Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Blackjack - Feedback

G

Goose

1651964492541.png
Welcome to the feedback thread for Operation Blackjack.

Let us know what you liked most, what you found lacking, and what you want to see more of!

Don't be afraid to be honest! It helps us to improve!

Reminder, this is for the entire event series!

Last edited:
Operation Blackjack was an insanely unique and lovely experienced that I had enjoyed over the course of three or so weeks. Though lag and some technical bugs were speckled around the events themselves, the amount of effort the Game Masters put into providing an excellent passive environment AND enjoyable combat scenarios is nothing short of fantastic and admirable.

The level of detail and attention towards maintaining the overall 'vibe' of Halo (whether it be the background radio chatter, the event characters, the propping + environment, the music, and even the story itself) was absurdly well done, and very rarely did I ever feel taken out of a situation immersion-wise.

Pros:
- Coherent and fun storytelling
- Well-propped and themed areas for immersion
- RAD-X'S RADIO CHATTER!!!
- Goose's dedication and hard work to coding and providing an immersive experience through UI and weapons
- The death-numbered PK system was unique and worked very well
- Overall a very fun experience

Cons:
- Lengthy, long-term event. Can lead to burnout for some event-goers.
- Lag due to particles, NPCs, weapons, etcetera was excessive at certain points
- The facial models were ugly, but that's personal preference

All in all, Operation Blackjack proved to be a concept and experiment to branch out from the standard of HL2RP, and I feel it was overwhelmingly successful in the eyes of a player. I certainly won't forget the fun I had with this alternative approach to storytelling from the Short Stories team, and hope they consider it a valid example to provide more eccentric story ideas in the future!

Most of the events we're really fun other than some drawbacks that most people already know of. It was fun to meet all the new people and provide medical care for them. I'm a bit sad I wasn't able to attend the last big operation though. Overall it was a really great first short story for me to go to.

OPERATION BLACKJACK Has been the most Unique Short Story that I have participated in within Willard Networks so far. I myself did not know much about Halo nor its background Lore however during my playthrough I found that Goose's Storyline helped me understand it and enjoy it all the more.

The amount of work that went into this Short Story was astounding whether it was the Props Used, Soundtracks, or Unique Event characters that we met along the way. I noticed the Combat Scenarios were carefully orchestrated to be not too overwhelming as well as not being too bland, having enemies coming at you from all sides.

PROS:

-Unique and Engaging Storyline
-Fun Combat Scenarios
-Interesting Event Characters (Insurrectionists, Lieutenant Richard etc.)
-The whole dedication towards making this Story Happen from Goose and others involved

-The ranking system and how those who fought well would be promoted instead of being a PVT or LCPL for the entire event.
-The fun radio chatter from RAD-X through the event operations.
-Overall the uniqueness and Fun that it brought.

CONS:

-Lag problems that occurred within the final operation led to many players not being able to use their weapons and losing one of their lives
-An Inconvenience with most Passive events led to there having only Four or Five players showing up. (Not any of the SS team's fault just a personal inconvenience)

Overall I loved the experience and the Narrative fun that was ser out from the start. Well done!

Dying along side Armstrong was a privilege, I was so happy we did a halo based event since I adore that series, and despite a few things not sounding exactly like they would of happened in lore it was cool as fuck and fun as hell. Even with the finally we’re every enemy that wasn’t an elite was an error I still loved it greatly thank you lads for doing this and RIP to the 5th that died on that planet with us!

Back