued to do after the PMs. I'm sorry to inconvenience you that sometimes it takes a tad bit of OOC motivation and work to organize some quality RP, which I've gotten done.

In the time I'll be banned, I kind of throw away the whole idea of my gang/company faction the Hoshi Clan, my Partnership with Tenzhen, my store, and any possible progress and development because I doubt I'll be waiting in anticipation for the end of the ban to pick up, everything will kind've be, washed away.

It all just seems oddly unnecessary, I'd have lavished atleast a warning, this is a bit serious punishment. I am sorry, and will refrain from it in the future, should I be given chance for that reformation to come.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: No.

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?:
No, apparently a dude named Jethmar got banned for the same thing, I think he might be the dude who PM'ed me?
 
Ban Information
  • ID - #725
  • Reason - Metagaming via in-game PM's, group, and steam.
  • Expiry - Sun Dec 04 2022 16:50:47 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • User - 76561198976726052
  • Moderator - 76561198833340012
 
Hello! Im dealing with this for you. I looked through the logs and gathered some evidence from a fellow admin and it appears you did Metagame through PMs on the server. Not only this, but you also asked people to join a group on steam with you to start communicating directly. This is a big no no, as we have a well managed and policed discord for that very idea.

With this said, I will be Denying your appeal. I know this may be your first ban, but we deal with cases of Meta seriously.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top