Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Better ragdolls

Gazzpacho

Active member
Banned
Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Messages
320
So ummm, as I'm banned from the discord I need to do something to not get bored on the forums. So I was just testing out the Fedhoira addon, and believe me, it works fantastic, it's actually one of my favorite addons that does what it's meant to do. I don't know how difficult it is to add it but... if you do add it, it would make kills more realistic in many ways. The way the ragdoll falls, the way it moves, everything is good about the addon, and believe me, PKs are gonna happen often, why don't we make them look better.

DISCLAIMER: I've been testing it on NPCs only, not players, and I don't know if it works on them as well, if it doesn't, this whole thread is useless.

 
ngl I love this. Source ragdolls just completely fly off or act goofy. This would be really cool if it worked with players but even if it didn't it'd be cool for NPC combats. Plus They are going to use turn-based combat plugin so it might work even better.
 
Right now I will test the weapons WN has on NPCs, and maybe get a friend to test on him as well later.
 
Unless they turn into actual ragdolls on death, I think that this would be clientside, it just needs to be enabled on the server, but I don't know 🤷
 
Unless they turn into actual ragdolls on death, I think that this would be clientside, it just needs to be enabled on the server, but I don't know 🤷
They play animations, or, the bones are 'transformed' so it's not just a set anim that stays the same each time (something like that at least). its cool, but definitely not clientside. It's a serverside thing afaik. they turn into ragdolls after a few seconds
 
Having this in conjunction with RagMod3 then for some certain settings like ragdolling when falling over a certain speed if it's not too performance heavy I think would be good additions then

Edit: After looking at the settings of ragmod3 I think it's actually what AuraWatch uses in some videos I've seen where players fall down after a certain amount of damage where they can be killed or left alone to get up. Either that or it's a very similar specifically made addon
 
It works on players I tested it. Players drop dead in different animations depending on hitbox
 
not sure how i feel about it. i don't have access to living human clone bodies to test it on IRL but i feel like the animations are too consistent. you can kill three guys and they all stumble in the exact same way. source ragdolls have the element of randomness which is more immersive imo
 
So it depends on the weapon and its base. For example, I've tested TFA weapons, they worked great, NPCs staying still fell down with a little push, those that were running fell down forward depending in which direction they ran. But for CW weapons, even though we don't use them, I've worked with them for about 3 years, and I'm disappointed in how the ragdolls react to the killings, they just fall down from staying still, not even a push, no matter from where you shoot, the results aren't as good as TFA ones. I don't know which one of you has tested it on private or just watched the videos, but I suggest you try it out yourselves.
 
you can kill three guys and they all stumble in the exact same way
That's not how the addon works from what I've seen. Instead of being set animations, like a walking animation, the addon seems to.. like, push the bones in a certain direction without forcing them to be in a set pose? Each death isnt exactly the same, I guess.
 
Hi! Sorry but this is not something we have time to look into at the moment so I'll have to deny it for now
 
Back
Top